• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ChaosKitty

Queen Bitch From Hell
Well, anyone that tried taking this on knew it would be a monumental endeavor and it would be hard to impossible to encompass all of what seems to be a never ending intricate obsession of Steven King.Read alot of his books and found out from a King junkie friend that all of his books have a tie into his landscape world thriller. I have to admit, I have done the DT short stories and made it through the first official book but have had a time getting through the rest. I feel like regardless of how much he gives up it is still just touching the surface. Both with the book series and the movie was reminiscent of the BeadGame by Hermann Hesse for me. Difficult and realizing I was missing alot of what the author is trying to convey. For non King DT fans this movie was a wash for DT fans & fans of King it was hard. McConaughey does a great devil villain and looks to have had some work done on his face. The gunslinger is good but the characters aren't really meshed out or the action nothing has been real satisfying a few movies after the last one I enjoyed [Hitman] I would recommend any King fan to watch it and expect to be disappointed and anyone else if you have some time on your hand and can easily stream it. Actors were good but feel this tale is Kings hell, never quite getting across what he wants but leaves you willing to try more with him. They should have attempted to line up closer to the books and told his back tale. Since it was already a given that they would only be able to fit so much in this and from now on will maybe be a set of tv series and movies [or that was what they were talking about before this came out] Maybe fleshed out the man in black and the gunslinger and his early tales and would have had enough plot and material to reach to the kid maybe in the middle and then go on some more tales rather that wrap up with throwing too much together.

I read the first 3 in the series and quit cause the odd sci fi shit bugged me. Then I spent the next 5 years thinking about it at the oddest times..I picked it back up and finished the series..Glad I did...I'm gonna have to pass on this movie though..They rarely translate his books very well and I know it's just going to piss me off...Everyone is too PC these days for them to do Detta/Susannah justice and that alone is enough for me to skip out!

I haven't seen the movie yet and I think I'm going to hold off. Once I get a chance I'm going to download the books since I have finished all my current series.

I haven't seen the movie yet and I think I'm going to hold off. Once I get a chance I'm going to download the books since I have finished all my current series.
definitely do some of the books first,
I will download herds of them onto my kindle app for laptop but have it on a card so I could pop it out and use on anything else. That way I always have something to read and Amazon will have author specials where you can get bundles.

They rarely translate his books very well

Absolutely Agree.

I love SK. I've had to stop reading them simply because I can't keep all his characters separated in my head. The books are so complicated and interwoven with other stories, I have had to go back and skim over others to understand the one I'm reading.

The last one I read was The Dome, fairly simple as a SK goes. And absolutely yes, the TV series was pretty bad for the most part.

I started the JFK one but haven't finished it, since I don't have a week to give it so that I can understand it. (LOL)

Latest posts

Back