• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
29elqv.jpg
Emily​
alomk6.jpg
A woman has been charged in the death of a little Hawkins County girl.
At a press conference Tuesday, the Hawkins County Sheriff said Amber Gibson, 25, is charged with aggravated child abuse and first degree murder in the death of Emily Barnard.
[...]
The three-year-old died in July. She had been left at home with Gibson. In July, Sheriff Ronnie Hawkins said he was sure that Gibson had caused the girl's death, but she wasn't charged until this week.
Sheriff Ronnie Lawson said he was prepared to discuss details of the case Tuesday, but minutes after he called the press conference, John F. Dugger, Jr. signed a gag order barrig anyone involved in the case from speaking about it.
District Attorney General C. Berkley Bell did say the autopsy showed the little girl died of multiple blunt force injuries to the head.
Barnard's great-grandmother said she is glad an arrest has been made.
"It's a relief that there's been a charge made," said Teresa Harmon. "I know they took their time, it seems like drug their feet, but I'm glad they did so they could get it right."
In July Lawson said drugs were involved, but Tuesday would not discuss details of what happened.
Harmon wants to hear Gibson's explanation.
"Its not going to change what she's done, it's not going to bring Emily back, but I would like to hear her try to explain what made her so angry at her."
Gibson is being held on a $500,000 bond. She's due in court on Thursday.
http://www.wbir.com/news/article/19...harged-in-little-girls-death?odyssey=obinsite

Old Case But Justice Was Served

Gibson was sentenced on Friday to 51 years in prison for first-degree felony murder and an additional 23 years for two unrelated robberies.

According to the autopsy results from the Quillen College of Medicine, the official cause of Barnard?s death was multiple blunt force injuries to the head.

In a hand-written statement from Gibson, she talks about the day Emily Barnard died. She said she didn't get enough of her drug. She said Barnard urinated on herself and that made Gibson snap. In the letter she stated she is sorry and said she is a monster.

Gibson admitted to pushing and shoving Barnard when she hit her head and starting having a seizure on the day she died in July.

ww.wcyb.com/news/hawkins-co-woman-pleads-guilty-to-murder-of-3-year-old/13502404

I want to know what her drug was now. What was so fucking important you murdered a toddler? I have tried practically every drug available in the past and I had a great fuckin time but never would it have crossed my mind to kill a kid because I didn't have enough whatever.

I want to know what her drug was now.
In a hand-written statement from Gibson, she talks about the day Emily Barnard died. She said she didn't get enough of her drug, "Roxyz". She said Barnard urinated on herself and that made Gibson snap.
That's from the article Sugar Cookie linked. Roxys are Roxicodone, or Oxycodone. In short, an opiate.

--Al

Back