• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Middletown man was convicted by an Orange County jury Thursday of second-degree murder and manslaughter in the 2016 death of his infant son.

Michael Heil, 27, of Middletown, had been accused by prosecutors of slamming, severely shaking or throwing the seven-week-old baby, Zachary Heil, on Aug. 7, 2016. The baby spent about two weeks on life support before succumbing to his injuries, authorities said.

Thursday’s verdict, which found Heil guilty of two counts of second-degree murder and one count each of first- and second-degree manslaughter, followed a three-week trial before County Judge Craig Stephen Brown in Orange County Court.

Prosecutors had argued that the evidence from nine medical experts established that the infant had suffered catastrophic head injuries while being cared for by Heil, and that evidence established that Heil had subjected Zachary to traumatic head injuries while the infant’s mother was at work.

Prosecutors also said they established, through electronic and social media evidence, Heil’s growing pattern of frustration over the baby’s inconsolable crying due to colic.

At the trial, Heil had argued that the boy’s mother had injured the baby.

Heil, who was arrested by the Middletown police on Sept. 13, 2016, faces up to 25 years to life in prison when he is sentenced on Nov. 16.

District Attorney David M. Hoovler highly praised Assistant District Attorney Jason Rosenwasser and Assistant District Attorney Janine Kovacs, who prosecuted the case.

“There can be no more innocent a victim than an infant, and no greater crime than a father killing his own baby,” said Hoovler. “The evidence in this case showed that

Zachary Heil had suffered brutal injuries, which could only have been inflicted by his own father. The jury rejected the defendant’s attempt to shift the blame to the baby’s grieving mother. In light of all of the circumstances, my office will be recommending that the maximum permissible sentence be imposed upon Michael Heil.”

1583295817333.png

http://www.dailyfreeman.com/general...onvicts-middletown-man-in-death-of-infant-son

Last edited:
Baby never had a chance....he was the one ultimately killed the lad but i think they BOTH had a hand in it.

Heil is facing murder and manslaughter charges for the death of Zachary Heil, who prosecutors say was killed by being violently shaken or slammed. Heil, however, denied these allegations and even said Amber Wells, Zachary's mother, had been rough with him and her other daughters before, the Record reported.
Heil said the week before Zachary stopped breathing, he found Wells sitting with Zachary in her lap crying while pulling her own hair and punching herself. He also said Wells threw Zachary at him from four or five feet away, the Record said.

http://northorange.dailyvoice.com/n...s-own-murder-trial-denies-abusing-son/721843/

An upstate New York man has been sentenced to 25 years to life in prison in the death of his 7-week-old son.

Michael Heil, of Middletown, says he didn't cause the injuries that killed his son, Zachary, but admits that he delayed getting medical help. He was convicted of murder and manslaughter.

The Times Herald-Record of Middletown reports that a judge cited Heil's continued denials on Thursday as part of the reason he handed down the harshest possible sentence.

Relatives testified that Zachary was behaving normally before he was left alone with Heil. According to medical testimony, the infant was grabbed by the torso and slammed, shaken or thrown. He died after being taken off life support following surgery for bleeding and swelling in his brain.
http://www.syracuse.com/state/index...ed_killing_infant_son.html#incart_river_index

Well that was quick work....i still think they both should have been charged...NOT because in her frustration she was

sitting with Zachary in her lap crying while pulling her own hair and punching herself

Hell ive ADMITTED on here to doing that when i was young and stupid (MY reasoning was because I was the STUPID one couldnt figure out what the baby needed so therefore I needed the good punch in the head NOT the BABY for fuck sake!!!)

but because of this
Wells threw Zachary at him from four or five feet away
there is truth in that and in this
Zachary's mother, had been rough with him and her other daughters before
, i just know there is.

Back