• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

alifinrox

Empath, attention whore
hi people, i'm here posting my first thread here or anywhere for that matter to share the awful news that Warrel Dane, singer and writer for metal bands Sanctuary and Nevermore passed away this morning, December 13, 2017, at the age of 56, although some outlets list him as being 48.
Dane reportedly died of a heart attack in São Paulo, Brazil, where he was working on his second solo album. according to his solo guitarist, Johnny Moraes AKA Jonny Smokes, "he died in the night. He had a heart attack, he was in the apartment where he stayed during the recording of the album when it happened. I gave him cardiac massage and we called the Mobile Emergency Care Service (SAMU), who came very fast, but when they arrived, he was already dead." Dane is said to have had a history of addictions and health issues including diabetes. although it seems like in the rock world, most cardiac deaths are related to stimulants like cocaine, i am suspecting that may not be the case this time, as he was also said to be in poor general health.
i fucking love you Warrel. you sing and yr words pierce my soul and tell my story. we both had lost a soulmate to heroin. we both shared the bitter indignation of living in this dark existence while still searching for the light, a home for our soul, an understanding with our creator, and to be with our loved ones again.
i will never forget standing in the 2nd row when Nevermore played here in Portland several years ago. i was holding my teddy bear up and he had a furry paw up rocking out. Warrel sees my bear, smiles, grabs my bear and KISSES HIM!!!!! and hands him back to me!!! i was like omg this gorgeous metal god kissed my bear!!!! Beary never washed his muzzle again! i think i ruined the moment though when i asked him twice if i could have his shirt.
years later i had a chance to see him at some kind of meet and greet thing for around $75 on his solo tour after Nevermore broke up, right around the time i had found a mini digital recorder at a hawk shop for about the same amount. i called a good friend and he said he'd loan me money for either the show OR the digi recorder. after much soul searching i decided it was more important to get my own music thing up and running again than to meet my musical idol.
well of course now i super regret that decision. esp now that the recorder is lost at my best friends house. Fuck!!!!!

Back