• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-raises-money-homeless-man-helped-her-125441341.html

A New Jersey woman who was helped by a homeless man when she ran out of gas in Philadelphia is raising money to help him.

Kate McClure was heading to Philadelphia to visit a friend last month when she ran out of gas on Interstate 95. The Florence Township woman pulled over and began to worry until a homeless man approached her.

The man, whose name was "Johnny," told her it wasn't safe and he bought McClure gas with his last $20.

McClure promised she would return to pay him. McClure and her boyfriend, Mark D'Amico, have since raised over $20,000 for the former ammunition technician.

The pair hope to get "Johnny" an apartment and help with transportation.

I've decided that today, Thanskgiving, I'm only going to post happy stories. {If I can find them, that is} I'm still a cynic, it seems.

I read a story last night stating the go fund me for him was over 65000 dollars :eek: and he had gotten a job interview with Amazon. My man's days are surely looking up.
[doublepost=1511463324,1511462646][/doublepost]I stand corrected I checked the GoFundMe today and it's up to 250,000! They can buy this homeless fool a home now and furnish that shit.

https://www.gofundme.com/hvv4r-paying-it-forward

He was def hoping to bang this dumbass irresponsible bimbo.

What is his record like? He have a criminal record? Is he currently sober?

wow what kind of piece of utter fucking SHIT would want to tear everyone in such a sweet story to shreds like that?? i for one am glad that this story got posted, and the fact that the couple looks so young is encouraging, it makes you think that any one of us can help change someones life. i actually screenshotted their pic so i could cheer up anytime.
i'm so happy and not a bit surprised that the go fund me is doing so well! you get what you give, multiplied. thats why assholes that spew that kinda negative shit we just saw /\ have so much shit to spew- and due in big part to their attitude they will continue to stay in their cycle of physical and emotional pain, and they will prob be utterly alone forever. and because theyre so fucking RUDE, no one will care, therefore intensifying negativity towards self and others. and the cycle continues.
on the other hand, i believe the people in this story will continue to be blessed because they have so much love and positivity in their hearts. yes we all know suffering but so few of us (at least out of those ive known in my tragic life) will ever know true happiness much less multiplied. but i believe it is possible with speech and thought training (catching and correcting negative thoughts) as well as an ability to be optimistic. that cycle is also self perpetuating and in my own experience, once you start seeing the positive, you notice yr seeing more and more of it all the time. its fucking beautiful.
i hope this formerly homeless guy addresses the issues behind his former situation, i hope he gets enough money to get stabilized and to invest in or even start his own company, and i hope he throws a little more back at that sweet couple and they can all continue to be blessed and keep it flowing towards other afflicted people. love will win as long as we are not complacent.

Don't bother with Jack.

He will always find something negative to say, if he can't, then he doesn't post.
Case in points
This thread and the thread where the pony gets a ride out of the danger zone just before getting burned up in the fire.
A pony for christ sakes!

Youd have to be a real fucking idiot to hand money over to a homeless person without desiring to first know whether he has a criminal record or drug addiction issues. Throw your money in the trash if you want, ill save mine for people who i KNOW deserve it.

Youd have to be a real fucking idiot to hand money over to a homeless person without desiring to first know whether he has a criminal record or drug addiction issues. Throw your money in the trash if you want, ill save mine for people who i KNOW deserve it.
because i unfortunately know there are so many others out there that think the way you do (and because i've been there myself), i'd be HAPPY to help those people, actually. it wouldn't bother me a bit to know my two bucks is going to someone who is normally looked down upon and judged. starving isn't going to give every drug addict an epiphany all of a sudden. judge not lest ye be judged or some shit.

i unfortunately know there are so many others out there that think the way you do (and because i've been there myself), i'd be HAPPY to help those people

Why is it unfortunate to wish to verify whether someone is or isnt a criminal prior to giving them money?

I sincerely do not understand the viewpoints to the contrary. Very fucking irresponsible and stupid.

Id have no issues with someone seeking out such info about me before giviing me a handout.

Last edited:
I've shared my liquor and weed with homeless folks, put a picnic in the trunk and fed a bunch of people, gave a heroin junkie 20 bucks so she wouldn't go sell her ass for a fix. People are people and just because someone is homeless, has an addiction or criminal record doesn't make them a bad person. A lot of fucking vets on the streets, kids trying to escape an abusive situation and people with mental illness. Doesn't make them bad people. Makes them people who don't have the choices a lot of us do, or the education, or the family. The list goes on....

Why is it unfortunate to wish to verify whether someone is or isnt a criminal prior to giving them money?

ok let's just go ahead and consider this, just for shiggles. in a common situation where you would come upon a person on a roadway who is either stranded or flying a sign, you probably don't have a lot of time to whip out your laptop and credit card to start running background checks. right? you can ask the person directly about their issues/extracurricular activities but how do you know they are being honest with their answers?

and even if these people are honest with you, have you considered which exact circumstances are 'acceptable' to you and which are not? like what if someone tells you they used to use but now are in recovery? you'd probably see being in recovery as a fault or flaw, even though they are doing one of the hardest things that can be done- letting go of a security blanket, often through deadly and horrific withdrawls and often with little or no support, deconstructing and reconstructing themselves from the ground up and relearning basically everything again, all while somehow finding a way to ignore every impulse from your body and brain. oh and as a disabled pain patient yourself, i'd hope you would have an ounce of empathy and compassion for those who became addicted to opiates and or benzos through a 'faultless' circumstance like an accident or pain prescription.

i just think any cynical fuck can tell another person exactly what they coulda woulda shoulda done differently in their life but its much harder to uphold these standards in their own lives. if one person was in charge of setting rules for others, you'd find only tolerance of mistakes that they themselves have made, and little consideration or understanding for others circumstances. there simply would be no people helping people, when the attitude is essentially, 'i help people who help themselves or are too smart to have problems', AKA 'help is for those who don't need it'.

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/hom...-360k-now-pay-forward-thing/story?id=51377241

"I want to change my life, but you know it just happened," he said. "I need to time to figure it all out."

McClure, a Florence, New Jersey, resident, has also arranged meetings with a financial planner and a lawyer to help the veteran.

"I just want to do the right thing," Bobbitt continued, noting that he plans to donate some of the money to organizations that help those in need.

"This money was given to help me. Why not help other people in similar situations or people that are actively helping other people in different situations?" he said.

"Everybody out there is facing some kind of struggle, so if I can touch their life, the way mine was touched, [it'd be] an amazing feeling," Bobbitt said. "I want to feel the feeling on the opposite end."

This is the end of a nice article about Johnny Bobbit and his life before and after encountering Katie McClure.

I also think Ms. McClure needs to make sure she's gassed up the next time she gets on the interstate, the next panhandler she encounters may not be the nice guy this man sure seems to be.

um, it may be a nice lesson for single women, but not a single shady person was part of that story. but sure, let's ignore kindness and goodness and focus on negative shit that could have happened instead of all the good that did happen.. sounds great! :confused:

Last edited:
I read a story last night stating the go fund me for him was over 65000 dollars :eek: and he had gotten a job interview with Amazon. My man's days are surely looking up.
[doublepost=1511463324,1511462646][/doublepost]I stand corrected I checked the GoFundMe today and it's up to 250,000! They can buy this homeless fool a home now and furnish that shit.

https://www.gofundme.com/hvv4r-paying-it-forward
Unfortunately, the lady that started the GoFundMe won't release the money to him or the truck and camper that was purchased with the money.
In the mean time, the lady that didn't have $20 to her name for gas is now going on extravagant vacations with her husband.
Hinky ain't it?

https://abc30.com/society/homeless-vet-who-helped-woman-says-money-being-withheld/4053601/

capture

Last edited:
The article says he is back on drugs. There is a good chance that giving him hundreds of thousands of dollars will kill him. But she should no long be in control of the funds, they need to go into a trust. GoFundMe are investigating apparently, I hope they sort this mess out.

She and her hubby seem to be having a good life thanks to the influx of cash...
that was never intended for them.

Set up a proper trust for the homeless guy.
Get him cleaned up and in a bona fide rehab.
Give him a fighting chance that people thought they were helping to create.

Homeless vet sues couple who raised $400K for him on GoFundMe
The homeless veteran who helped a stranded motorist has filed a lawsuit against the woman and her boyfriend to stop them from spending what remains from a $400,000 GoFundMe campaign they created for him, according to a report.

Johnny Bobbitt, who spent his last $20 to help Kate McClure when she ran out of gas in a rough neighborhood in Philadelphia last Thanksgiving, claims she and Mark D’Amico used the money for themselves, Philly.com reported.

McClure, 28, and D’Amico, 39, both of Florence Township, NJ, have claimed they’ve spent half the funds on housing and other expenses for Bobbitt, who has been living under a bridge and panhandling, saying they were holding the rest until he’s off drugs.

An injunction application filed Tuesday in Superior Court in Mount Holly claims the couple mismanaged the funds and committed fraud and conspiracy.

The lawsuit alleges they deposited “substantial portions of the money raised” into personal accounts and did not allow Bobbitt to access them to get off the streets.

“The defendants have expended more than half of the monies raised, and they continue to deprive [Bobbitt] access to the funds that were raised for him,” according to the suit filed by his lawyers Cozen O’Connor in Philadelphia, according to NJ.com.

Christopher C. Fallon, one of Bobbitt’s attorneys, said the suit was filed after D’Amico ignored several requests for a full accounting of the GoFundMe funds raised.

“He’s really left us with no choice but to go forward,” Fallon said, Philly.com reported.

They “conspired to utilize [Bobbitt’s] money to enjoy a lifestyle that they could not afford. Defendants admitted to commingling the funds raised for [Bobbitt] in their own personal accounts and have denied [Bobbitt] access to the account,” according to the court documents.
https://nypost.com/2018/08/23/gofundme-investigating-if-funds-for-homeless-hero-were-misused/
The filing alleges that D’Amico and McClure have considered the “GoFundMe account as their personal piggy bank.”

The couple appeared on NBC News’ “Megyn Kelly Today” on Monday and denied allegations they pocketed a large portion of the funds meant to get Bobbitt back on his feet.

They said they were protecting the interests of Bobbitt and the more than 14,000 donors by depositing the money into their own accounts to prevent him from doing drugs after he admitted to doing so in an article on Philly.com.

Bobbitt once blew through $25,000 cash in under two weeks, the couple claimed to Philly.com.

“Giving him all that money, it’s never going to happen. I’ll burn it in front of him,” D’Amico recently told the paper.

The couple now claim they are receiving death threats.

“It’s so hard to deal with when we know we did a good thing,” McClure said, tearing up, on the show. “I would do it all over again. I would do it all over again for him.”

Messages left for McClure and D’Amico by Philly.com seeking comment on the lawsuit were not immediately returned.

A judge is scheduled to hear the case Thursday, court spokeswoman Donna Mazzanti told Philly.com.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/29/homeless-vet-sues-couple-who-raised-400k-for-him-on-gofundme/

Bobbitt once blew through $25,000 cash in under two weeks, the couple claimed to Philly.com.

“Giving him all that money, it’s never going to happen. I’ll burn it in front of him,” D’Amico recently told the paper.

You raised it for him, give it to him. I hate people like this. If they set up a trust with all the money in it, I wouldn't be opposed to it. I hope they are audited and have to account for every penny of it.

Couple who raised $400K for homeless hero ordered to hand over remaining funds
A New Jersey couple must hand over what remains of the $400,000 they raised for a homeless Philadelphia man, a report said.

Katie McClure and her boyfriend, Mark D’Amico, had to give all the funds to their lawyer — after they had raised the dough through a GoFundMe campaignfor Johnny Bobbitt, according to Philadelphia’s NBC10.

The lawyer was directed to place the funds into an escrow account as the case continues, the report said

The judge also has ordered McClure and D’Amico to provide a full accounting of the money they raised.

Bobbitt had gained worldwide attention after he spent his last $20 to help McClure buy gas last fall.

The couple started the campaign for Bobbitt with the goal of raising $10,000 — a target they quickly surpassed when their fundraiser went viral.

But once the money started coming in, they said Bobbitt was blowing it on drugs and tried to withhold it for his own benefit.

The couple claimed they’ve spent half the funds on housing and other expenses for Bobbitt

Bobbitt once blew through $25,000 cash in under two weeks, they claimed to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

The homeless veteran then filed a lawsuit to stop the couple from spending what remains from the GoFundMe campaign.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/31/coupl...ss-hero-ordered-to-hand-over-remaining-funds/

He blew it on crap, so they decided to outspend him on crap. Yeah, that makes so much sense. :rolleyes: I hope they end up in jail, too.

Well it's all "he said/they said" right now until they do the forensic accounting. Time will tell who is BS'ing the most. However based on the jobs the couple has it sure doesn't sound like they could fund their travel off their own salaries.

http://www2.philly.com/philly/news/...-mcclure-mark-damico-money-gone-20180904.html
A lawyer for Johnny Bobbitt, the homeless man whose kindness to a stranger inspired a $400,000 GoFundMe campaign, said Tuesday that all of the money raised for his client is gone.

Chris Fallon said he learned of the missing money in a conference call Tuesday morning with lawyers for Kate McClure and Mark D'Amico, the Burlington County couple accused of mismanaging the money raised for Bobbitt.

"It completely shocked me when I heard," said Fallon. "It came as a complete surprise to me."

Word of the missing money came on the same day Bobbitt's lawyers asked a judge to impose sanctions on the couple after the pair missed a court-ordered deadline to hand over the remaining GoFundMe money. Bobbitt hired a legal team after becoming concerned that the couple had squandered much of the money raised to help him get off the streets. He said they denied him access to the funds while spending money on expensive vacations and a new BMW.
[....]
Last week, lawyers for Bobbitt asked a judge to require the couple to submit an accounting of the money and wire it into a trust for him. McClure and D'Amico missed a deadline for doing so.

On Tuesday, Bobbitt's lawyers asked that D'Amico, 35, and McClure, 28, be held in contempt of court because they failed to follow Judge Paula T. Dow's Aug. 30 order to relinquish what is left of the donations within 24 hours. The lawyers said no money had been transferred from the couple's savings account into a frozen escrow account set up by the law firm Cozen O'Connor.

Concerned that the couple could present a flight risk, the lawyers asked Dow to issue sanctions requiring them to remain in New Jersey, surrender their passports, post a bond, and restrain from spending any money in their bank accounts.
[....]
Jacqueline Promislo, one of Bobbitt's three pro bono lawyers, said the couple's lawyer, Ernest E. Badway, had not responded to an email detailing wiring instructions or an inquiry about whether the money was moved.

According to application for sanctions, D'Amico and McClure failed to comply with the court's 24-hour deadline "without explanation or request for extension."

"If they flee, they're taking the money with them," Promislo said in a phone interview over the weekend as the team of attorneys mulled further legal action. "We're really concerned about the flight risk."

Badway declined to comment Tuesday.
[....]
At an injunction hearing on Thursday, Badway told Dow that the 24-hour deadline would be difficult to meet over the holiday weekend, calling the order a "harsh remedy."

In response, Dow said, "The banks are open Friday, most banks are open Saturday. And if the monies aren't in the bank, they can pull their money out of their pillowcases and have them delivered to you, to be handed over and placed in a trust account."

Dow ordered a full accounting of the money by Sept. 9 with details on how the money was used and where it was spent.

In court on Thursday, Badway said Bobbitt stole from the couple and received at least $200,000 from the funds since the couple set up the GoFundMe page for him last November. McClure, a receptionist, and D'Amico, a carpenter, have said they were wary of giving Bobbitt large sums of money because they feared he would spend it on drugs.

Bobbitt's attorneys say he has received closer to $75,000, including the cost of the camper and vehicle.

There could be a hearing as early as Wednesday, Fallon said.

Bobbitt's attorneys have taken steps to enter him into go into a 28-day residential detoxification program through a scholarship. Bobbitt went in for an interview on Monday, Fallon said.

"Even though part of the story is sad," Fallon said, "there may be some silver lining if he can beat the addiction."

the couple's lawyer, Ernest E. Badway,

Great name for a lawyer.

I'm guessing they never thought they would ever pull over $400K for this guy but when they did, they felt he would be easy to steal from. Drug habit and all, he seems much smarter than they gave him credit for being.

-fixed quote box

Last edited:
I hope they continue to get death threats, that they live in fear, that their lives are ruined and that they end up in prison. The money people donated was for a homeless man not for them. Greedy scum.

Ass holes should go to prison and everything they own should be given to Bobbitt.
Then when they get out of prison, they can be homeless and work their way up from there.

Sounds fair to me.

That money was at one time in an account. Nice simple paper trail on who spent the money on what. Unless there were a significant amount of funds withdrawn in cash. Then it will be the battle of the receipts, or lack their of.

I hope someone gets this guy clean before he gets his hands on his money. If he's an addict, he'll die or waste every cent.

Back