• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Doctors fear an eight-week-old baby who suffered catastrophic brain injuries may never be able to see or walk again.

The newborn, Nathaniel, was airlifted to hospital in Perth after a Triple Zero call earlier this month.

When he arrived, doctors found the child had no brain activity and they feared he would not survive.

Nathaniel was flown to Princess Margaret Hospital after his 24-year-old father called emergency services saying he was unresponsive. His mother, 20, was not present at the time.

The eight-week-old suffered the injuries between October 7 and October 9 at the family's home in Narrogin.

His aunt says he has bleeding on his brain, and despite his ventilator being switched off last week, Nathaniel is still surviving. 'We were told five minutes to an hour and he kept going,' Ms Taylor said.
'He's now opening his eyes, wriggling around.'

The extent of his brain damage will not be known until he recovers further, but recent tests show Nathaniel's eyes are not responding to light.

The eight-week-old also has two spinal fractures but is now feeding through a tube.

Police have questioned both his parents over the incident, but no one has been charged.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5001218/Baby-catastrophic-brain-injury-never-walk.html
45716F9700000578-0-Nathaniel_has_started_breathing_on_his_own_has_regained_consciou-m-5_1508509783436.jpg

"Doctors fear an eight-week-old baby who suffered catastrophic brain injuries may never be able to see or walk again"

Ummm...he could walk ALREADY? Jk. They both know what happened. I think the parents did it

Gonna be same old story....lazy fucktard dad or boyfriend watching babe while mum at work....injured sometime between the 7th and the 9th...unless mum was working all that time she had to have known something...i bet help wasnt called (and wasnt going to be called )til babe had a seizure.
Heal as fully as you can babe and i will pray the courts keep you far the fuck away from the one(s) who hurt you.

Bless his heart. Makes me so angry when children are abused. I hope he pulls through. Both parents should be charged but we all know how soft they are on crime there. Sounds like shaken baby syndrome to me.

This will sound mean,
but maybe if he had died that might have been better than the options facing him.

This kid has a downright awful future awaiting him.
Very very sad, truly.

I agree sometimes some are better off gone
It is sad but I would rather them pass then go thru life with abuse
I believe some will come back and Shine..

He looks like a precious little fellow with his cute little bear jammies. Poor, poor angel. I had a child that was born profoundly retarded and her brain damage seems to be similar to his. She only lived to 3 years old. We loved her dearly and she touched many lives for the better but I was glad when her suffering was over and she wasn't in pain anymore. She would be 40 years old now.

2 October 2018
A heartbroken mother has shared a moving last photo of her baby taken just hours before his death, as his father awaits trial accused of brutally beating the little boy a year ago.

Erica Lawrence, 21, said while she is devastated, she is happy that her one-year-old son Nathaniel was no longer suffering.

'When he did go, he was surrounded by loved ones, and it was nice to know that he's not suffering any more,' Ms Lawrence told 7News.

After an entire year living with injuries allegedly sustained due to his father's abuse, little Nathaniel died at his Golden Bay home on Perth's outskirts.

Homicide detectives have now stepped in to determine whether his death is linked to the assault from October 9 last year.

His father, Michael Ashley MacRae, 25, was charged with grievous bodily harm at the time of the incident.

He pleaded not guilty and is currently behind bars
1576872411590.png
1576872432195.png

WA father accused of causing “catastrophic injuries” to his six-week-old baby boy will now face trial accused of his murder.

Michael Ashley MacRae was initially charged with aggravated grievous bodily harm over the death of his son Nathaniel but this morning prosecutor James Mactaggart told the WA Supreme Court the state had issued a fresh indictment and would be prosecuting the 25-year-old for murder.

Little Nathaniel suffered bleeding to his brain and blindness after he was injured at his Golden Bay home in October 2017.

At the age of just seven weeks, Nathaniel Lawrence was violently attacked by his own father, who vigorously shook the infant out of “anger and frustration” and also inflicted some form of blunt force trauma.
Nathaniel suffered such horrific trauma in October 2017 that it caused bleeding on his brain, fractured ribs, and injuries to other parts of his body.

He was left with a catastrophic brain injury that ultimately led to his death less than one year later.
His sperm donor his father Micheal Ashley Macrae was sentenced in the West Australian Supreme Court to 11-and-a-half years in prison for manslaughter.
“You robbed Nathaniel of what would, in the normal course of events, have been a long and happy life,” Justice Anthony Derrick said.

The court was told Macrae had refused to return Nathaniel to his mother Erica Lawrence the day before the assault, prompting her to call police, who conducted a welfare check and found the baby was fine.

Nathaniel could not be settled during the night, which led Macrae to assault him, then he went to sleep.

Macrae later took Nathaniel to Narrogin Hospital, where he denied causing any harm to the baby, then the infant was taken to Princess Margaret Hospital in Perth for further treatment.

Nathaniel was eventually placed in respite care, then lived with his mother’s family.

He died in September 2018 from complications – specifically pneumonia and seizures – associated with the irrevocable injury to and loss of function of his brain.

Macrae, 29, was charged with murder, but was instead found guilty of the lesser charge of manslaughter following a trial.
Macrae will be eligible for parole after serving nine-and-a-half years behind bars.

Back