• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/i...oy_dies_from_injuries.html#incart_river_index
23871436-standard.jpg

An infant boy injured during an argument between his parents earlier this week has died.

The Jefferson County Coroner's Office on Friday identified the boy as D'Mario Hall. He was 2 months and 24 days old.
[....]
Police and medics were called to the apartment after a domestic dispute erupted there, said Fairfield Police Chief Nick Dyer.

When they arrived on the scene, they found D'Mario unresponsive. He was rushed to Children's of Alabama where he was declared brain dead Monday afternoon. He remained on life support until he was officially pronounced dead at 2:15 p.m. Thursday.

Chief Deputy Coroner Bill Yates said an autopsy will be performed today to determine the exact cause of death.

D'Mario's mother, 31-year-old Ratunda Smith, is charged with aggravated child abuse. Authorities said the boy's father was holding the baby when Smith fought him and caused him to drop the baby onto the concrete floor. She then picked up D'Mario by his clothing and shook him and swung him, according to an affidavit in the case.

D'Mario suffered a fractured skull, bleeding on the brain and retinal damage.
[....]
Smith's four other children - two boys and two girls ages 7 and under - were at the hospital with the family and were taken into protective custody by Birmingham police.
[....]
The father has not been charged with any crime. Dyer said both parents are deaf and an interpreter has been used to help with the investigation.

This story will be updated if more information is released today about D'Mario's death or upgraded charges.

D'Mario is the 13th child countywide under the age of 18 whose death has been investigation as a homicide this year -six of them age 12 and under - compared to six for all of 2016.

Ratunda?! Is she a hambeast? Because I read "Rotunda" at first glance.

If this is what she did to the youngest baby, I'm glad the other children survived. It may not be the first time she went all rag doll on of her tinies, just the first time she killed one.

Last edited:
They are both deaf and require an interpreter??? Why the fuck are they allowed to be breeding...i mean i get the dad didnt do it here...but still.....

They are both deaf and require an interpreter??? Why the fuck are they allowed to be breeding...i mean i get the dad didnt do it here...but still.....

This case has nothing to do with the perp being deaf. She killed her baby because she is a violent asshole, not because she is deaf.

Wonder if she is related to the interpreter that was a fake ...? How how
[doublepost=1513265348,1513265227][/doublepost]F
Are you saying that you don't think disabled people should start families?

Funny if I said that they would be all over my ass with Crap ...hum humm

That is probably accurate. However, you are now well known for having opinions many of us do not share, while Kimberix is not, so people are cutting her some slack. Most people cut you some slack at the beginning too, but now that we know you, we know there are some subjects upon which we usually seem to disagree.

I agree that this particular deaf couple shouldn't have children. I had thought that's what Kimberix meant. I need to work on my reading comprehension, I guess. Trying to sneak DD in at work does have its hazards!

I agree that this particular deaf couple shouldn't have children. I had thought that's what Kimberix meant. I need to work on my reading comprehension, I guess. Trying to sneak DD in at work does have its hazards!
Thank you...that is exactly what i meant....or rather its not that i think disabled people shouldnt have children...i think TWO disabled people together should not have kids....and now ive thought about it a bit. Why was dad even holding the baby while an argument/fight was even going on? I hate to think he grabbed up itty bitty thinking babe will be a protection (a shield if you will) from the crazy bitches attacks.. Meaning he thought if he had the babe she wouldn't go ape shit which clearly did not work.

i think TWO disabled people together should not have kids....

I can see that point of view when it's something as severe as Downs, or Huntingtons. But deaf??? It's not like deaf people can't live on their own, can't work, and have to be completely dependent for a lifetime, or face a miserable death.

Why shouldn't two deaf people be able to have kids??? Is the world going to be worse off with another deaf person, assuming their cases are even genetic? Or do you mean they'll need some help teaching their kids to speak? I don't understand why being deaf is such an issue for having kids here.

... babies aren't goddamn baseball bats.

They are to be loved and protected. THEY ARE NEVER WEAPONS.

That this kid died should really, hopefully, be used as a rallying cry. Just because you create a miracle, and EVERY child is a goddamn miracle, does not give you carte blanche to destroy it whenever you decide oooh... that guy insulted me and dropped my kid. Lets pick him up, and not be... you know, an actual goddamn mother, lets use the kid as a weapon.

Sterilise them both and dump them in friggin Siberia.

Thank you...that is exactly what i meant....or rather its not that i think disabled people shouldnt have children...i think TWO disabled people together should not have kids....and now ive thought about it a bit. Why was dad even holding the baby while an argument/fight was even going on? I hate to think he grabbed up itty bitty thinking babe will be a protection (a shield if you will) from the crazy bitches attacks.. Meaning he thought if he had the babe she wouldn't go ape shit which clearly did not work.

Not sure I think much better of your opinions now you have had a chance to clarify.

While there are disabilities that have a genetic cause and where there might be a risk of passing the disability down to the next generation (for which reason some people living with disabilities choose not to start families) there are an awful lot of disabilities that are completely unrelated to genes.

It is also not unusual for people living with disabilities to be in relationships with other people living with disabilities, partly through non-disabled people's lack of imagination and partly through simple proximity: We are all more likely to pair up with the people who are like us in some way, who share interests, ambitions, struggles. This probably goes even more for the Deaf community than for many others, since they have their own schools and colleges and their own language.

To suggest that two people who love each other and want to start a family together should not do so simply because they are living with disabilities sounds an awful lot like eugenics. In fact it slips into that camp as soon as you change "should not" into "must not".

Now, these two particular asshats have obviously demonstrated that between them they are not fit to raise a potted plant; but we have any number of perfectly non-disabled couples on these boards who have demonstrated skills as bad or worse when it comes to parenting, so I think offering their disabilities as an explanation for what went wrong and a way to prevent other tragedies is rather lame.

Last edited:
that guy insulted me and dropped my kid. Lets pick him up, and not be... you know, an actual goddamn mother, lets use the kid as a weapon.

The article doesn't say he just dropped the kid, it says she attacked him and he dropped the kid in the process then used the kid as a weapon.

Unless there are unwritten details, I'm not sure the dude did anything wrong here.

I was offering her an opportunity to explain herself before I launched into a diatribe. She might, after all, just have expressed herself clumsily. Would appear she actually meant it, though.

... both parents are deaf ...
I know deaf people argue, but seeing them do so is some pretty strange shit.

My son had a friend in elementary school whose both of his parents were deaf (he wasn't). The boy was pretty normal, but his younger bother (I would say about 4 or 5 years old) would actually run through the house screaming almost non-stop. No one would tell him to settle down, as if it was the most natural thing to do. That was some pretty strange shit too.

Jan 17, 2018

Authorities have upgraded the charges against a Fairfield mother who has been jailed since December in connection with the death of her infant son.

The aggravated child abuse charge against 31-year-old Ratunda Smith was dismissed last week and a new charge of murder filed, court records show. D'Mario Hall, who was 2 months and 24 days old, died at Children's of Alabama after police say he was injured during an argument between his parents.

Smith remains in the county jail with bond set at $60,000. At her initial court appearance, a judge ruled that should Smith make bond, she must remain at home on 24-hour-a-day electronic monitoring.

D'Mario Hall was injured about 10 a.m. on Dec. 4, 2017 at the Mattie Gill Jackson Gardens public housing community. Police and medics were called to the apartment after a domestic dispute erupted there, said Fairfield Police Chief Nick Dyer.

When they arrived on the scene, they found D'Mario unresponsive. He was rushed to Children's of Alabama where he was pronounced dead at 2:15 p.m. on Dec. 7.

Authorities said the boy's father was holding the baby when Smith fought him and caused him to drop the baby onto the concrete floor. She then picked up D'Mario by his clothing and shook him and swung him, according to an affidavit in the case.

D'Mario suffered a fractured skull, bleeding on the brain and retinal damage.

Smith's four other children - two boys and two girls ages 7 and under - were at the hospital with the family and were taken into protective custody by Birmingham police. Initially they were placed into the custody of DHR. The father has not been charged with any crime. Dyer said both parents are deaf and an interpreter has been used to help with the investigation.
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/i...ainst_fairfield_mothe.html#incart_river_index

31 years old, 5 children under 7, and a fuc*ing murdering moron to boot. Sterilize her with a hot fireplace poker!

Latest posts

Back