• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
What Is Sherin Mathews Cause Of Death? Missing Texas Toddler's Body Released

Although the autopsy was completed and the body released, Sherin’s cause and manner of death was still pending Sunday, according to KXAS-TV. Conflicting accounts from Sherin’s father about what led to her death further muddle the story.

http://www.ibtimes.com/what-sherin-mathews-cause-death-missing-texas-toddlers-body-released-2607675

Maybe they're holding the report until toxicology comes back? More likely though that they're holding it for strategic purposes, hoping to get a confession out of asshole dad.

Maybe they're holding the report until toxicology comes back? More likely though that they're holding it for strategic purposes, hoping to get a confession out of asshole dad.
That's my guess.
Toxicology takes weeks, but I bet this one is at the top.
I'm guessing a few more days.

Friday vigil for Sherin Mathews canceled 'due to tensions'

A vigil scheduled for Friday night to honor the life of 3-year-old girl Sherin Mathews, who was killed last month in Richardson, has been canceled.

Mayra Perez confirmed to WFAA Friday morning that the event was canceled "due to tensions in different groups and certain individuals."

Perez said the following message was sent to those who were attending:

"We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are all supposed to be here for Sherin mentally and physically and continue fighting to seek justice for Sherin. The last thing we need is people to start personal conflicts and bickering. A interfaith memorial service is tentatively being planned for Saturday November 18th. Please stay tuned for more information."

There is no reschedule date at this time, Perez said.

Sherin Mathews' body was found in a culvert Oct. 22 after she disappeared from her family's home on Oct. 7. Her adoptive father, Wesley Mathews, says she choked on milk and he removed her body from the home after she died. He was arrested for felony injury to a child.

Sherin Mathews had been adopted about a year earlier from India, where she was found abandoned by her birth parents. WFAA has a crew in India to find out more about Sherin's life.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/friday-vigil-for-sherin-mathews-canceled-due-to-tensions/488739444

Last edited:
That's awful that they can't set asshattery aside for a memorial. Sweet baby, let your wings carry you to heaven, you don't have to worry about the idiots left on earth anymore.

I've been on facebook pages for Sharin and the tenions are high with this one blaming that one for the 3 year olds death.

Many are of the opinion that the Dad took the blame for Mom as Mom had been observed popping Sherin in the face and smacking her arms and legs in the church. They also claim that she often had bruises on her little body.

Last I read, Suni was still not cooperating wit law enforcement.

Poor little one. To have made that long journey from her native home where she had been abandoned and ended up with a couple who it appears, abused her and in the end drowned her with a fucking glass of milk at 3AM in the fucking garage!!!!

Many are of the opinion that the Dad took the blame for Mom as Mom had been observed popping Sherin in the face and smacking her arms and legs in the church. They also claim that she often had bruises on her little body.

I could easily believe this considering mom was the primary caregiver and Sherin wasn't her 'real' daughter.

Maybe the goddamn churchgoers should have called CPS, ya think?

So sad.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/S...d-on-Child-Endangerment-Charge-458059503.html
Sini-Mathews-mug.jpg

Sini Mathews, the mother of 3-year-old Sherin Mathews whose body was found in a drainage culvert after being reported missing by her adoptive father Oct. 7, surrendered to Richardson police Thursday and was arrested on a charge of child endangerment/abandonment.

Both the police and Sini Mathews' attorney, Mitchell Nolte, confirmed the arrest.

Sini Mathews previously said she was sleeping when her daughter Sherin disappeared and was unaware of what took place between the child and her father, Wesley Mathews.
[....]
Sini Mathews was in court as recently as Monday asking for custody of her 4-year-old biological daughter to be returned.

The child has been in foster care since shortly after Sherin’s disappearance on Oct. 7. The child was expected to be placed in the care of family in the Houston area following Monday's hearing.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2017/11/16/mother-sherin-mathews-charged-child-endangerment

The truth is starting to come out! They left her home when they took the other little girl out to dinner, punishing Sherin for not drinking her milk.

The mother of a Richardson girl found dead last month in a culvert was arrested Thursday because police say she and her husband left the 3-year-old home alone the night before she was reported missing.

Sini Mathews and husband Wesley Mathews, who was arrested last month, went out with their biological daughter Oct. 6, leaving Sherin Mathews because she refused to drink her milk, police said.

The 35-year-old mother was arrested about 3 p.m. Thursday after her attorney took her to the Richardson police station.

Sini Mathews is being held in the Richardson jail on a charge of abandoning or endangering a child, a state jail felony. Bail has been set at $250,000.

"This all stems from this ongoing investigation with Sherin. It's sort of a culmination of everything we've got so far," police Sgt. Kevin Perlich said. "It was our decision that now was an appropriate time to make an arrest."

Detectives determined Wesley and Sini Mathews went to a restaurant in Garland with their 3-year-old biological daughter, leaving Sherin home alone, placing her in "imminent danger of death, bodily injury, or physical or mental impairment," according to the arrest warrant affidavit.

Cellphone records show both parents' phones were at the restaurant that evening. A receipt showed only one child's meal had been purchased, the affidavit stated. The waiter also confirmed that only one child was at the meal.

In an interview with detectives Oct. 23, Wesley Mathews said that he and his wife had left Sherin, whom the couple had adopted from India, alone while the rest of the family went to eat dinner.

He said he became impatient when Sherin refused to drink her milk and went to dinner without her, the affidavit stated.

Wesley Mathews told detectives that he asked his wife to go with him and Sherin's sister and Sini did so without being coerced, police documents state.

Police said they have not determined whether Sherin was alive when they returned home an hour and a half later. An affidavit said the girl was in the kitchen where they left her.

Police continue to investigate Sherin's death, and evidence is being evaluated. The Dallas County medical examiner has not yet ruled on the cause of death.

Sini Mathews, a nurse who works at Children's Medical Center Dallas, could face different or additional charges, Perlich said.

Her attorneys, Mitchell R. Nolte and Gregg Gibbs, said they learned Thursday morning that an arrest warrant had been issued.

"The police were professional and courteous and allowed us to bring Mrs. Mathews to the Police Department and surrender herself into custody," they said in a written statement.

There is more at the link but it's basically a recap of the crime.
[doublepost=1510948708,1510948470][/doublepost]http://www.hindustantimes.com/world...er-arrested/story-rlFXa1HdgHjopoepGZDXuK.html

Sherin’s death prompted external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj to ask the Indian Embassy in the US to be actively involved in the case and keep her informed. She also sought a probe into the adoption process of Sherin, who was adopted by the Indian-American couple last year from Bihar.

Following Sherin’s case, India decided that passports to adopted children will be issued only with clearance by the ministry of women and child development.

What is this family's fucking obsession with drinking milk?? Why was it SO critical that a toddler drink milk BEFORE going out to dinner? Did their bio kid also have to drink milk before she could go to dinner, or was it just Sherin?

It sounds like both parents were neglecting and abusing her. It appears they stopped loving her and just found her annoying, or were trying to find fault with her. Toddlers all over the world don't finish their milk every damn day. Just put it in the fucking fridge if you are that obsessed with not wasting milk.

Poor Sherin must have been so confused at their change in attitude and treatment. :(

Last edited:
I still think it's just the reason they're giving for leaving her, just a cover lie. Because not drinking the milk is still a ludicrous reason to anything to her.

And we still may not know the real reason, because they're still having to pick it out of them one detail at a time. The new stories will be more and more horrendous until the true one is finally told.

I am not totally discounting the milk explanation, despite the apparent absurdity of it. I wonder if it really came down to a battle of wills between Sherin and her "dad' (or even both parents). That he just absolutely could not tolerate a female, especially a tiny female, defying him.

I know a parent who fits this category. While he does not physically harm his child, or force milk down her throat, it absolutely infuriates him when she defies him, and he sometimes gives her unreasonable punishments (days in her room, etc) for standing up to him or failing to comply, even with small things. When I first read this story I wondered if this was a similar battle of wills, and "dad" just took it too far.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/biological...parents-released-to-extended-family/493522205
CPS confirmed to WFAA that the Mathews' 4-year-old child is now with family in the Houston-area. The child was transported on Monday, according to a representative with CPS.

Sini is being charged with child abandonment and her husband Wesley is facing a charge of felony injury to their adopted child Sherin. Sherin Mathews was found dead in a culvert in Richardson.

CPS told WFAA that the child going to a family member was always an option on the table. A rep even says that is most often the recommended option to help the child easily transition. It was a judge that finally made that decision to take the child from the foster home.

Child Protective Services said a home-study of the relative's home in the Houston-area was done. The decision to remove the child from the foster home into the family home required all attorneys to weigh in: Wesley and Sini's attorneys, CPS, and even the attorney for the child.

WFAA is not naming or showing the child, protecting her identity because she is an innocent child in all of this.
[....]
It's unclear how long child will be with family. The custody hearings will continue and the next hearing is scheduled for Nov. 29.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/judge-reduces-bond-for-sherin-mathews-mother
DALLAS - The mother of 3-year-old Sherin Mathews may get out of jail after having her bond reduced.

Sini Mathews showed no emotion on Monday when the judge lowered her bond from $250,000 to $100,000.
[....]
DALLAS - The mother of 3-year-old Sherin Mathews may get out of jail after having her bond reduced.

Sini Mathews showed no emotion on Monday when the judge lowered her bond from $250,000 to $100,000.

But Mathews’ attorney said that was a mistake. He said although she did inquire about shot records, she did not make any arrangements to leave the country and has already surrendered her passport.

"There has been no evidence of preparation to leave, plane tickets being bought or any other arrangements being made. The thought this woman who was a nurse and mother could obtain a fake passport is a bit ridiculous," said Mitch Nolte, Mathews' attorney.

In closing, First Assistant District Attorney Mike Snipes urged the judge not to lower Mathews' bond. He said the facts of the case show her “depravity of heart.”

"The facts that are contained in the affidavit show that this woman is wicked enough to leave... at a minimum to leave a 3-year-old girl alone in her house while she and her husband go out to dinner," he said.

In the end, the judge did not agree and decided to reduce Mathews' bond by more than half the amount. Her attorney said they were still discussing whether she would bond out, even with the massive reduction.

"We're happy the judge reduced the bond, we hoped it would be a little less. It's reasonable," Nolte said.

The judge will require her to be under house arrest with an ankle monitor.

Wesley Mathews remains in jail charged with injury to a child.
[....]

They better make absolutely sure the mother has no secondary passport or other means of leaving the country, or I predict she will flee to India the first chance she gets, and Sherin will never get justice. Does it require a passport to cross into Mexico, or only an enhanced drivers license? I live in Washington, and we can cross into Canada with only an enhanced license.

"The facts that are contained in the affidavit show that this woman is wicked enough to leave... at a minimum to leave a 3-year-old girl alone in her house while she and her husband go out to dinner," he said.

That's an excellent dig by the DA.

Weird she can't post 10% of 100k to get out jail considering they have nice cars and a nice home.

And weird she was inquiring about immunization requirements to travel.

The thought this woman who was a nurse and mother could obtain a fake passport is a bit ridiculous," said Mitch Nolte, Mathews' attorney.

As ridiculous as a nurse and mother participating in the murder of her adopted child? I think not.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dall...sherins-broken-bones-in-cps-hearing/495535415
DALLAS COUNTY, Texas -- A CPS custody hearing wrapped up for the day in Dallas County Wednesday over the biological child of Wesley and Sini Mathews, the adoptive parents of Sherin Mathews, who was found dead in a Richardson culvert last month.

Wesley Mathews was expected to either surrender his parental rights for his 4-year-old daughter or have them terminated by the State.

Sini Mathews took the stand during the hearing as a witness, but invoked her 5th Amendment rights on most questions asked by the State in the 37 minutes she was on the stand.

The State asked several questions about the night Sherin disappeared, as well as questions about alleged broken bones the 3-year-old suffered last spring. Sini was asked by the State if Sherin had a broken femur, elbow, and tibia between January and March of this year. She was also asked by the State if Sherin suffered another set of fractures in February or March, and whether Sini told doctors that Sherin had a Vitamin D deficiency, leading to her broken bones.
[....]
Just after 2 p.m., Wesley Mathews took the stand, also invoking his 5th Amendment rights. His attorney told him to look at him before answering any questions and then signed a hand signal of a "five" after several questions before the court recessed.

The State said no 911 call was ever made. Wesley had called the non-emergency line when he first tried to seek help for Sherin.
[....]
Dr. Susan Dakil, is a pediatrician also certified in child abuse pediatrics. Dr. Dakil told the State that Sherin was hospitalized in February of 2017 and also had an elbow fracture in September of 2016.

The explanation from Sini and Wesley for her September injury was that their oldest, biological daughter pushed Sherin off a couch, resulting in her elbow fracture.

Dr. Dakil also said in February Sherin Mathews was admitted for bilateral fractures. Sini said she slipped on a slide and they had grabbed her. Wesley was not in the room to give his explanation.

The pediatrician said Sherin was classified as a "failure to thrive" patient, which means she was below the third percentile of the growth curve for children of the same age. She says Sherin continued to lose weight.

A skeletal survey consisting of 23 X-rays was completed in February of 2017 which showed fractures in Sherin's tibia and femur, both in different stages of healing -- meaning there was more than one episode of violence and trauma. It was difficult for the pediatrician to say when they occurred.
[....]
skeletal survey in March was completed and it showed further healing of fractures, which would rule out the injuries happening in India prior to adoption -- like Sini had noted to Dr. Dakil.

When Dr. Dakil reported her findings to Sini, that Sherin's injuries were not related to her time in India or from slipping on a slide, Dr. Dakil said Sini responded with fewer questions than she had anticipated.

Dr. Dakil said she filed a CPS report and called the hotline. She tried to find other explanations for Sherin's injuries but could not.

The pediatrician testified that when she told Sini that she was going to alert CPS based on her findings of the condition of Sherin's body, Sini said she didn't approve and believed involving CPS would disrupt the family's weekend plans.
[....]
he cause of death for Sherin is still under investigation.

So, they started beating poor Sherin within 6 months of her arrival in the U.S., to the point where she had broken bones.

Why did they adopt this child? They clearly mistreated her almost from the start. :mad:

Last edited:
Wesley Mathews was expected to either surrender his parental rights for his 4-year-old daughter or have them terminated by the State.

Fantastic!

Sini Mathews took the stand during the hearing as a witness, but invoked her 5th Amendment rights on most questions

That don't look good. But it's just as we suspected.

if Sherin had a broken femur, elbow, and tibia between January and March of this year.

That's a helluva lot of broken bones on anybody, much less a 3year old.

Sini said she didn't approve and believed involving CPS would disrupt the family's weekend plans.

fuck your weekend plans, you emotionless bitch.

They both killed her, imo. Even if only one dealt out the physical abuse, they both knew about it, and neither helped her. They are both guilty. They both deserve life in prison with no parole. Also police should be interviewing their bio kid, who is old enough to say which one(s) beat her.

Why did they adopt this child? They clearly mistreated her almost from the start.

That is the big question. We're used to seeing drug addicts, young idiots and the dregs of society killing their kids but this couple who is well educated goes all the way to India to adopt a baby, then abuse it...why?

And if CPS was contacted in March, where was that investigation?

http://www.wfaa.com/news/cps-commissioner-child-protective-services-failed-sherin-mathews/495948908
[....]
WFAA's Cynthia Izaguirre sat down with Hank Whitman, who serves as the commissioner for the Texas Department of Public Safety. Some of the questions have been edited for brevity and clarity.
24209164_10154859984062063_1563317769_o_1512097805440_11843024_ver1.0.jpg

Why didn’t CPS remove Sherin from the home upon the report? [Sherin was brought to the hospital with broken bones]

“That is something I cannot answer. I can tell you that it breaks my heart. I’m a cop. I mean, to have a child go outside because they didn’t want to drink their milk or whatever, I mean that story was just not believable. I don’t know. I don’t know what was going through her father’s mind. It’s astounding to me why someone would do that to a baby.”

The doctor said there were reports to CPS. Again, why did that child stay in the home?

“Again, it’s that big disappointment I have. With this new division that comes out now, we won’t be missing that. I’m gonna tell you right now, it is my mission, it is my passion that we get better at this.”
[....]
Did CPS protect this child?

“I think they could have done a better job, a much better job. It’s sad when I saw that, and I read the case report. I was silent for 10 seconds, and looking at my staff, it’s not acceptable. It’s not acceptable. We are well-trained people. How this slipped through? We’re going to find out.”

You took over CPS while it was in a crisis. Was this result of underfunded agency, overworked people?

“I can’t say that it was. However, when I tell you this, you brought up something that is dear to my heart. My caseworkers are dear to me. And they’re going to hear this. They’re going to listen to me talking in this interview. And sometimes that morale will go down just due to the mere fact of the negative stories against them. Because 30,000 children, there are success stories – thousands of success stories. And these caseworkers, who I ride with all over the state, you heard, I show up everywhere. I climb on board with them.”

Could Sherin’s death have been prevented with more funding?

“I’m always going to say yes to that. Their caseloads have come down significantly."
[....]
What do you want to tell the public?

“I want to tell the public that in a year and a half, we have made strides. Huge strides. We’re going to continue to perfect, train and perfect, train and perfect. People are tired of it, but it is working. I want to tell the public ‘Have trust in your CPS workers.’ And please understand this. They live in only two worlds. They live in the world of ‘There comes the people that are going to take my kid away,’ and ‘There’s the people that should have taken that kid away. There is no in between for them. And it is heartbreaking for them. Because it is hard for them to make those decisions.”

I can tell this is emotional for you.

“It is. It is."

What has this case done to you?

“I want to make sure that we do everything we can to make this work. And as we go into the next legislative session I’m going to ask for that funding. There are other things that I needed would have probably mitigated this and helped us out. I didn’t get it. But I’m going to say it this time. I have a hearing on Tuesday."

Video of the interview is at the link.

How this slipped through?

This one didn't slip, silently and unobtrusively, thru, it fairly barreled thru there with doctors reports of a child with multiple broken bones and nobody noticed or seemed to care, I don't know if more money can help that.

The mandated reporters did what they were supposed to do and it seems that CPS just simply ignored it.

Maybe it was because the Matthews seemed like nice middle class people with clean kids, with good jobs and a big nice house. Yeah cause those type of people never abuse their kids.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dall...al-for-sherin-mathews-in-richardson/502563967
26134041_10154918727977063_53893400_o_1514345937461_12048338_ver1.0.jpg

RICHARDSON, TEXAS - A permanent memorial to Sherin Mathews will be dedicated this weekend at Restland Cemetery.

The memorial was created by community members who didn't know Sherin in life but were affected by her tragic death.

"She's still in everybody's hearts very much," said Shari Block, a Richardson resident who helped organize the memorial.

In the days and weeks after Sherin went missing and her remains were eventually found in a culvert, a makeshift memorial grew as people left flowers, stuffed animals, candles and other tributes to her. Those items quickly became tattered and were removed in November.
[....]
The bench was donated by Gene Champagne. Back in October as the Mathews story was unfolding, he won a granite bench in a raffle at a ribbon-cutting ceremony for Worthington Monuments in Colleyville, Texas.

"I won that for a reason," Champagne said. "It just so happens that that night, I went home, sat down and saw there was a story on the news about Sherin again. I thought it would be a nice thing to do to put that bench for her."

Champagne initially hoped to put the bench in a city park, but he said regulations would not allow it. After posting his offer online and connecting with others interested in a permanent memorial, Restland Cemetary offered a piece of land for the bench.

In a corner of a section of the cemetery dedicated to young children, they landscaped an area for the bench. Dave Turnblad with Restland helped come up with the words engraved in the stone.

"We really tried to find something that fit the situation," he said. "It just seemed right."

So fuckkng shitty when people adopt children and end up being responsible for them dying. I hope Wesley gets his face eaten off by a coyote and he lives, fucker

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/atto...ed-in-sherin-mathews-autopsy-report/504353655
DALLAS - An autopsy reveals 3-year-old Sherin Mathews died of "homicidal violence," according to multiple sources who have reviewed the document.

A law enforcement official confirmed to WFAA on Wednesday the manner of death for the Richardson girl.

A cause of death could not be determined due to extensive decomposition, the official said.
[....]
The attorney representing Sini Mathews said the report, received Tuesday evening from the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office, does not implicate her in Sherin’s death.
[....]
Sini and her husband, Wesley Mathews, are expected in court Wednesday morning for a CPS custody hearing for their 4-year-old biological daughter.

The couple can either forfeit their parental rights during that hearing, or the court could decide a date for a civil trial to possibly terminate their rights.
[....]
Wesley Mathews is charged with injury to a child, while Sini is charged with abandoning or endangering a child.

Wednesday would mark the third CPS hearing for the Mathews parents. During a hearing in late November, doctors testified that Sherin showed signs of abuse.

Last month, the couple temporarily lost their rights to see their biological child.

Back