• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

chupamela

36eb3632971a1502b41748e7c7ef9bd4--funny-cats-funny-animals.jpg

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – Police are searching for the two men who robbed a downtown animal clinic at gunpoint, taking off with cash and threatening customers.

“It was a very brazen attempt,” said FACE Low-Cost Animal Clinic interim executive director Jen Hancock.

Two masked men armed stormed into the clinic and told the employees to clean out the register before taking off with the cash.

They were in and out in five minutes. Employees say one man pointed a handgun at the woman at the front desk while the other made sure no customers called 911.

“They told people not to move, not to take out cameras, do not take our cell phone,” said Hancock.

The incident occurred at 5:45 p.m. on a Wednesday when the non-profit clinic was packed.

“At the time we had 20 staff and volunteers here and 40 clients waiting to be reunited with their pets after surgery,” said Hancock.

Some veterinarians were in the middle of performing surgery when they heard the men demanding cash.

“They scooped up those cats in their arms and they hid in a bathroom,” said Hancock.
The clinic has increased security and is working to raise funds to replace the money stolen.

“Everyone is safe and no animals were injured and that is the best outcome that we could hope for,” said Hancock.

http://fox59.com/2017/11/16/two-suspects-sought-after-downtown-animal-clinic-robbed-at-gunpoint/

I'm a huge supporter of supporting your local dog/animal pounds, not to say people who buy or adopt their pets through the Humane Society are crappy, I just prefer it because they aren't a no kill shelter. That being said, our (in Indy) FACE clinics takes care of all animals in animal control for almost no money so people can adopt pets that are healthy, vaccinated, and spay/neutered for $30-$40 making this an ever shittier crime. I put a link below incase you want to check out how awesome this clinic is. They also do the Trap Neuter and Returns for feral cats for free......

http://facespayneuter.org/

just scum agree with the title would have been a point in time where i woulda liked to have had a presa canario behind the high counter

What a couple of douche bags, how much money do they think an animal shelter is going to have on hand anyway?

@chupamela first: awesome photo choice, I snorted!

Second: I was intrigued by your assessment of the Humane Society. Please don't take this as me arguing, I'm just honestly interested in the difference in our experiences.

In my area, the local pound is extremely depressing. Tight, prison-like quarters for the animals and very high kill from what I can gather.

The Humane Society has much nicer accommodations and seems to try harder to place animals with good homes, although they also euthanize animals and take owner surrenders, etc.

I will say that they were very kind when I had to euthanize my dog, and it wasn't as terrible an experience as it could have been. They took care with her remains as well, and were very sweet to me despite the fact that I was a blubbery sobbing train wreck both taking her in and picking up her ashes.

I kind of assumed that it would be the same everywhere... but it sounds like in other places it's the opposite and the local pound is the better choice.

I'm not sure making dogs and cats super cheap to adopt is a good thing. Takes a decent amount of money to properly care for a pet.

Not a popular sentiment I'm sure but that's how I feel.

X2 on great picture choice, lol.

Back