• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Thanks to Just Rose. I could've sworn this was already here, but I couldn't find it and neither could GenericUser.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article177120681.html
Screen%20Shot%202017-10-04%20at%209.10.14%20PM

The first time the 3-year-old foster child ingested meth, she recovered.

But she wasn’t removed from the California foster home that she had been placed at just days earlier, according to a lawsuit filed this week.

Two weeks later, though, she ingested meth again — and this time, 3-year-old Mariah died. Paramedics found a baggie of methamphetamine rocks in her room.
[....]
Darren Kessler, the attorney representing Mariah’s brother Jeremyah through his guardian, Shannon Villanueva, told the East Bay Times. “What happens is it’s a system without accountability. The people who are in control of the kids in cases such as this are the ones responsible.”
[....]
Jeremyah and Mariah had been taken from their mother in Alameda County and put into foster care on Sept. 30, 2015, according to the lawsuit, based on allegations of abuse and neglect. Jeremyah was 5 at the time, and Mariah was 3.

They were then placed in the home of Maria Refugio Moore in Stockton, Calif. around Sept. 30.

But just days later, Moore claimed Mariah was “acting strange” and “talking to herself,” according to the lawsuit. The girl’s heart was racing, she was shaking and sweating, and she was saw monkeys and bunnies running around where there were none.

Hours later, she was taken to the hospital — and a urine sample revealed she had methamphetamine in her system. The hospital’s final diagnosis for the 3-year-old was “altered level of consciousness” and “amphetamine abuse.”

Police and the hospital told Alameda County social workers, who were responsible for Mariah, yet the girl remained in Moore’s home.

But on Oct. 16, less than two weeks later, the girl died — held in the arms of her 5-year-old brother, according to the lawsuit.

She said she was seeing spiders, and her hands were cramped and contorted, the lawsuit says. The little girl’s fingers shook. She spoke in gibberish as her stomach convulsed.

Jeremyah complained to Moore, her boyfriend and others about his sister’s condition. But she didn’t get medical help until she was dead, when paramedics showed up to find the girl unresponsive.
[....]
an autopsy determined she died of methamphetamine toxicity, the lawsuit says.

“Logic compels interpreting Mariah’s senseless death and exposure to methamphetamine, twice in two weeks, as an obvious product of abuse and neglect,” the lawsuit says.

Jeremyah was removed from the home later that day.

The lawsuit lists Alameda County, two employees, Triad Family Services, and Moore — the foster parent at the time — as defendants, and seeks compensatory and punitive damages. The lawsuit cites the “lingering and reoccurring effects of extreme emotional trauma from the danger created of experiencing his sister, Mariah, suffer from drug exposure and death.”

Villanueva, his guardian, said Jeremyah, now 7, has had difficulty understanding what happened to his sister.

“When he can’t really take it anymore he'll have meltdowns and he’ll cry,” Villanueva told ABC. “And he’ll cry until he loses his voice sometimes.”

Moore defended herself in a phone interview with the East Bay Times on Tuesday.

“I didn’t have anything to do with it,” Moore said. “I was cleared. I was not charged with anything.”

Please tell me why, after eating meth, this toddler was allowed to go back to the same home with the same people? Someone, anyone, please give me one valid reason?

What is the point of child protective services of half the people working there don't give two shits about children? :bored:

Shame on the hospital also. Wasn't police notified the first time? How could they just send this baby on her way into the same death and abuse trap? :banghead:

“amphetamine abuse.”
How bout amphetamine poisoning? This makes it sound like she was a 3 year old meth head

held in the arms of her 5-year-old brother, according to the lawsuit.

:(
“When he can’t really take it anymore he'll have meltdowns and he’ll cry,” Villanueva told ABC. “And he’ll cry until he loses his voice sometimes.”

That poor little guy. I wanna beat everybody's ass who failed these children. FUUUUUCK!

nsane and a few people deserve not just to lose their jobs but criminal charges. Whoever house she was in should have been in jail after the first time am sure the baby didn't go down to the corner and score this herself [ :sarcasm:] it was probably hidden in the children's room by the so called caregivers that need to be taught the error of their ways. The hospital by law should have immediately contacted the police the first time the ss people should have immediately pulled them out of the hell hole. I agree with PP, they all should be smashed like last months pumpkins

Screen-Shot-2017-10-05-at-1.12.01-PM-1024x710.jpg

My heart breaks for this little boy who tried to save his sister and held her as she was dying. The foster mother should be arrested as well. It is her home and her responsibility to ensure that these children were safe. It seems like this bitch and her boyfriend did not care by their indifference to the boy's concerns about his sister.

Last edited:
I truly hope this boy ends up in an honestly loving, caring family. He's wise beyond his years, due to past experiences I presume.

He described her saying she was seeing bunnies and monkeys flying around. :(

That's the extent that her sweet little mind could create, while poisoned.

:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Fuck you sideways with a rusty blade, Maria Refugio Moore.

If it wasn't your meth, it belonged to someone you allowed to cross your threshold and be in the presence of children you had an obligation (and were being paid) to protect.

You allowed some sloppy junkie to be around these kids not once, but twice!! Have some personal accountability, maybe. This child's blood is on your hands. How terrifying it must have been for this poor baby, too young to understand how she was feeling and what she was seeing. You've ruined the lives of two children by your actions, or inactions. One is dead, and one will forever be affected by the loss of his sister, and the rage and pain he feels at his inability to protect her.

Shame on you. I hope you have the gall to come here and try to defend your bullshit. Google yourself.

Maria Refugio Moore
Maria Refugio Moore
Maria Refugio Moore
Maria Refugio Moore
Maria Refugio Moore
Maria Refugio Moore

Fuck you sideways with a rusty blade, Maria Refugio Moore.

If it wasn't your meth, it belonged to someone you allowed to cross your threshold and be in the presence of children you had an obligation (and were being paid) to protect.
How the hell could she be cleared of anything? who is she doing what to? anybody, lets find a picture of this saint

No luck with more info on her, PK, but I found this. :(

After the death of his sister, Jeremyah was placed with a new family. Foster mom Shannon Villanueva said that the little boy has “good and bad days.” She said:

“When he can't really take it anymore he'll have meltdowns and he'll cry. And he'll cry until he loses his voice sometimes.”

She added that because death is hard for a child to comprehend, she had to explain why his “sister's body stopped working”:

“We explained in a little bit more detail and he said, 'I should have followed her. I should have protected her.'”

http://dearly.com/2017/10/35395-lit...e-meth-overdose-die-5-year-old-brothers-arms/

“I didn’t have anything to do with it,” Moore said. “I was cleared. I was not charged with anything.”

Bitch, you had EVERYTHING to do with her death! The first time she was poisoned by meth, being informed of this fact should have set off a thousand alarms in your head! "Who the fuck am I hanging with???"

Even if it belonged to someone else and you didn't know about it, your lack of concern ONCE you knew immediately makes you negligent. Nope, you didn't sweep the house for drugs, you didn't change anything or ban those from bringing drugs into your house. Little wee Mariah died because you didn't care. You didn't take responsibility to keep her safe from your shitty friends.

@everjaded
I agree.

Maria Refugio Moore
Maria Refugio Moore
Maria Refugio Moore
Maria Refugio Moore
Maria Refugio Moore
Maria Refugio Moore

AND don't forget that she left this child hallucinate, quaver, contort and suffer, and did nothing until she died. Even after she was told something was wrong.

I should have protected her.'”

That was your "caregiver's" job, not yours, Jeremyah, the stupid, filthy, drug addicted adults, that were supposed to be looking after you and Mariah. Heads, do indeed, need to roll, heads from a lot of people.

Yes returning a child to the place they first ingested meth is always the right thing to do.

:sarcasm:

SMH

Please tell me why, after eating meth, this toddler was allowed to go back to the same home with the same people? Someone, anyone, please give me one valid reason?

What is the point of child protective services of half the people working there don't give two shits about children? :bored:

Shame on the hospital also. Wasn't police notified the first time? How could they just send this baby on her way into the same death and abuse trap? :banghead:
From the article: "Police and the hospital told Alameda County social workers, who were responsible for Mariah, yet the girl remained in Moore’s home." Shame on the social services, police and hospital both reported the first incident.

This story just drags at my heart Its horrible
I been having dreams of this lil girl
Its woke me up and couldn't go back to sleep
I was trying to stop her from taking it but someone or the space between myself and the lil girl was to far away. And this non faced human was stopping me from getting to her
I remembered saying "" she's not safe she's not safe, let me go , let me see her , let me make sure she's OK
But I kept ex getting pushed back and the distance between us got farther a d farther away real cloudy but brown clouds
I turned my body to get away from being held back and she was gone then I started crying that's when I woke up crying like a Hugh stab pain in my heart type of crying
Fuck this woman and who ever was suppose to take care of them
Fuck you fuck you for taking her way before her time
This child was so innocent
Bunny's and monkeys
Not evil shit like grown methheads
Just Bunny's
Fuck these people

On top of it all, knowing she had previously overdosed, they not only failed to search for and find the drugs, they willfully ignored the symptoms of her second overdose, hoping it would just wear off.

Back