• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
An Oregon mother chased after her daughter when the young girl ran back inside their burning motor home to save a litter of puppies from a fire.

Honey Cosgrove, 37, and Nevaeh Applegate, 8, never made it back to safety.

Cosgrove had put her five children to sleep on Tuesday when a fire broke out a short time later, according to Yamhill County authorities.

She and her husband reportedly tried to put out the blaze with a fire extinguisher to no avail. Their children ran outside the home, and Cosgrove called 911.

At one point, her 8-year-old daughter went back inside.

"There were 11 brand new puppies in that RV," said Cosgrove's mother, Patty Krull. "Nevaeh went to get the puppies.

Cosgrove chased after her young daughter in a failed bid to rescue her.

“The gasses in the RV ignited and it was over just like that,” Krull said. “I’m proud of my daughter she gave her life for her children.”

Krull said the two were loving and caring people who were always smiling.

“Her whole face would just shine and she meant the world to me,” Krull said. “Nevaeh wanted to save some puppies, could I tell you anything else about a big heart in a little girl.”
http://www.kptv.com/story/36857862/family-remembers-woman-daughter-killed-in-yamhill-county-rv-fire
15427170_G.jpg

Tragic the girl lost her life attempting to save her puppies :(

But there are a couple of distractors to this story:
1. The names Honey and Nevaeh, who names their daughter honey without setting her up for a life time of stripper jokes. Then the name Nevaeh... there was this Meth addict I grew up around who named her daughter this... she use to say her name is Nevaeh, it's Heaven backwards like it was the wittiest thing ever. After hearing her say that a couple hundred times I decided I would never like that name.
2. 11 Puppies in an RV already occupied by 5 children and two adults. I don't even want to imagine how this motor home smelled. I could be wrong it could be the most immaculate motor home on earth inside but I have a sneaking suspicion that it wasn't

Tragic the girl lost her life attempting to save her puppies :(

But there are a couple of distractors to this story:
1. The names Honey and Nevaeh, who names their daughter honey without setting her up for a life time of stripper jokes. Then the name Nevaeh... there was this Meth addict I grew up around who named her daughter this... she use to say her name is Nevaeh, it's Heaven backwards like it was the wittiest thing ever. After hearing her say that a couple hundred times I decided I would never like that name.
2. 11 Puppies in an RV already occupied by 5 children and two adults. I don't even want to imagine how this motor home smelled. I could be wrong it could be the most immaculate motor home on earth inside but I have a sneaking suspicion that it wasn't
I have a cousin named Honey and a grand-niece name Nevaeh. Honey is awesome, Nevaeh is cursed with a whore of a mom (my niece) who has pumped out 6 kids by 4 different guys. That girl is never going to make it in life.

And I agree fully with the RV part. Nasty.

Even a wood frame house will burn to the ground in a very short time. I can't imagine how fast a trailer would burn up. We all need to make sure we have a emergency exit plan and that our children understand it.

We all need to make sure we have a emergency exit plan and that our children understand it.
That wasn't the problem in this case. She ran back into it after safely exiting.
What would have helped is if the pitiful little girl understood that it is not worth it to burn to death over puppies.

That wasn't the problem in this case. She ran back into it after safely exiting.
What would have helped is if the pitiful little girl understood that it is not worth it to burn to death over puppies.

Yes, that would be and should be part of the exiting safely in an emergency talk.

I hate the backwards Heaven name garbage.
Moving on...

Too many critters and humans in that living space.
Dad has a great opportunity now to capitalize on it with some crowd funding.
Some judicious spaying and neutering would have gone along way to improve all their lives
for people and pets

Yes, I am a bitter curmudgeon.

I
I hate the backwards Heaven name garbage.
Moving on...

Too many critters and humans in that living space.
Dad has a great opportunity now to capitalize on it with some crowd funding.
Some judicious spaying and neutering would have gone along way to improve all their lives
for people and pets

Yes, I am a bitter curmudgeon.

I agree!

Back