• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Macabre

Trusted Member
Bold Member!
A 14-year-old boy died Wednesday after he was severely beaten over bad grades by his parents, officials said.

The boy’s parents, Furnell and Terri Daniel, were rebooked on a count of second-degree murder in the death. The two were initially booked on charges of second-degree cruelty to a juvenile.

Officers were called to the scene Saturday on Clifford Court in Waggaman on a call that a boy, identified as Jalen Daniel, fell in the bathtub and hit his head. The boy’s father, Furnell Daniel, was identified as the caller. The boy was breathing but not conscious when medical personnel arrived at the scene, according to a news release from the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office.

Jalen was taken to the Ochsner Main Campus Hospital on Jefferson Highway, where Furnell Daniel told investigators that he paddled the boy for having poor grades. He told authorities that he thought the boy complaining of serious pain was a ruse to avoid discipline.

“After speaking to the father, patrol officers were told by ER staff of the severity of the injuries and that the injuries were consistent with abuse, not a fall,” Col. John Fortunato, with the JPSO, said. Fortunato said the boy’s injuries consisted of numerous bruises, contusions, lacerations and abrasions on the legs, arms, torso and also to the head.

It was later discovered that there was a splinter of wood inside a wound above the victim's right eye, officials said.

Investigators learned that the victim, along with his 15-year-old brother, “would often get paddled by their father due to poor grades.”

“The victim was extremely scared of his father and ran when the father attempted to administer this discipline,” the news release said. “During the incident, Furnell Daniel struck the victim repeatedly with the ‘paddle,’ causing him to fall numerous (times); all the while, being continuously struck with the ‘paddle.’”

The victim’s stepmother, Terri Daniels, was at work at the time of the incident, officials said.

When she learned that Jalen was complaining of headaches and other injuries, she and Furnell Daniel went to a store to buy headache medicine and Epson salts to bath the victim, according to the release.

Jalen collapsed while he was bathing and could not stand under his own power, JPSO said.

“Furnell and Terri Daniel removed the victim from the tub and put him in his bed, ignoring the obvious need for medical attention,” the release said.

The following morning, the victim began “profusely sweating, vomiting and urinated on himself.” Authorities said the parents moved Jalen to the sofa in the living room.

Jalen’s condition worsened, according to the release.

“Around 9 a.m., the victim's condition again deteriorated and he began speaking incoherently, breathing fast and heavy,” JPSO said. “Furnell Daniel called Terri Daniel, who had gone to work around 8 a.m. He advised her what was occurring and then called 911 after the victim became unresponsive.”

http://m.wdsu.com/news/jpso-teen-di...WDSU News&utm_medium=FBPAGE&utm_source=Social

All over some bad grades. Like whooping the kid is going to make that all better and his grades are going to fly sky high. Unfortunately...Jalen is flying high now. RIP Jalen. You deserved so much better than the hand u were dealt.

Right, if beating would get good grades why in hell would he have bad grades again?

Splinter of wood in the boy's face above his eye, he hit him in the face with the paddle or bat or stick of wood, probably when he fell down and he kept whaling on him, no even caring where he was hitting, just blind slamming. Poor kid, I hope if there's any more kids they get them completely out of that family.

Furnell Daniel told investigators that he paddled the boy for having poor grades.

Fortunato said the boy’s injuries consisted of numerous bruises, contusions, lacerations and abrasions on the legs, arms, torso and also to the head.

It was later discovered that there was a splinter of wood inside a wound above the victim's right eye, officials said. . .During the incident, Furnell Daniel struck the victim repeatedly with the ‘paddle,’ causing him to fall numerous (times); all the while, being continuously struck with the ‘paddle. . .Jalen collapsed while he was bathing and could not stand under his own power, JPSO said.

"Paddling" a 14 y.o. I have to question even if they didn't beat him like an ugly rug. It's no wonder people get so vehement over spanking kids in this country when it comes to cruelty like this. I'm thrilled they're looking at 2nd degree, but I have a sinking feeling they're going to end up pleading them down to Manslaughter.

I don't know for sure they're going to be able to convince a jury of causation even with the "if he hadn't have been beaten so severely, he wouldn't have collapsed ("fallen"?) in the tub. I can hear it now, "When bath/shower water is too hot it can cause dizziness and nausea from blood pressure issues (vasodilation) and people fall out in the bathtub all the time, and blah, blah, blah..." I hope the DA's office sinks their teeth into this one and does this kid justice. Sometimes I wish Nancy Grace's salty, judgemental, junkyard dog ass would rent herself out as contract-for-hire Special Prosecutor.

Yeah because beating your kids is gou g to make them perform better in school. My mom did that. I was so scared to bring home my schoolwork and report cards. I would throw them out in the dumpster behind tge school. Got my ass beat for that too :shrug:. Turns out my grades improved when my third grade teacher realized I couldn't see.

Furnell and Terri Daniel

They don't sound Asian...And concerned about their child's grades. Except for the beat to death part these parents should get a medal. Not saying its right...just saying that some parents would have marched right into the school and screamed at teacher, cause all their fault.

I don't like these people.
My son is the light of my life and I could not imagine a rage so deep that I would beat him to death for anything.
I doubt they ever took the time to do homework with him.
I blame myself more than my kid when he doesn't have his homework done at the end of the week. If he was failing his classes I'd do everything within my power to help him succeed. Beating him to death is not one of those things.

Yeah, this story brings back bad memories. I learned to forge my mom's signature in 4th grade because I didn't want to get the 10 belt whoopings per every bad paper. The time I got 80 (!!!) forced me to resort to other measures.
Even by the time I was in high school..& this is crazy, I know...but a friend of mine & I stole blank report cards, filling them out when need be. (I can't recall if we sold some to other kids, too but I'm thinking we did.) Anyway, you know you're getting beaten/grounded just for the fun of it, when even your fake report card still results in the same consequence. :penguin: It took me a while but I'm no longer raging :mad: until I see a story like this.

Stepmom and idiotic dad both get an F in parenting skills. I swear these sadistic bastards just like to have an excuse to beat their children.

Here's an idea. Why don't you sit down and teach/learn with them? Dummies. You know, its called PARENTING! Repeated blows to the head kind of sounds counter productive to me. Idiots.

Last edited:
Damn, everything I was gonna write...has already been written. I'm late to the party.

Hopefully, these two globular fucks will get plenty of edjamacation while incarcerated...and hopefully, they'll get so smart it'll kill 'em.

In the hours after 14-year-old Jalen Daniel received what authorities say turned out to be a deadly paddling at the hands of his father for bad grades, his brother, Furnell Daniel Jr., then 15, worried that he might be jailed because of what he thought had been a criminal beating.

"I thought I was going to jail for accessory after the fact because I knew about it, and I didn't say anything about it," Furnell Daniel Jr. testified, referring to the 20 agonizing hours that his brother spent suffering from skull fractures, broken wrists, a fractured knee cap and a hemorrhaging pancreas before their father, Furnell Daniel Sr., 45, called 911 for help.

Furnell Daniel Jr. took the witness stand Friday (Nov. 16) in his father and namesake's second-degree murder trial in a Jefferson Parish courtroom to describe the punishment that both he and Jalen received on Feb. 5, 2016.

Jalen died on Feb. 8, 2016, two days after he was hospitalized. An autopsy determined he died from bleeding on the brain due to blows to his skull.

On the day of the paddling, Furnell Daniel Jr., 16, testified that his father was upset that both he and Jalen received Fs in classes at school. When the boys arrived home, he told them, "Turn around, you're getting a lick," Furnell Daniel Jr. testified.

Furnell Daniel Sr. retrieved "the paddle," a roughly 4-foot long, 3- to 4-inch flat board. The boys took places, bending over the living room couch while holding the back cushions, according to Furnell Daniel Jr.

The younger Furnell took the first five of what was to be a total of 15 licks. But Jalen didn't stand still to receive his, his brother testified.

"He got one lick, and he just kept getting up," Furnell Daniel Jr. said of Jalen, who was moving and trying to block the blows with his hands.

Furnell Daniel Sr. told Jalen that for every move, an additional blow would be added.

"I was telling Jalen, 'Just take your licks,'" Furnell Daniel Jr. said.

At some point, Jalen began to complain of pain and asked his father to stop. Furnell Daniel Jr. got his next round of "licks." But when Jalen's turn came, the teen didn't want to continue.

"Jalen didn't want to get up. He said, 'I'm hurt. I'm hurt,'" Furnell Daniel Jr. testified. "That's when (Furnell Daniel Sr.) came over and started hitting him, and Jalen tried to run, that's when all the commotion started."

As Jalen scrambled to get away from his father, running around the couch, Furnell Daniel Sr. chased the teen and began hitting him, prosecutors have said.

"(Jalen) was saying, 'I'm sorry. I'm sorry,' and Jalen still wouldn't turn over," Furnell Daniel Jr. said.

Furnell Daniel Sr. repeatedly told Jalen to "let go of the stick," Furnell Daniel Jr. said. The teen tried to get between his father and brother to calm things.

"I tried to tell my pop, 'Chill, I think he's had enough,'" Furnell Daniel Jr. testified. "He told me 'Get off me.'"

At some point, Jalen fell on the floor in front of his father's bed in the master bedroom. He asked for help getting up, but Furnell Daniel Jr. said his father forbid him from helping his brother.

"My father told me to leave him alone. He could get up on his own," Furnell Daniel Jr. said.

When Jalen finally did pick himself up off the floor, Furnell Daniel Jr. noticed that he wasn't walking normally. "As he was walking, one of his knees was moving funny," the teen testified.

Furnell Daniel Jr. said he noticed scrapes on his brother's body, as well as swelling on his wrists and a wound above his eye -- an injury from which authorities earlier testified they removed a sliver of wood.

Furnell Daniel Sr. and Jr. put ice on the teen's injuries and eventually put him in the tub. A few minutes later, Furnell Daniel Jr. described hearing a thump from the bathroom. He and his father went in and found Jalen on the ground.

The two helped Jalen into the tub. Furnell Daniel Sr. later helped his son out of the tub before leaving to pick up his wife, the teens' stepmother, Terri Daniel. The couple returned with medicine and a heating pad, Furnell Daniel Jr. testified.

Jalen didn't eat dinner before heading to the bedroom that he shared with Furnell Daniel Jr. The two teens slept in the same bed. Jalen woke around 4 or 5 p.m. complaining of feeling hot. He asked his brother to get their father.

When the two returned to the bedroom, they realized Jalen had vomited and urinated on himself. Terri Daniel came into the room and suggested getting Jalen medical attention, according to Furnell Daniel Jr. The couple debated for a bit, but Terri Daniel went back to her room and no one called authorities, according to Furnell Daniel Jr

Furnell Daniel Sr. took Jalen to the living room couch, and Furnell Daniel Jr. went back to sleep. When he woke at 9 a.m., Jalen was still on the couch.

"He was just saying, 'My head hurts,'" Furnell Daniel Jr. said. "And every time he moved, he kept holding his head."

Furnell Daniel Sr. prayed with his sons that they'd improve their grades and Jalen's pain would go away, Furnell Daniel Jr. said. Sometime just before noon, Furnell Daniel Jr. noticed his brother was not responding to them.

"When I lifted his arm up, he wasn't responding." Furnell Daniel Jr. said.

Just before calling 911, Furnell Daniel Sr. said, "I guess I got to take this lick. I got to take this lick," his son testified.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/11/teen_testifies_about_brothers.html

jalen_daniel.jpg

furnell_daniels.jpg

The magic healing bathtub fails again.
[doublepost=1511052672,1511052532][/doublepost]
Furnell Daniel Sr., the Waggaman man accused of fatally beating his 14-year-old son for making poor grades in school, was convicted of manslaughter early Saturday (Nov. 18) after a jury deliberated for about six hours. He faces a prison sentence of as long as 40 years, less than the life term that was mandatory had he been convicted as charged of second-degree murder.

Daniel, 45, took the witness stand Friday, admitting he was wrong to use a wooden board from a baby crib to beat his son, Jalen Daniel. The boy suffered skull fractures, a broken wrist, a fractured knee cap and bruising all over his body. Daniel told the court he should have sought help for his son sooner.

"My son's gone. My son's gone. I ain't worried about no sympathy. I've got to face this every day of my life. I've got to still live with it," Daniel said, crying in 24th Judicial District Court in Gretna. "It's my fault."

Sentencing is scheduled Nov. 27.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/11/father_beat_son_manslaughter_w.html

"My son's gone. My son's gone. I ain't worried about no sympathy. I've got to face this every day of my life. I've got to still live with it,"

At least this piece of shit knows he deserves no sympathy. He sure the hell didn't show his son any while he beat him with a 4 foot wooden board from a crib. His son didn't stand up like a man after taking his lick so he continued to beat the shit out of him..... rot in hell you miserable bastard.

Furnell Daniel Jr., then 15, worried that he might be jailed because of what he thought had been a criminal beating.

"I thought I was going to jail for accessory after the fact because I knew about it, and I didn't say anything about it,"

Poor kid. What do you want to bet Daddy dearest told him that to shut him up?

One of the worst beatings of my childhood was because I received an A- in PE on my midterm report card. I was expected to get perfect grades, always, and an A- wasn't perfect. I told her that it would be an A at the semester, which was the permanent record, but she didn't care. She beat me, threatened to kill me, and told me what a horrible, worthless, embarrassment I was because now she would not be able to show off yet another perfect report card to her friends. I was in 7th grade.

One of the worst beatings of my childhood was because I received an A- in PE on my midterm report card. I was expected to get perfect grades, always, and an A- wasn't perfect. I told her that it would be an A at the semester, which was the permanent record, but she didn't care. She beat me, threatened to kill me, and told me what a horrible, worthless, embarrassment I was because now she would not be able to show off yet another perfect report card to her friends. I was in 7th grade.
I'm so sorry you went through that.Some people shouldn't have kids.
[doublepost=1511297789,1511297672][/doublepost]I feel so bad for the brother.No kid should have to carry guilt like that for a crime he didn't even do. Broke my heart reading that they made him help with his dying brother and wouldn't let him get outside help.

Latest posts

Back