• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Looking For One Rapist Came Across This One

A remorseless rapist who tried to appeal his seven-year jail sentence by claiming his trial was unfair because his barrister didn't make his victim cry in the witness box has had his prison-term increased.

Francis Kofi Okrah, 36, said his defense lawyer Nicholas Clarke had been 'too soft' on his 22-year-old victim and should have cross-examined her hard enough to reduce her to tears during his trial.

She told Okrah she was a lesbian and not interested in him but, after falling asleep on his bed, she woke up to find him raping her.

Despite screaming at him to stop, he carried on regardless telling her 'he wanted to make her pregnant'.

Swabs were taken from the victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons, but a DNA match to Okrah was not made until 2013 when he was arrested on suspicion of another offense.

He told the court the woman had consented but the jury found him guilty of rape in November 2013.

He then tried to challenge his conviction, claiming Mr Clarke had been too soft on the woman after she described her ordeal to the jury from the witness box. He argued the barrister was wrong when he 'refused to cross-examine the complainant so as not to make her cry'.

The Ghanaian national also claimed the jury should not have been told about her sexual orientation or his immigration status. He even complained that Mr Clarke's closing speech to the jury was 'ill-advised and inappropriate'.

But Appeal Court judges were so horrified by Okrah's complaint that they instead gave him an extra six weeks behind bars for wasting their time.

The jury was fully entitled to know the victim was a lesbian and to be told of Okrah's status as an illegal over-stayer, she added.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...RY-witness-box-six-weeks-added-jail-term.html

31510E9E00000578-3452256-image-a-78_1455769498074.jpg

Last edited:
@Sugar Cookie - "like" as a rating isn't what I really wanted to give you. I was looking at options that I have, as I am not a bold member, and couldn't find one for -
"OMG, you find the best stories, sometimes they make me laugh, sometimes I cry, sometimes I'm just left shaking my head at people's stupidity, but above all, thanks!
I'm not sure what the symbol would look like, so I clicked on a few just to make sure I hadn't missed it. For now though, like is all I've got!

Crate this prick up and overboard his ass at sea.
Remorseless sicko just wants to keep fucking his victim over and over.
He needs to die.

Perfect case for deportation, as opposed to the "all of them" approach.
[doublepost=1506351542,1506263822][/doublepost]
@Sugar Cookie - "like" as a rating isn't what I really wanted to give you. I was looking at options that I have, as I am not a bold member, and couldn't find one for -
"OMG, you find the best stories, sometimes they make me laugh, sometimes I cry, sometimes I'm just left shaking my head at people's stupidity, but above all, thanks!
I'm not sure what the symbol would look like, so I clicked on a few just to make sure I hadn't missed it. For now though, like is all I've got!
I often feel torn giving "rainbow thanks" for a perfectly hideous story, when my gut reaction is "WTF!".

Back