• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CbabyRKO

Trumperdink Mussolini
Canadian heir was charged Tuesday with torture and murder in the death of his girlfriend after her body was found bloodless and mutilated in their West Hollywood apartment.

Blake Leibel, 35, a graphic novelist and screenwriter, could face the death penalty if convicted of first-degree murder in the slaying of his 30-year-old girlfriend, Iana Kasian, prosecutors said.

He pleaded not guilty to one count each of murder, mayhem, aggravated mayhem and torture, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office.

Leibel, who is the son of prominent Toronto developer Lorne Leibel, is accused of murdering Kasian, on or between May 23 and May 26, at their apartment.

His father founded GTA-based development company Canada Homes Inc. Lorne Leibel also sailed for Team Canada in the 1976 Olympics and has since raced both boats and vintage cars, according to theToronto Star.

Kasian, a Kyiv, Ukraine-born woman, Kasian appeared to have been badly beaten over the past three days, and all the blood had drained from her by the time she was found, authorities said.

Her mother had reported her missing and deputies discovered her dead body Thursday after forcing their way through a door that Leibel had barricaded with furniture.

Leibel was arrested at the scene.

The couple had a child together, but deputies provided no further details about their relationship.

Kasian had moved to the US two years ago and gave birth to a baby girl on May 3, her first child, friends told the National Post.

Through Leibel, the baby is an heiress of two prominent and wealthy Toronto families.

Leibel’s father, Lorne, made a fortune in the home building boom of the 1980s and 90s as the president of Canada Homes, once described as the nation’s largest home builder.

And his mother, Eleanor Leibel, was the daughter of Paul and Leona Chitel. The Chitel family founded Alros Products Ltd, a plastics company based in Toronto that does business as Polytarp, the Post reported.

The baby is currently in the care of a family friend, authorities toldKTLA.

Lawyer Alaleh Kamran questioned Leibel’s mental competence, prompting Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Keith Schwartz to a psychological evaluation, according to the Post.

A week before the body was found, Leibel was arrested on a sex assault charge, Deputy District Attorney Tannaz Mokayef said.

He was booked May 20 and released later in the day on $100,000 bail, according to jail records.

Family friend Denis Aronchik, told the National Post that Kasian was not the alleged victim, but when she found out about the charge, she moved out of their apartment and in with her mother, who was visiting the US to help with the baby.

Aronchik said Kasian went to the apartment to speak with Leibel and when she didn’t return by the next day, her mother went to police.

Leibel, who is originally from Canada, is being held without bail and he's due back in court June 14.

A decision on whether to seek the death penalty will be made at a later date.
LINK

Dear America,
Sorry about this asshole...and Justin Bieber.
Here, have some more oil and beer.
Regards, Canada

Wow. That's one enormous psychotic man-twat if I've ever seen one! I read ALL of the articles linked off of the first link (mostly same info), and I just stood, looking like a mouth-breather, with my mouth agape. Beyond the obvious horror at what was done to this poor woman, all I could think was "What a snotty little fuck!" -- & that's just my feeling about him outside of what he might have (most likely have) done to his girlfriend/baby mama.

First of all: in his career... One could describe him as... I'll be generous and say having average success in his genre, compared to others in the same field. (I'm just guessing; it's not my forte. That's why I'm being generous.)

However, I suppose we should laud him for achieving the status of "world champion gamer," a title bestowed upon him (by whom, who knows- most likely himself!) in "online profiles" (huh? That he created or like "Meet the Artist" type profiles but for psychopathic ne'er do well heirs & heiresses?). Truly, the perfect title for a spoiled twat who got everything he wanted. (He even tried to take away his brother's inheritance after his mother's death. SCUMMMMMMBAAAGGGG)

I agree, Abroad. This time the dirty, narcissistic goat fucker can't pay his way out of his fuckup (the sexual assault, first). If he's found guilty (holy shit, he is), I hope they sentence him with something that will be the most devastating thing to him. What would make living impossible for him? THAT is how to make someone who deserves to suffer, suffer.

We've all read tons of articles about people who are psychologically "insane" and commit crimes who are still legally sane when it comes to a trial. I can't decide if this guy is going to be like Ted Bundy- hard-core sociopath style, or if he just snapped when he was confronted abt the sex charge and went full on nutso (ergo, not guilty by mental defect or what have you). Although mutilation and draining her blood is serious overkill... That's beyond snapping.

In fact, if he did do this (he did), it would make things so much easier if someone in gen pop would just shiv him in the nutsack and let him bleed out. Her parents could be eternally rid of him, the American ppl wouldn't have to pay any additional $$ for dealing with his shit, he'd get to feel a tiny bit of what she likely felt... And, honestly, he'd get what he wants too: out of jail! Haha!

Unfortunately his family will pay out millions for his defense and he will escape the death penalty. He took a beautiful woman and mother away from their child. So sad this little girl...barely a month old...will grow up without her mother. So sad Iana's life was taken. I hope his family does not get custody of the little girl as that will be another major blow to Iana's family...who are suffering enough already. I hope Leibel's family has the decency to allow the child to remain with the grandmother and aunt and return to Ukraine.

Another entitled asshole who wasnt' getting his way after Iana left him due to the sexual assault charges against another woman. The assault had to have been pretty severe for the judge to order a 100,000 bond. How dare she leave him. He didn't make his way in life. His family supported him in every way financially from providing him daily living expenses and providing him a home. A spoiled brat who has never faced any consequences. I can't believe he went to court to have his own brother disinherited so he could have it all after his mother died. To know also that this was premeditated...I'd like to hear more facts about how they came to that conclusion...is so twisted. The details are like something out of a horror movie. RIP Iana.

Propped up by a nearly $18,000 per month allowance from his parents, Leibel gradually moved from gaming into other branches of the entertainment industry. In 2008, he worked on an animated-series version of the Mel Brook’s movie “Spaceballs,” according to Leibel’sIMDb page. That same year he got involved in “a comic book space opera” series called “United Free Worlds,” complete with aliens, dinosaurs, interstellar warfare and a Conan the Barbarian-like hero clad in a loincloth. He also wrote and directed a comedy called “Bald.” Its poster features a hairless man flanked by four blondes in bikinis. Its subtitle: “No Money. No Hair. No Shame.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...th-killing-girlfriend-in-hollywood/?tid=sm_tw

First of all: in his career... One could describe him as... I'll be generous and say having average success in his genre, compared to others in the same field. (I'm just guessing; it's not my forte. That's why I'm being generous.)

Graphic novels and comics are my forte (I read LOTS of them, have a pull list at the local comic shop and I was even on a panel discussion at the 2014 ComicCon in NYC). I'd never heard of Blake Leibel and his works aren't held by many libraries:

http://www.worldcat.org/search?qt=worldcat_org_bks&q=blake+leibel&fq=dt:bks

An autopsy report was released Wednesday, revealing horrific details into how a woman was killed allegedly by her boyfriend in West Hollywood.

In May 2016, 30-year-old Iana Kasian was found dead inside of her condominium. Her boyfriend at the time and father of her child, 35-year-old Blake Leibel, was arrested on suspicion of murder.

He was later charged with one count of murder, mayhem, aggravated mayhem and torture, along with special circumstance allegations of the murder involving torture and mayhem. Those special allegation charges make him eligible for the death penalty.

Investigators said the model and mother of a then 2-month-old baby had been found in her bed, apparently suffering from blunt force trauma to the head.

Authorities said Kasian was tortured and mutilated before she was killed and all of her blood was drained from her body.

Graphic details in the recently released report also indicate that her scalp was missing, leaving her skull fully exposed. Her scalp was never found.

The report indicates the scalp had been cut at the back of her head, but in other areas it appeared to have been ripped away. The report also stated portions of the right side of her face were torn off, including her right ear.

There was also an injury to her jaw, which the report said appeared to be human bite marks.

Kasian's mother Olga filed a $56 million wrongful death lawsuit against Leibel. She is now the guardian of Kasian and Leibel's 1-year-old daughter.

Leibel is also reported to have inherited millions from his late mother's estate.

http://abc13.com/grisly-details-revealed-in-models-2016-murder/2442213/

Iana-Kasian-e1464557981946.jpg

I heard about this one long time ago
He was doing DRUGS Yes and lots of them
Meth.crack.etc bottom line
He was on Howard stern he was telling how he blanked out
And found her dead he says he loved her etc..
Its the drugs on 98 percent of these crimes we read here ....
And remember not all pot is the same .
And not all people can smoke pot and be mellow its so much stronger now and much is laced with other shit ...be care full

And not all people can smoke pot and be mellow its so much stronger now and much is laced with other shit ...be care full
This is why I grow my own.
I want to know what's been sprayed on mine.

Blanked out? He blanked out the fact that he ripped half of her face off of her skull?

A Los Angeles judge has ordered a graphic novelist from a wealthy Canadian family to pay $41.6 million to the family of his slain fiancee, whom he brutally tortured and killed in 2016 just weeks after their daughter was born.

Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Bobbi Tillmon delivered the verdict after a bench trial in the wrongful-death lawsuit filed by Iana Kasian’s family against Blake Leibel, who carried out the gruesome slaying using a book he worked on years earlier as a blueprint.

Leibel, who is imprisoned in Tehachapi, did not attend the trial, Finkel added, nor did an attorney or family member on his behalf.

"Kasian's entire scalp was traumatically absent and was not found, was not present with the body. Her skull had been stripped down to the surface of the bone … There was no scalp present except for little bits in the back of the neck... portions of the right side of her face were torn away including the right ear and part of the posterior face on the (right) side, all the way down to the jawline... there were quite a number of bruises and abrasions on the face, primarily on the left side, the left cheek, and left jaw area, a number of bruises and abrasion, including one which turned out to be a human bite mark... she had lived for at least eight hours approximately after receiving the scalp injury and the bruise to the collarbone... I have never seen this before. And I doubt if hardly any forensic pathologists in this country or abroad have even seen this outside of, perhaps, wartime... So it's extremely rare..."
— Dr. James Ribe, Los Angeles County Coroner's Office

Kasian's naked body was lying on a clean sheet and was covered by a red Mickey Mouse blanket over a blue polka dotted blanket. Her head was on a pillow. Her scalp had been removed. There was another pillow to her left with an indentation on it. There were dried bloodstains on the mattress beneath the clean sheet.
People v. Leibel, B291049, 8 (Cal. Ct. App. Apr. 29, 2020)

Bloodstains and human flesh were found behind the bed and bloodstains were on the wall near where Kasian's head had been. A portion of an eyebrow was found on the floor near the bed, and there were bloodstains on the mattress of a second bed, a side table, and in other parts of the bedroom. The mattress that had been blocking the door to the master bedroom belonged to a second bed in that bedroom, and it too had bloodstains, including one large one. There was a clump of hair and a bloodstained razor in a trash can.
People v. Leibel, B291049, 8 (Cal. Ct. App. Apr. 29, 2020)

Chief Medical Examiner for the Los Angeles County Coroner, Jonathan Lucas, reviewed the file and photographs of Kasian's autopsy, which was performed by Dr. Ribe, a medical examiner who had retired. Dr. Lucas testified that the time of her death, Kasian was 30 years old, five feet four inches tall, and weighed 152 pounds. She was dead for at least a day before she was examined, which was about 10 or 11 hours after her body was found. The cause of her death was blood loss due to head trauma that cut or tore several arteries and veins. Blood loss is fatal when half the body's original blood volume is lost, and just half or less than half of Kasian's original blood volume was still in her body. It is not possible to drain all the blood from a human body.

Kasian's entire scalp had been removed from the eyebrows almost to the hairline in the back of her head, and a large portion of skin on the right side of her face had also been removed. Skull bone was visible, as all the tissue over the top of her head had been removed. There were cuts across the lower forehead below the eyebrows, on the right side from the cheek to the jaw line, and on the left side toward the ear, which was missing. A bladed instrument had been used to remove the skin, but some tissue in the face had been torn away manually. Based on the amount of injury to Kasian's face and skull, the difficulty involved the combination of cutting and tearing, it was Dr. Lucas's opinion that this series of injuries would have taken a substantial period of time to inflict.

The injuries Dr. Lucas observed would have been very painful to Kasian, and he found indications on the body that supported a finding that the victim was alive during the infliction of her injuries. Inflammation of the injured tissue was present. Inflammation usually begins a minimum of six hours after injury, and occurs only if the body is alive and pumping blood. Pieces of the scalp, the right ear, an eyebrow, and other soft tissue collected from the crime scene showed hemorrhaging, which was also consistent with Kasian being alive at the time they were cut from her body. In addition, more than half of the blood in Kasian's body was missing, and there was no blood in her heart, veins, or arteries. Dr. Lucas found this absence of blood in Kasian's body to be highly unusual, even in light of her injuries, and such a high level of exsanguination required the heart to be pumping blood, as gravity alone would not have been sufficient.

Dr. Lucas opined that the bloodletting could have been accomplished by placing Kasian in a bathtub with her head lower than her feet, with water running over her scalped head and ear. The water would have washed away the blood in the open areas, increased blood flow, and hindered any type of clotting from occurring in the injured areas. Dr. Lucas's findings and observations were also consistent with Kasian's body being placed on a clean bed sheet after she was washed and dead. The wrinkling of the pads of Kasian's fingers, the absence of blood, the presence of clear fluid in her vagina, and the presence of foam in her nostrils were consistent with her having been submerged in water for at least 30 minutes. Being found on clean sheets is consistent with her having been washed and dead before being placed there.

Dr. Lucas observed defensive wounds on Kasian's right arm and both hands. There were bruises on the back of her left hand and wrist consistent with her having struggled, blocked, or fought back. There were abrasions and bruising on the left side of Kasian's face, consistent with blunt force trauma. There were abrasions on the upper neck, as well as abrasions and bruising on the left upper arm, left wrist, and hand. The bruising on the left upper arm was consistent with her having been grabbed there. There were human bite marks on Kasian's left jaw and left bicep, and fingernail marks under her jawline.

Michael Habib, testified as an expert in human cadaveric anatomy and fluid biomechanics (including blood flow in the human body). He was an assistant professor of integrative anatomical science at the University of Southern California school of medicine, where he was the director for human cadaveric anatomy, and in charge of the cadavers used in the instruction of medical students. Dr. Habib had reviewed the autopsy report and photographs, crime scene photographs, and medical literature involving scalping. Based on the medical literature, Dr. Habib determined that even in cases of complete scalping, victims were not usually in immediate danger of dying. The scalping would be very painful and traumatic, but would not ordinarily lead to an enormous amount of blood loss, and Dr. Habib found no case in the literature of death by scalping alone. Indeed, most patients were able to get themselves to the hospital.

In Dr. Habib's opinion, the injuries suffered by Kasian, which resulted in the removal of more than 80 percent of her scalp, would have been excruciatingly painful, and judging from the different sorts of cut and torn edges, her scalp was not removed all at once but by means of numerous cuts and tears over time. The injuries were also consistent with the initial use of a sharp instrument to cut the scalp and then the use of fingers to remove the remaining parts of the scalp. The deeper wounds that damaged the vessels and would have caused most of the blood loss, appeared to be the torn ones. They were very ragged and uneven, with variable depths, consistent with the work of a person untrained in dissection and anatomy. The presence of hemorrhaging in the edges showed Kasian was still alive and actively bleeding at the time the wounds were made.

Thankfully his appeal was denied and this monster will rot in prison.

Back