• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A paranoid schizophrenic murdered a refugee then chopped off his penis and left it next to his corpse. Jeffrey Barry, 56, was found guilty of murdering Kamil Ahmed, from Kurdistan, at Bristol Crown Court.

Troubled Barry was under the delusion Ahmed was a terrorist paedophile and had phoned the police several times to falsely allege the Kurdish man had raped a friend. The men were neighbours at an assisted living accommodation block for people with mental illness.

Barry was said to have been smoking cannabis and drinking excessively in the days leading up to the attack. He was caught masturbating in public and sectioned only to be released the day before he ended Ahmed's life.

On 7 July 2016 at round 1.30am, Barry entered Ahmed's room at their residence and stabbed him more than 20 times in the body and face before cutting off his penis and leaving it next to the brutalised body.

Pathologist Amanda Jeffrey described Barry's decision to remove Ahmed's genitals as "an act of mutilation", according to the Bristol Post. Jenny Civill, a friend to both the men, described Barry as "humorous, kind, generous, caring and well educated" and Ahmed as "smart, clean and humorous".

She told police Barry was under the delusion that Ahmed was sexually assaulting her and that this had led him to kill the Kurd and remove his penis, adding: "He had this thought in his head I was seeing Kamil and we were having a relationship and having sex. But I said to him we weren't doing that.

"He thought it was rape. I have never been in a relationship with Kamil, he didn't rape me and I didn't say that to Jeffrey. It was in his head. He was drinking two to three days a week. He did say he hated Kamil, especially because he was foreign, Pakistan or Arabia or somewhere," she added.

Medical experts disputed whether Barry should have been released from the secure unit, leaving him free to murder. That question bore on whether Barry should be charged with a lesser offence on grounds of diminished responsibility. In the end, he was found guilty of murder.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/paranoid-s...-thinking-he-was-terrorist-paedophile-1643498

jeffrey-barry.png

A man with paranoid schizophrenia has been jailed for a minimum term of 23 years for the murder of a Kurdish asylum seeker whom he had racially abused for years.

Sentencing Jeffrey Barry to life imprisonment, Mrs Justice May said a mental health tribunal’s decision to release him from a psychiatric hospital hours before he fatally stabbed and mutilated Kamil Ahmad was “calamitous”.

Outside court, Ahmad’s family named five agencies that they said had questions to answer over why they had not protected him from Barry.
The court was told that though a prison sentence had been passed, Barry would be held and treated at the high security hospital Broadmoor.

The 56-year-old, who had previously attacked a nurse, was sectioned the month before the murder, having made threats to kill Ahmad at the sheltered accommodation in Bristol where they both lived.

Barry applied to be released from hospital after promising not to drink alcohol, which exacerbated his condition. He immediately went on a drinking binge, returned home, armed himself with a knife and attacked and killed Ahmad, who did not know Barry had been released.
In the three years before the attack, Ahmad, 48, had complained to police four times that Barry had assaulted him.

May said the attack, which resulted in more than 70 knife wounds, had been “frenzied”.

“In hindsight the tribunal’s decision to discharge Barry appears nothing short of calamitous given what happened hours later.”
Though the court was told Barry had repeatedly racially abused Ahmad, including calling him a “fucking Paki” and a terrorist, the judge said she could not treat the murder as racially aggravated because the killer could not be judged by the standards of the “sane general public”.

Defending, David Jeremy QC said Barry was not the only one responsible for the murder.

“The mental health review tribunal that discharged the defendant did so following a flawed process in which it was not provided with full or accurate information,” he told the judge.

The tribunal had not known of Barry’s dislike for Ahmad, nor his progressive deterioration and his propensity to drink, Jeremy said.

Back