• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Dakota

FORUM BITCH / Beloved Cunt
Bold Member!
Toddler Mauled By 4 Dogs; Family Surprised

20120202-03.jpg
20120202-05.jpg

Lena Walker / one of the dogs
Monday afternoon, 18-month-old Chance Walker, Jr., was severely bitten when he crawled through a doggie door at his family's home and into the back yard where four Boxer dogs attacked him.

The accident happened in the about 4 p.m. behind the family's home in the 7800 block of Eastland Ave., near Lake Worth. That's in unincorporated Tarrant County, but the City of Fort Worth has custody of the animals.

A neighbor called 911 yesterday after hearing a woman scream. The toddler's parents were sleeping inside the home when the accident happened. According to their Facebook pages, they both work at Dunkin Donuts.

"When I got to the back yard, I saw the grandfather and he had the baby in his arms," said neighbor Linda Kucker. "His ear was bit almost completely off. It was hanging by a little piece of skin in the back."

Four generations of the Walker family live on the street, and emotions ran high in the aftermath of the tragic accident. At one point, the child's great-grandfather crossed the street where television crews were set up and threatened reporters and photographers.

Then the boy's grandmother flew into a rage when a neighbor made a remark about the accident, and allegedly assaulted the woman in front of deputies and FOX 4's camera.
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/Dogs-That-Mauled-Child-To-Be-Put-Down-013112

The neighbor made a remark about the incidents, Grisham said, and her words were not well received. The two women exchanged obscenities and Walker grasped the other woman's throat, authorities said.

Walker, 45, briefly resisted arrest but was eventually taken into custody on an assault charge, Grisham said.

The neighbor refused treatment at the scene but later called an ambulance and was taken to a hospital.
http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2012/01/tarrant-county-toddler-listed.html

Neighbors told authorities this wasn't the dogs' first attack and police have previously responded.

The Tarrant County Sheriff's department confirmed Tuesday that eight separate calls about dangerous dogs in the neighborhood were made in the last two years.
http://www.ktul.com/story/16650400/ft-worth-toddler-mauled-dogs-put-down

An 18-month-old boy attacked by four dogs at his grandparents' home as his parents slept will be placed in a foster home once he is released from the hospital, officials said Wednesday.

Custody of Chance Walker Jr. was transferred to Child Protective Services on Wednesday afternoon after a judge signed the order, CPS spokeswoman Marissa Gonzales said.

Chance was recovering at Cook Children’s Medical Center in Fort Worth after suffering numerous bite wounds to his ears and face during the Monday afternoon attack.

"When he's released, he'll go to a foster home, unless a suitable relative can be found," Gonzales said in an email.
[...]

Seven dogs were in the yard but four mixed-breed boxers were determined to have been involved in the attack and were euthanized, a city official said Tuesday night.

On Tuesday, the Tarrant County Sheriff’s Department released a recording of the 911 call made by neighbor Elaine Kucker.

As Chance screams nearby, Kucker shouts that the dogs had ripped holes in the boy's face.

"His ears are chewed up," Kucker tells the 911 dispatcher. "Please hurry."
[...]

Chance's parents were asleep, but the mother was awakened by the commotion and "got between the child and the dogs, saving the child from further injury," said Terry Grisham, a sheriff's spokesman.
[...]

The owner, who was not identified, voluntarily gave the dogs to the city, according to a news release.

Because the injuries are so serious and the victim so young, officials decided to euthanize the animals, the news release stated. Also, by law, any dog in a biting incident must be quarantined for at least 10 days to be watched for signs of rabies.

Animal control officials decided to "take the utmost precaution" and test the dogs for rabies immediately. That requires the animals to be dead.
http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/02/01/3704670/toddler-injured-in-dog-attack.html

The parents of an 18-month-old boy who was mauled by his grandparents' dogs this week routinely sleep through the day while the toddler goes unsupervised, according to an affidavit filed Wednesday by a Child Protective Services investigator.

Chance Wayne Walker, 25, and Patricia Walker, 23, have a history of methamphetamine use and knew that the dogs were aggressive but did not take adequate safety measures, according to the affidavit.

The state agency was granted temporary custody of Chance Walker Jr., who remains in Cook Children's Medical Center. He was bitten numerous times and will likely lose his left ear, a physician told the CPS investigator.
[...]

According to the investigator's report, Chance Walker is unemployed, and Patricia Walker has a job. The couple and their child usually live with Patricia Walker's mother, but about two weeks ago, an 18-year-old who also lives there developed scabies, and a doctor told them that the toddler should not stay there.

They moved into the elder Walkers' house in the 7800 block of Eastland Avenue in unincorporated Tarrant County near Lakeside. Other relatives live next door.

At the hospital Monday evening, Patricia Walker told a CPS investigator that she and her husband were asleep that afternoon when she was awakened by "aggressive barking," went to the back door and saw four dogs on top of her son. She pulled the dogs off her son.

She said that her son must have climbed out of the playpen where she left him, climbed over a gate blocking access to the back door and then crawled through a pet door to go outside, which he had done in the past, the affidavit stated.

The father gave essentially the same account to the CPS investigator but ended the conversation, saying he and his wife had not eaten all day.

Both were questioned about drug use. Patricia Walker said she hadn't used meth since March, but a drug test administered Monday evening showed the presence of methamphetamine and amphetamines, according to the affidavit. Her husband, who stated he had smoked meth off and on since he was 12, refused to submit to a drug test.

A nurse told the CPS investigator that the couple left for lunch Tuesday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and that no one stayed with the child. The nurse also noted that they were not changing his diapers while in the room.

In 2010, CPS investigated Chance and Patricia Walker starting in September. Both tested positive for methamphetamine and there was "reason to believe" that the parents and his mother, Lena Walker, 45, physically abused the infant. They voluntarily placed Chance Jr. with Patricia Walker's mother and completed outpatient drug treatment. However, they twice tested positive for meth use later, the affidavit states.

"CPS worked with the parents for several months to ensure that the domestic violence and substance abuse allegations were addressed," Gonzales said.

That case was closed in June 2011, Gonzales said.
[...]

According to the affidavit, a Tarrant County sheriff's deputy told the CPS official that the department had had several reports of dangerous dogs at the home, including a complaint that a neighbor child was bitten in September 2010. The dog was quarantined for the required time and returned.

"He states that the Walkers felt it was the child's fault because they should know not to run from dogs," the affidavit states.

An older relative who lives next door to the Walkers showed the investigator a "large pen area with an approximate 8 foot fence surrounding it and advised this is Chance's area where he is able to play in the mud." In her findings, the investigator noted that the penned area indicates that the family realizes Chance needed a place to play that the dogs could not get to.

A Tarrant County sheriff's deputy noted that when Lena Walker arrived home and was told that her grandson had been mauled, her first response was to ask why her dogs were being taken away, the affidavit stated.
http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/02/01/3705462/toddler-mauled-by-dogs-was-ignored.html

911 call: The neighbor sounds more upset than the baby's family seems to be http://cbsdallas.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/7820-eastland-ave-tarrant-county.wav

20120202-02.jpg

Patricia Walker (2): https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001202859566&sk=wall
and https://www.facebook.com/tweetybug07?sk=wall

Chance Walker: https://www.facebook.com/chanceneace519?sk=wall
20120202-06.jpg

Lena Walker: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000151819156&sk=wall
20120202-07.jpg

20120202-04.jpg

Maybe this is the pot calling the kettle black, since I have two little dogs and five cats, but seven dogs, at least four of whom are large, seems like too many in this case. You a) have a small child, b) know at least some of your dogs are aggressive, and c) both work at Dunkin' Donuts, maybe you don't need ALL the dogs. And I say this as a chronic animal-rescuer, but there is a line between rescuing and hoarding. I think the line is when you can't protect the animals and humans from each other.

This so makes me think of my own neighbors. They have five boxers and like 3 other mutts. The one boxer has jumped the fence and came after both of my daughters. One of her boxers hates us so much every time he is let loose in her fenced in yard he hops the fence and comes to bark at my back door. I live in fear daily that this dog will attack one of my kids or even somebody just walking up to my door. I have called animal control and the cops with little results. I guess it takes somebody almost being killed to get results :/

As far as these losers go they should just give the baby to a loving home. They didn't even bother changing his diapers in the hospital and you know when they went to a three hour lunch they were out using. These people are worthless excuses for parents! I hope this little boy is never returned to this family they have already proved drugs and dogs are more important than the kid.

This is a way better picture of mom :crazy:

31411_133053460038865_100000026356424_362995_6486918_n.jpg

I do hope the little guy doesn't end up losing his ear. And seriously, he should not be given back to these people. They obviously have no common sense between them to raise a child.

There are some points of contention, aren't there?

1) Both parents work at Dunkin Donuts vs Patricia works there and Chance is unemployed.
2) The Walker dogs were a neighborhood nuisance and were reported repeatedly in the last two years vs it was the neighbor's dogs who were a nuisance and reported by Lena Walker.
3) The baby ought to know not to run from dogs, and they loved and protected him, vs the baby had a safe place to play, was usually blocked from access to the yard, etc. (All implying that he was being protected from the dogs.)

Did you get a look at that wedding photo? Is Patricia Walker's right eye odd or is it just the angle?

That last article was very informative. I give the reporter a lot of credit. No doubt, when the tard defenders get here, it will be the one that is full of inaccuracies and salacious lies. The parents on meth, despite claiming they hadn't used for 10 months. The parents sleeping all day. Okay maybe mom works the very early shift at the donut shop, but really, both of them all day? The other grandma's house causing scabies and unhealthy environment, so this grandma's house the next resort? Yet this house was where the prior abuse occurred? Now at the hospital no one can stay with the boy while the others eat? No one can take care of him (why? because the nurses should?). Winners.

I'd say the all around conclusion I'm reaching is that this family is incompetent to raise a child safely, healthily, and morally.

Both those pictures of the mom look like she's got a wonky right eye. Suppose she was mauled by dogs in her youth, too? Is it a family tradition?

Both were questioned about drug use. Patricia Walker said she hadn't used meth since March, but a drug test administered Monday evening showed the presence of methamphetamine and amphetamines, according to the affidavit. Her husband, who stated he had smoked meth off and on since he was 12, refused to submit to a drug test.

I thought meth made you skinny and scabby . Maybe these are old pictures ?

I thought meth made you skinny and scabby . Maybe these are old pictures ?

Meth only makes you skinny if you use it non stop for a long period of time and don't eat. I've known people who still eat while on it and they only used it a few times a month, so it didn't cause weight loss.

Fort Worth, TX - Here’s a dog mauling story that has more white trash in it than my ex-wife’s family. Earlier this week, an 18-month-old boy crawled through a doggy door while his parents slept and was attacked by four mixed-breed boxers. By time Chance Walker Jr.’s mother was woken up from the commotion and stepped between her son and the dogs, Chance had already suffered some serious trauma to his face. Police released a 911 call made by a neighbor where you can hear Chance screaming in the background. One neighbor described seeing Chase in his grandfather’s arms with one ear almost completely off, hanging by a piece of skin. The boy was rushed to the hospital to treat the numerous bite marks to his face and hopefully save his left ear. Once it is time for Chance to go home, it won’t be to his parents. A judge has decided that unless a suitable relative is found, he will be placed in a foster home. It’s probably for the best. Turns out his parents, Patricia Walker*and Chance Walker, are known meth users who often left Chase to play*unsupervised*and knew the dogs were aggressive. In fact, after the mauling, Patricia was administered a drug test and tested positive for methamphetamine and amphetamines, while Chance simply refused to take a drug test. A nurse at the hospital where Chance Jr. is being treated told a CPS investigator that on Tuesday, *the boy’s parents would not change his diaper and left him alone in the room for hours. No surprise that CPS has been involved with this family before. Chance and Patricia were investigated back in 2010 when they both tested positive for methamphetamine. Because CPS also felt that Chance Jr. was being physically abused by family members,*Chance Jr. was placed with Patricia’s mother so the couple could get some outpatient drug treatment. They did, but would again test positive for meth. Twice. The remaining family members aren’t much better it seems. The boy’s grandmother, 45-year-old*Lena Walker, was charged with assault after attacking a neighbor in front of deputies and FOX 4′s news crew. She wasn’t happy with the neighbor’s remarks about the entire situation. Tarrant County sheriff’s deputy said the department has dealt with several reports of dangerous dogs at the Walker home, including another child in the neighborhood that was bitten in 2010. The Walkers did not feel likeKeep Reading...
This article is from The Dreamin' Demon, the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

More...

My son chance jr. is in the hospital from my moms dogs mauled him they tore his left ear off and ripped chunks out of his cheek..... But he went through surgery and they saved his ear and his face...he has over 400 stitches but he's recovering..... And now cps shows up and askin questions... We need thoughts and prayers please
Oh, gawd, they need more than thoughts and prayers, a body, face, attitude do-over and some working brain cells.

My thoughts are this was bound to happen being the "parents" were sleeping, drugging it up and leaving baby to his own device. Sometimes the better good is shadowed but it has come to light, as the fact is now it is known what pathetic parents, family they are things will improve for baby in all aspects of his life.

He's being put in foster care. Not a one was capable of raising him, so for that I am glad he's removed, as hard as the change will be for baby he'll get over being mauled almost death! Assholes, being so self absorbed that baby would be an after thought instead of front and center.
I was SO relieved the title didn't indicate baby was killed, SO relieved. . . I'm thankful for that.

I'll pray that Chance gets a better chance at a happy life and heals completely.

Last edited:
"When he's released, he'll go to a foster home, unless a suitable relative can be found," Gonzales said in an email.

So he'll be going to a foster home, then.

Baby Chance is 18mths old, so was born July 2010? CPS got involved when he was just 2mths old because of the parents drug use and possible physical abuse against him from the parents and granny. Parents get treatment for drug abuse, but start taking it again. CPS 'work with them', and case is closed in June '11, just 9 short months after they got involved.

And now, 7mths later, baby Chance has been mauled by his abusive granny's vicious dogs, while his loser parents sleep off their meth.

Can ANYONE explain to me why CPS left the poor baby with that family? They knew the parents had slipped back into drug abuse before, so are they really so stupid that they believed they would stay clean this time? They didn't bother to randomly check on them?

CPS should have been keeping a VERY close watch on this family, and if they had, they would have known that they had moved back in with Lena Walker, who was suspected of abusing him when he was a tiny baby. And they would have known about the unsafe environment.

DON'T GIVE THE BABY BACK TO THEM AGAIN, PLEASE. They are not fit to raise cockroaches, never mind children.

Parents of Mauled North Texas Toddler Arrested
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — [...]
Twenty-six-year-old Chance Walker Sr. and 23-year-old Patricia Walker were being held in the Tarrant County Jail on injury to a child charges. Their bond is set at $100,000 each. Online jail records do not show that they have an attorney.

Tarrant County Sheriff's spokesman Terry Grisham says the Walkers were taken into custody Thursday.

An arrest warrant says the Jan. 30 attack severely disfigured the boy's face and that his parents, who were sleeping, knew the child could get out of his playpen and that the dogs were aggressive and had harmed people in the past.
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/texas/120209-TXToddlerDogs-Attack_61181748?obref=obinsite

Custody hearing for tot attacked by dogs in Fort Worth

x0tudj.jpg
Patricia Walker and 23-year-old Chance Walker Sr,​
FORT WORTH - The future of an 18-month-old White Settlement boy mauled by the family's dogs will be the topic of a court hearing in Fort Worth today.

After the attack, 18-month-old Chance Walker Jr. had to have one ear reattached and doctors say he still needs more treatment. For now, he remains in foster care.

His parents are 25-year-old Chance Walker Sr. and 23-year-old Patricia Walker, who both face charges of injury to a child. Each are being held on a $100,000 bond for the felony charge of injury to a child, a second-degree charge.

The sheriff's affidavit reported the Walkers were sound asleep on the afternoon their son escaped through the pet door of the family home, wandering over to his grandparents' home next door, where there were seven dogs in the backyard. Authorities said four of the dogs, known to be aggressive, attacked the child, nearly ripping off an ear and causing injuries that required hundreds of stitches
[...]
http://www.wfaa.com/news/Custody-hearing-for-tot-attacked-by-dogs-in-Fort-Worth-139085344.html

Apr 20, 2012
The parents of an 18-month-old toddler mauled by dogs in the backyard of the child's grandparents were sentenced to 10 years probation.

Chance and Patricia Walker got probation with deferred adjudication for their guilty pleas to injury to a child, meaning the conviction won't go on their record if they satisfy the terms of their probation. They were also sentenced to 120 days in jail as part of a plea agreement.

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports terms also include parenting classes and an alcohol and drug assessment program.

Chance Walker Jr. was 18 months old when he slipped through a pet door into the backyard when he was attacked in January in an unincorporated part of Tarrant County. Affidavits said Patricia Walker tested positive for methamphetamine, and Chance Walker Sr. declined to take a drug test.

The four dogs involved in the attack were euthanized.

The child is in foster care.

I truly hope that the parents were encouraged to surrender their parental rights and that this child was able to find a loving family that put his needs before their drug use and dogs.

For the sake of the community and the dogs as well I am glad that they were euthanized.

Im sure they got the kid back. If they completed those classes and tested negative for drugs, and then cleaned up/dog safed the home enough to pass a home study, they would have gotten em back.

CPS's threshold for declaring parents fit and handing children back over to em is outrageously, absurdly minimal and easy.

Latest posts

Back