• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
An eight-year-old New Jersey girl took her own life after reportedly reading a news story on Facebook about a Colorado girl who hanged herself in November.

Imani McCray had been sent to her room for a time out just before the suicide attempt.

Authorities said her family members tried to revive her before medics arrived.

Emergency crews were called to her family's apartment building in Newark on Sunday.

Imani had a faint pulse when paramedics arrived, but prosecutors said she was pronounced dead at the University Hospital in Newark, according to NBC New York.

Essex County prosecutors said they are trying to determine if Imani may have seen the story about 10-year-old Ashawnty Davis, who hanged herself in November, and copied what she had read.

Prosecutors also said Imani may have hanged herself in a case of tragic playacting at her home, according to NBC.

Imani would have turned nine years old next week. Her death comes a little over a week after Ashawnty was taken off life support.

Authorities said that there is no indication that Imani was bullied. Imani's family is making funeral arrangements.

The tragic deaths of Imani and Ashawnty are reminders that more than 3.2 million students who fall victim to bullying each year.

About 17 per cent of American students report being bullied two to three times a month or more within a school semester.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5175477/New-Jersey-girl-8-killed-time-out.html
474A379900000578-0-image-m-19_1513175345801.jpg

What a beautiful little girl. Whether it was bullying or play acting it is a shame that a young life is lost.

Parents,

Please be involved in your kids lives.
Tell them how you love them...often.

Talk to them about bullying.
Talk to them about the mistake of suicide.
Get them counselling.
Talk to your family doctor.

Just be good parents.
Please.

I don’t like the phrase “playacting”.

If she didn’t intend to actually die, she wasn’t “playing” nor “acting”.

She was crying out for attention and help of some sort.

One doesn’t pretend to commit suicide when everything is going well in their life.

Tragic, she was so young. She looks like an incredibly sweet, beautiful little girl.

This is so awful, but so common :(. I work in mental health now, on the children's side of the Family Counseling Associates, and I talk with kids every day who say, "I was just mad" to explain potentially lethal suicide attempts. They don't understand the finality of death. They are just looking to punish their parents. These kids think, "I'll just kill myself and then they'll be sorry!". Scares the hell out of me. I spend so much of my time explaining to them that you are mad right now, but it will be over by tomorrow, but when you are dead, you are dead for a LONG time. A dirt nap is something you can't take back. It's scary how the young always think they are immortal, and it results in things like this. My heart hurts :(

Back