• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I'm sure there are a plethora of mental disorders caused by drinking while pregnant.

However; the most prevalent is fetal alcohol syndrome which has very evident facial features. Autistic tendencies is a comorbid disorder often linked to FAS, but isn't always necessarily present.

I don't think it's fair to accuse this woman of giving her kids autism without all the evidence.

Like when folks used to say that ADHD was caused by: not whoopin your kid's ass enough/watching TV/ Sugar/red dye......

Worry boutcher own "normal" kids, why dontcha.
[doublepost=1485299471,1485298767][/doublepost]
If you have one kid with autism the chances of having another kid with autism is 1 in 5 and especially with boys. So it's not all that odd she has two kids on the spectrum.
That being said why the fuck would she get pregnant a 3rd time? This is why we need to teach people about contraceptives and birth control and quit preaching abstinence. If people would just use condoms this shit would not be as prevalent.

Ima just say.....

I have a lovely family whose children I have had the honor of teaching over the course of the last 10 years.

Their first child, a boy, was one of my fave kiddos ever. We saw signs and recommended evals and he was dxd as ASD. They were heartbroken, but quickly became amazing advocates for their child and did everything in their power to get him the intervention/therapies he needed.

Second child, a girl. Totally neurotypical. Again, one of my fave students ever.

They decided they wanted a third child....lots of people were "why"?

But they did not see #1 as a burden, but considered each child individually.

#3 is a boy and aside from some low tone, is again, a delight and one of my favorite children ever.

His parents were not wearing blinders. They asked often if I saw any of the "flags" we observed with #1. When I shared with them my observations about #3 and some fine/gross motor issues, they did not hesitate to have him evaluated and he is doing great!

All that to say- I get what you are saying, and ME? Personally? A child with ADHD was enough to fill my plate, but other parents may have a larger platter. <3

This woman, however? Fuck her. Heinous bitch.

My son has ASD and we do everything we can to make sure he has all the help he needs and more. When we were in Georgia they wanted to put him in SpEd and we had all his paperwork showing he qualified for GenEd. I want another baby but only time will tell on that one.
To be fair tho this broad doesnt look like she has the empathy for one kid let alone 3.

The defense and the state both rested their cases just shy of a week after the beginning of the trial of Miranda Hopkins, a Troy mother charged with manslaughter in the death of her 7-week-old son.

Hopkins, 32, was arrested last winter after calling 911 upon discovering her child Jaxson unresponsive, cold to the touch and stiff.

The official cause of death was listed as blunt force trauma to the head.

Hopkins told authorities she woke up to find her baby cold, white and “beat to hell.” She said it was possible one of her two older, severely autistic boys might have crawled into bed with her and the baby and crushed or suffocated him.

On the stand Monday however, Hopkins admitted that the story she told authorities after calling 911 was not true. She did not go to bed in her own room and wake to find Jaxson already deceased.

Instead, she said she fell asleep on the floor of her other sons’ bedroom with Jaxson asleep in the living room.

Hopkins initially told authorities that she must have “blacked out” and was “so drunk that she did not remember,” as she had drunk whiskey and had taken an antihistamine, according to a police affidavit.

In her testimony she admitted to having drunk between five and seven shots of Fireball whiskey on Jan. 11, 2017, and taking Benadryl for congestion. She also said she smoked marijuana that day as well.

During questioning by defense attorney Christopher MacLean, Hopkins said she put Jaxson in a chair in the living room, then felt ill in her other sons’ bedroom, feeling a “spinning” sensation. She later found Jaxson cold to the touch.

“I was greeted by a nightmare,” she said.

A tearful Hopkins said she lied because she was afraid her two surviving boys, one of whom may have killed Jaxson, would be taken away from her.

“Did you kill your son Jaxson?” MacLean asked.

“No,” Hopkins said.

“Do you have any knowledge of what actually happened in your house that night?” he asked.

“No,” she said.
http://www.pressherald.com/2017/11/...ifferent-story-about-death-of-7-week-old-son/

She looks like Gary Oldman from The Fifth Element.
He played a murderous arms dealer.
He was bad, ergo....she too is bad.

Seriously though this bimbo needs to go away for a long time.
Perhaps to that farm upstate with all the sick and old pets.

She looks like Gary Oldman from The Fifth Element.
He played a murderous arms dealer.
He was bad, ergo....she too is bad.

Seriously though this bimbo needs to go away for a long time.
Perhaps to that farm upstate with all the sick and old pets.

Omg thank you, kept seeing that ridiculous hair while reading.

A Maine woman who told investigators that she must have 'blacked out' after drinking multiple shots of liquor and smoking marijuana on the night of her infant son's death has been sentenced to 13 years in prison.

Miranda Hopkins, 32, was found guilty of manslaughter in the death of her son Jaxson and sentenced on Wednesday in Belfast.

Following 13 years in prison, Hopkins was given four years of probation, during which she will be required to refrain from using drugs or alcohol.

She will head to prison on December 26 after being allowed to spend Christmas with her father, who is in poor health.

Hopkins will be placed under house arrest at her cousin’s home, according to Bangor Daily News.

Her attorney, Christopher MacLean, said he has filed a notice of appeal in the case, but he may or may not follow through with the appeal because he feels the trial was handled fairly by the court.

Hopkins said she still doesn't know how seven-week-old Jaxson died in January, but she previously told police that one of her two autistic sons, aged six and eight,may have been responsible.

Jaxson suffered extensive injuries, including skull fractures, 15 broken ribs, a broken right arm, and cuts and bruises from head to toe.

Police have said that Hopkins had been drinking whisky and told investigators that she must have 'blacked out'.

In multiple interviews, Hopkins reportedly told authorities that she was co-sleeping with Jaxson when she woke up with gall bladder pain in the middle of the night, according to the Bangor Daily News.

Hopkins said she had checked on her other two sons, who share a bedroom in the home, before checking on Jaxson.

But a few hours later, she said she woke up to find her baby cold and 'beat to hell'. The baby's cause of death was listed as blunt force head injuries.

At the time, Hopkins claimed that one of her sons, likely the eight-year-old, must have climbed onto the bed, and either crushed or beat Jaxson without her hearing or feeling anything.

But much of this initial story was a lie, she told jurors last month.

Hopkins said last month that she initially lied to police because she feared her sons would be taken away from her. Her older sons have since moved in with a relative.

The defense initially argued that the boys would have been capable of seriously harming their sibling.

According to the defense, the six-year-old had shown aggressive tendencies against other children in the past.

Despite her son's horrific injuries, Hopkins said she never heard cries, a scuffle, or the loud vocalizations that her autistic sons make when they're agitated or excited.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5176921/Maine-mother-gets-13-years-babys-beating-death.html
474D897400000578-5176921-image-m-18_1513203847573.jpg

loud vocalizations that her autistic sons make when they're agitated or excited.

So not verbal and absolutely incapable of defending themselves against her accusation. Most likely it was the best thing for them to be taken away from a falling down black out drunk mother.

A Troy woman convicted of manslaughter in the death of her infant son is arguing for a new trial.

WABI-TV reports that Miranda Hopkins wants DNA taken from her two autistic sons, who she’s blamed for the January 2017 death of her infant son, Jaxson.

A subpoena has been issued to their father seeking his approval.

The Maine Supreme Judicial Court rejected an appeal of her 13-year prison sentence last year.

Hopkins initially told police she “blacked out” and awoke to find her 7-week-old son cold and beaten. She told police one of her two autistic sons may have caused the injuries. Jaxson’s cause of death was listed as blunt force head injuries.

A court found Hopkins drank shots of liquor and smoked marijuana the night of Jaxson’s death.

Back