• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cincinnati-ohio-woman-burns-down-home-trying-to-kill-bedbugs/
CINCINNATI -- Authorities said that three people were injured and 10 people were left homeless after a woman accidentally started a fire while trying to kill bed bugs with rubbing alcohol at a multi-family home in Cincinnati.

WXIX-TV reports it's the second time in two weeks that a fire sparked by attempts to kill bed bugs has caused extensive damage in Cincinnati.

Officials say the fire late Friday heavily damaged a five-unit building and sent three people to a hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. Their injuries aren't considered life-threatening.
[....]
the damage is estimated at $250,000.

Eight people were left homeless on Nov. 28 when a 13-year-old boy set fire to an apartment building after dousing a bed bug with alcohol.

Wow, I never knew how combustible bedbugs are, throw a little alcohol on them suckers and half the city goes up. :eek:

I use 91% rubbing alcohol for a variety of uses and have managed not to set anything on fire in the process. Exactly where does the fire come into it?

How the hell did the alcohol go up in flames. That's what I wanta know. What did these geniuses use to light the alcohol and what made them think it was a brilliant idea.

How the hell did the alcohol go up in flames. That's what I wanta know. What did these geniuses use to light the alcohol and what made them think it was a brilliant idea.
Dropped a cigarette after dousing the place, in most cases.

I use 91% rubbing alcohol for a variety of uses and have managed not to set anything on fire in the process. Exactly where does the fire come into it?[/QUOTE
[doublepost=1513114809,1513114563][/doublepost]My Disqus is malfunctioning. Tried to respond and it shut down completely. What I wanted to say was that I use rubbing alcohol as well without setting things on fire.

Maybe they were pouring the flammable alcohol too close to a space heater? Not in the article but the house looks really old and drafty. :shrug:

Well, on the plus side, I bet the bed bugs are dead. :smuggrin:
don;t count on it, they are hardier than roaches. never had them never intend to they say now because they have gotten so bad wash any clothes etc immediately when you get them home from the thrift store
[doublepost=1513134693,1513134636][/doublepost]
Maybe they were pouring the flammable alcohol too close to a space heater? Not in the article but the house looks really old and drafty. :shrug:
probably someone lit up a cigarette or drop ash
[doublepost=1513134782][/doublepost]
Dropped a cigarette after dousing the place, in most cases.
good to see you, there's a new others book coming out soon :happy:

It's perfectly logical to assume they made a flamethrower (after YouTube taught them how, of course :shame:) with the sole intent of burn this fucking shit. To. The. Ground.

Only plausible and reasonable explaination... Duh

Oh God. I'm starting to itch.

after reading this have found so many scorched cases it is unbelievable, alway think of that Denzel WAshington horror possession movie like with these out of the charred remains the babies will hatch & latch on to someones pant cuff

I use 91% rubbing alcohol for a variety of uses and have managed not to set anything on fire in the process. Exactly where does the fire come into it?
Had a real issue myself about a year ago with bedbugs. They are vicious, vampiric abominations that stink when you squish em, and splatter YOUR blood which they fed on all over the place. 91 percent alcohol works great, and watching em lock up and fucking die brought joy to my heart, the bedbugs I mean :p
[doublepost=1513290798,1513290746][/doublepost]
No. No. No.
Only solution is to kill it with fire.
Seriously. I pray that I never encounter bed bugs, or I myself, will have my own burn it down thread.
Legit. Burn. It. To. The. Ground.
Cuz Nope. I just can't
Trust me, they are....satan's insects!

Back