• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sue sue

Take 6
Life Lynn DeKlyen was born Sept. 6 at just over 24 weeks old of pregnancy. Her mother, Carrie DeKlyen, 37, of Wyoming, Mich., succumbed to brain cancer Sept. 9. DeKlyen had chosen not to have chemotherapy or experimental treatments in an effort to save her unborn sixth child.

Moments of hope and a series of health scares filled the baby's short life before her heart stopped at about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday at C.S. Mott Children's Hospital in Ann Arbor.

She will be buried at her mother's feet.

"I know Life is in heaven with her mommy," Nick DeKlyen, 39, said.

DeKlyen said he's overwhelmed with grief, but doesn't regret not treating his wife's cancer. He said he plans to keep sharing his wife's and daughter's story in the hope of inspiring others.
Carrie DeKlyen's decision — and Life's birth — generated worldwide attention, an outpouring of support and even a possible movie deal.

DeKlyen was diagnosed this spring with a glioblastoma, an aggressive brain tumor that caused her to suffer crippling headaches. Soon after, she learned she was pregnant.

She qualified for a clinical trial that doctors said could prolong her life 10 years or more. However, she couldn't participate if she was pregnant. Chemotherapy would have been too risky to the fetus.

"We’re pro-life," Nick DeKlyen previously said. "Under no circumstance do we believe you should take a child’s life. She sacrificed her life for the child."
Carrie DeKlyen was unconscious the last weeks of her life, kept on life support devices as Life grew inside her.

The baby was delivered by cesarean section weighing 1 pound, 4 ounces. Doctors removed DeKlyen's feeding and breathing tubes the next day. She died two days later.
http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2017/09/21/mom-chemo-baby-life-lynn/690080001/

The baby died anyway and five kids have no mother. Dad and others are telling them all about Mom's great sacrifice, and those poor kids are thinking "but what about me? I needed her too."

It all seems like a foolish waste since the Baby died anyway :pout:

Sigh, if if Was a fifth, we'd all be drunk...

FUCK CANCER.

Life...
damned stupid name for a child.

Life is dead.
Death of Life.
Life ended.
Life cereal
Life Brand at Shoppers Drug Mart
Life in the Fast Lane.

I'm a full supporter of a women's right to chose, but I believe that the decision of the mother not aborting the child and foregoing radical life extension medical treatments, is selfish. She had 5 living and growing children and she choose for the chance of bringing in a 6th, instead of a chance to care for the 5 who needed her. She failed at both. There's a thing called "triage" that would have applied here.

Well guess that was a dumbshit decision huh?

How tragic.

God, if there is one, must fucking HATE this family.

Back