• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A woman who bought a homeless man lunch at McDonald's on Tuesday only to have him steal her purse hopes he gets the help he needs.

Shawn Mattingly is behind bars at Metro Corrections for the crime, and the woman, who didn't want to be identified, said she had a bad feeling when she left her purse at the table. When she came back, it was gone.

"God wanted him locked up for some reason," the woman said. "He was going to do something even worse to someone else."

On Tuesday, she said Mattingly approached her at a McDonald's in Buechel asking for money. She said she told him, she'd buy him food instead.

"I told him to order what he wanted, and he ordered a hamburger and fries," the woman said.

After she paid, he thanked her for the food and sat down and ate.

"Normally, I take my purse with me wherever I go," she said. "But this time, I didn't."

The woman said after they got the food, she helped her special needs daughter in the bathroom and left her purse with her 85-year-old mother who was at the table. Police said Mattingly then took her purse and ran. She chased after him, and police caught Mattingly on a street nearby about 30 minutes later.

"He just opened my wallet and took all the bills that were in it," the woman said, adding that it amounted to about $50. "He left the change in it, just took the bills."

Police said Mattingly admitted to taking the woman's purse and said he planned to sell her phone to get drug money. Officers said they found a heroin syringe in his backpack.

"I would hope that he would get help, whatever physically, mentally, whatever," the woman said.
http://www.wdrb.com/story/36863391/...-her-purse-stolen-said-she-hopes-he-gets-help
15431924_G.jpg

Would you leave him alone with your 85-Year-Old Mother?

"God wanted him locked up for some reason,"
If "God" wanted something for him, he should have wanted made him not be a tweeker in the first place.

I understand the old women's compassion, but when you take stray dogs in you're going to get bit occasionally.

Last edited:
Regardless, it was foul for her to leave that shit on the table. In a perfect world, yes, you should be able to leave your shit anywhere and it still be safe when you return, but that isn't the world we're living in. Why tempt someone by leaving it? She could've left him alone and he would've gone about his day, but now he's in jail and she's feeling all self-righteous.

Regardless, it was foul for her to leave that shit on the table. In a perfect world, yes, you should be able to leave your shit anywhere and it still be safe when you return, but that isn't the world we're living in. Why tempt someone by leaving it? She could've left him alone and he would've gone about his day, but now he's in jail and she's feeling all self-righteous.

Yes, don't put temptation in the way of people who have already proven they don't resist temptation very well. It is asking to be disappointed.

Back