• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Muriel Schwenck

Beloved Curmudgeon
636426555840849277-Michael-Misty.jpg

She was housed in a vacant shed and sold for sex online.

Somehow, the 29-year-old with mental and physical disabilities left the Macomb Township couple who kept her in the outside shed, taking her support money and selling her services through online ads.

Today, the couple faced a judge on human trafficking charges.

“Instead of helping this profoundly special-needs person, (they) took her support money, forced her to live rough in an outside shed, and sold her as a prostitute. As your heart breaks for this vulnerable woman, your conscience is shocked by the abusive cruelty one human being is capable of showing to another," Prosecutor Eric Smith said.
[...]
Misty George, 30, and Michael Welch, 38, were arraigned in 41-A District Court in Shelby Township, each charged with human trafficking-forced labor and prostitution/accepting earnings. George also was charged with using a computer to commit a crime, the sheriff's office said.

Welch is expected to face more charges after he tried to escape as he entered a sheriff's transport vehicle. He was arrested after a brief foot chase, the sheriff's office said.

The alleged crimes occurred at the Westbridge Manor mobile home park near 21 Mile and Heydenreich in Macomb Township.

Welch and George, who live together and are believed to be dating, initially allowed the woman to stay in their home. But she was eventually moved to a nearby shed after she could not afford to pay the rent that the suspects' demanded, the sheriff's office said.

The victim wasn't allowed in the home to use the restroom or shower.

The suspects set up date advertisements for the victim through a website, according to the sheriff's office. Several men responded to the ads and paid money to the couple for sexual services from the victim.

When the victim left the mobile home park, her family members found out what happened and contacted authorities Sept. 12.

It's unclear how the woman met the couple, or how long she was in the shed.

"This whole incident spanned over a couple-month period," including the time she was staying in the home, said Macomb County Sheriff's Office Sgt. Renee Yax said.

The Macomb Area Computer Enforcement unit investigated, interviewing multiple people.

George was ordered held on a $75,000 bond during arraignment today. Welch was ordered held on a $50,000 bond. Both are to return to court Oct. 24.
[...]

I'm not calling shed a girl a victim.

Like I would if she escaped and flagged down a police car ... but she didn't do that.

I really don't care if she is handicapped ... it doesn't appear that a john seen a horrible situation and called ... so it probably wasn't that bad ... because johns do that sometimes. They see despicable things and call it in.

Like I would if she escaped and flagged down a police car ... but she didn't do that.
I see what you mean but I'd wait for more information before speculating in this direction. With her disabilities, she might have wanted to see her family first, scared and humiliated, ask for their help. The couple might have threatened her with "you'll be arrested for prostitution".
We just don't know enough. I'm also wondering if or how her family was trying to check on her during those two months.

Two ton Tessie looks like Mama June.
Classic face on a thumb look.

...aaand living in a trailer park.
Lovely.

Now to those who are questioning the victims willingness or not in this I have this observation to add.
In a shed, in a trailer park a woman is kept against her ..will, or civil right to personal freedom.
It does not sound like she made any kind of ruckus, which I am thinking shows she was unable to for what ever reason.

Also we can extrapolate that given the socio economic liabilities of the 2 scumbag trailer trash, we know they were not running with high society.
Anyone willing to keep moving forward with a pay to play in a trailer park arranged by Fudgie the Whale and Uncle Fester with AIDS, likely is not too selective of where they stick it.
So could be criminally dangerous, or infection laden, etc.

Finally some severely handicapped adults can love sex cuz hey it is the only thing in life they really dig, but the fact remains this was potentially harming abuse. (exposure to maniacs, STI's, unwanted pregnancy etc...)

So...for what it was worth.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/10/18/macomb-couple-in-human-trafficking-case-to-get-mental-exam/
– A Macomb Township couple accused of keeping a disabled woman in a shed and selling her for sex will undergo a mental evaluation.

A 41-A District Court judge on Tuesday issued the order after concerns were made by attorneys for 38-year-old Michael Welch and 30-year-old Misty George.

Sure, they had to be crazy to think they could get away with it. But someone was competent enough to plan it out, post ads , and collect money.

How sick do the johns have to be to have sex with someone profoundly disabled???

Ugh.

Eh to be fair, nearly every whore walking the streets is going to be so eaten up by drugs and desperation that theres no way to tell whether theyre handicapped, mentally and even physically in many cases, or not. I actually can understand how someone may not know or sense that the person blowing them is a mental deficient.

Sure, they had to be crazy to think they could get away with it. But someone was competent enough to plan it out, post ads , and collect money.

Is it crazy or are they questioning the couples IQs? I could see the defense claiming the criminals are retarded too and trying to get em some sympathy from the court due to that.

Is it crazy or are they questioning the couples IQs? I could see the defense claiming the criminals are retarded too and trying to get em some sympathy from the court due to that.

Reminds me of the multigeneration family that orgied with the little girls. The lawyer tried to get sympathy for the mother, calling her a "quivering rabbit" who just happen to rape her children. http://www.dreamindemon.com/communi...p-it-in-the-family-sexually-abused-two.89610/
[doublepost=1515696235,1508733839][/doublepost]http://www.macombdaily.com/general-...seeks-more-lenient-bond-despite-prior-escapes

9 January 2018
A Macomb Township man accused of prostituting a disabled woman at his home asked a judge for a more lenient bond even though he has a conviction and charge for escaping from custody, according to authorities.

Michael Welch, 39, on Monday requested Judge Douglas Shepherd of 41A District Court allow him to post 10 percent of his $100,000 bond so he could "reconvene on my job" while on tether.

Shepherd denied the request and maintained the cash-surety requirement without explanation after hearing from Assistant Macomb Prosecutor Jeffrey Hall that Welch was convicted in 2002 of escape from custody. In addition, the judge pointed out Welch's attempt to escape from custody following his arraignment in the current case.
[...]
Hall also noted Welch is considered a habitual criminal.
[...]
At the hearing, attorneys revealed both Welch and George were found competent to face the charges by the state Center for Forensic Psychiatry.

But George's attorney, Azhar Sheikh, was granted a request to seek a second opinion from an independent mental expert on his belief George suffers mental deficiencies. George three times has been committed to a mental facility against her will, he said.

Welch's attorney, Steven Freers, said he would like his client to receive a preliminary examination on the charges as soon as possible, prior to the completion of a psychiatrist's evaluation of George. But Shepherd said in the interest of "judicial economy" the two co-defendants would face a joint preliminary examination, necessitating a delay in Welch's case while the awaiting the outcome of George's evaluation.
[...]

Anyone know if they were collecting a disability check on her part? That seems to be a reoccurring factor in these cases.

Holy shit they charged her over 300 dollars in food stamps AND 400 dollars to rent a room in the fucking trailer!???

I've never seen a lot fee more than 315. This woman HAD to of been mentally handicapped if she agreed to that deal. Mindblowing. What a racket.

Good to know the story isnt AS awful as early sensationlized media reports made it out. This woman clearly is a sad damage case who most certainly was taken advantage of, but wasnt exactly FORCED into some sexual slavery type of arrangement.

Curious if law enforcement is working to find the man who raped her. They should be looking into the craigslist ad and cellphones and computer history to locate the individual. I dont see how they fail to find who the person is given what sounds like an extensive computer history and numerous interactions.

@Muriel Schwenck @Satanica
A Michigan man will spend up to two decades behind bars for keeping a disabled woman in a shed and hiring her out for sex via online classifieds.

Michael Welch, 40, was sentenced Thursday to between five and 20 years in jail after pleading guilty to human trafficking and accepting earnings from prostitution. He was given credit for 589 days already served.

Misty George, 32, was given five years probation after she agreed to testify against Welch.

The pair advertised dates with the victim - who suffers from physical and mental disabilities - on Craigslist between August and September 2017.

Back