• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I guess he really didn't rush .
I thought the delay might have been while he cleaned the boy up a bit and tried to get the mom to take the boy to the hospital. After the delay, he did finally rush him to the hospital.]
[doublepost=1499956615,1490158410][/doublepost]http://www.thespectrum.com/story/ne...gious-toquerville-child-abuse-case/468656001/
Brandy Kay Jaynes, 36, appeared in 5th District Court on Tuesday to waive her preliminary hearing. She's charged with three second-degree felony counts of intentional child abuse, and the case will advance next week when she will either plead guilty or not guilty to the charges brought against her in January.
Defense attorney Edward Flint said Jaynes would like to negotiate a plea deal in the case, adding that he "doesn't know" why the state has not yet made an offer.

"As far as my client is concerned, if the state isn't going to offer anything, we should go to trial," he said. "I'll see how she feels."

Flint said Jaynes continues to feel "tortured" in her current situation, adding that media coverage of the events are hurting her children and family.

“(Jaynes) does not want to hurt (her family) anymore. I don't know why the state is unwilling to negotiate.”
The state has not yet made an offer in the case, and Deputy County Attorney Angie Reddish-Day said she firmly believes Jaynes has not been "undercharged."

"I believe that what she is charged with is what she is guilty of, and that she should take accountability for all the charges she's been charged with," Reddish-Day said.
[...]
Read more at the link.

Flint said Jaynes continues to feel "tortured" in her current situation, adding that media coverage of the events are hurting her children and family.

Should have thought of your family and children earlier, you know, when your were torturing and starving one of them. Get over yourself, Bitch, you did it, you need to live it for awhile, at least until you can't use your legs anymore, but unfortunately our justice system can't torture you to the extent you tortured your own child.

She still don't get it, does she?:banghead:

More details on why the father was charged with child abuse.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...aciated-boy-now-faces-child-abuse-charge.html
As for Russell Jaynes' alleged involvement, prosecutors say he was reckless for not acting sooner or seeking medical attention. After getting his son out of the bathroom, Russell Jaynes allegedly drove around for hours, checking into a hotel and bathing his son, and then went to his father's house in Cedar City asking what he should do before taking the boy to the hospital, Reddish-Day said.

But Russell Jaynes has been cooperative during the investigation and has shown extreme remorse, according to Reddish-Day. He was allowed to visit his son in the hospital and started developing a bond with him that they hadn't had before, she said.

The boy was recently released from the hospital and placed in foster care. Reddish-Day called him a "funny" and "engaging" child who is "thriving" now that he is back in school and in a regular environment.

The boy still suffers from his years of alleged abuse, however. When he was found, the boy was unable to walk. Reddish-Day said he still has trouble with the use of his limbs. He also has not been in school since second grade and still functions on a second-grade level
[...]

Seems like the father is a total wuss who didn't try hard enough to see his son until it was too late, and even then couldn't decide what to do.
[doublepost=1499961604,1499959986][/doublepost]
She still don't get it, does she?:banghead:
Here is an example of her cluelessness.
One of the many news links mentioned that during a jail phone call, Brandy laughed (one assumes in happy anticipation) when she told her mother she was contacted by People magazine and Dr. Phil. Claimed she was offered $100,000.
The prosecution stated concerns that she might profit from her crime.
I'll post a link when I find it, but ran out of free visits to the newspaper site.

And the reason she is so tortured by her jail situation is that she is kept in the jail booking area. The jailer says there is no where else to put her aside from gen pop. She has access to shower, but stuck with a hard cot I suppose. :meh:

Put her dumb ass in gen pop then

and let all the women prisoners who are missing their babies show her what it feel like to be tortured and starved.

As for People magazine if they pay that bitch one cent for "her story" I promise to never read another one. That money should be put up for his education, or just for ice creams if he wants one.

The prison she is placed in should be the same one she created for her son. It is rich that she claimed she was overwhelmed when she refused the schools offer to test the young man. Her pulling him out of school makes me wonder if he really had problems to begin with.
brandy-jaynes-mug.png

Last edited:
for nearly a year has pleaded guilty to child abuse charges Tuesday.

Brandy Jaynes was charged with three counts of intentional child abuse causing serious injury back in March.

Doctors say, while the boy was kept in the bathroom, he lost the use of his legs.

The 12-year-old couldn’t walk in the small room and doctors say that continued for a time while he was in the hospital.

Officials said the boy was extremely malnourished and weighed only 30 pounds when he was found.

Washington County Lt. David Crouse said, “The child looked like he was the victim of a concentration camp from World War II.”

Authorities have charged the boy’s father, Russell Jaynes, with felony child abuse.

Brandy is due back in court for sentencing Aug. 28.
http://fox13now.com/2017/07/18/southern-utah-mom-accused-of-starving-son-pleads-guilty-to-child-abuse-charges/[/URL]

Let her make an ass of herself in the media and television.
... The money can be put in a fund for that kid as restitution for being a cunt. (just a thought)

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/08/...-attorney-says-ahead-of-sentencing-hearingbr/
A Toquerville mother who locked her severely malnourished 12-year-old son in a bathroom for up to a year was sentenced Monday to serve three consecutive sentences of one to 15 years in prison for child abuse.

Fifth District Judge Eric Ludlow sentenced Brandy K. Jaynes to up to 45 years in prison Monday afternoon, according to a report from The Spectrum and Daily News, after attorneys argued about her level of remorse
[....]
“She did horrible things to me, but she’s still my mom,” the boy wrote. “I feel safe now. I started feeling safe when I got away from her.”

A pre-sentence report said Jaynes has shown no remorse for her actions, but defense attorney Edward Flint countered she “has great sorrow, remorse and concern” for that boy, as well as for her other two children.

Flint wrote in a sentencing memorandum filed last week with 5th District Judge Eric Ludlow that the Adult Probation and Parole (APP) interviewer never asked BrandyJaynes questions about her son. Flint asked the judge to strike that portion of the APP report.

Flint urged the judge to take into account a letter Brandy Jaynes wrote to the court, in which she admitted that she “screwed up by not getting help” and apologized “to everyone I have hurt.”
[....]
After an investigation, Russell Jaynes was charged with third-degree felony reckless child abuse, accused of not intervening sooner regarding his son’s care. He is expected to be in court again Sept. 19, when he may resolve his case, according to court records.
[....]
Flint noted that Brandy Jaynes’ prison sentence means the state will seek to permanently terminate her parental rights. If she were granted probation, there would have been a possibility of having her children in her life, Flint said.

The couple’s children are in state custody.

The kids are in state custody? Wonder why the dad hasn't stepped up to take care of his own kids, or the grandparents, or somebody.

sentenced Monday to serve three consecutive sentences of one to 15 years in prison for child abuse.

sentenced Brandy K. Jaynes to up to 45 years in prison
Thats very vague.
The kids are in state custody? Wonder why the dad hasn't stepped up to take care of his own kids, or the grandparents, or somebody.
Because he's busy right now.
Russell Jaynes was charged with third-degree felony reckless child abuse, accused of not intervening sooner regarding his son’s care. He is expected to be in court again Sept. 19

I don't think we should be to Hard on the dad. Some parents make it impossible for the other parent to see their children. She home schooled this child too, so I think it's safe to assume that she wasn't giving access to anyone, including dad. I think he was right to clean his son up and go to his fathers house ... anyone facing this kind of situation would probably need support. I'm glad he found it at his dads house.

I don't think we should be to Hard on the dad. Some parents make it impossible for the other parent to see their children. She home schooled this child too, so I think it's safe to assume that she wasn't giving access to anyone, including dad. I think he was right to clean his son up and go to his fathers house ... anyone facing this kind of situation would probably need support. I'm glad he found it at his dads house.
Except the defense keeps claiming dad lived on the property and knew. Then they say the parents were separated, but he was on the property. . I'm waiting for details and clarity.
And this rubbish about homeschooling... These abusive parents claim homeschooling, maybe they get a couple books, then they throw the kids in a closet like old boots.

Last edited:
And this rubbish about homeschooling... These parents claim homeschooling, maybe they get a couple books, then they throw the kids in a closet like old boots.

On the property doesn't mean in the house and aware of the situation.

And my point about home schooling is Schools are mandated reporters ... Lots of parents pull

their kids from school and "home school" them to hide abuse.

This story made me sick. I'm glad the boy is doing well. I'm still confused on what the whole story with the dad is. Guess we will find out when he goes to court.

Didn't one of the articles say the custody issue was being seen in family court? Maybe dad is fighting for custody but until the courts decide the children are under state custody.

I'm still confused on what the whole story with the dad is. Guess we will find out when he goes to court.
I think he's weak and let himself be bulldozed by his wife because he wanted to believe there wasn't a problem. Another Spectrum article said "Officials said that Jaynes “continually lied” to Russell and prevented him from seeing the boy for more than a year-- by making verbally violent threats and excuses." But Dad still didn't force his way into the child's room to check on him until he was almost dead. Weird.

http://www.thespectrum.com/story/ne...aynes-sentenced-up-45-years-prison/607133001/
"It's impossible to put a shine on this case," [defense attorney] Flint said. "It's baffling that the family members didn't do anything."

Flint said there were countless times the victim's father, who's also been charged with reckless child abuse in the third degree, was aware of the situation and didn't do anything to follow up and could have checked on the victim sooner.

[Judge Eric] Ludlow asked Flint if he was attempting to "shift the blame" on Jaynes' family members, but Flint argued that Brandy fell into an addiction of heroin and methamphetamine for at least four months before the victim was found by the father.
[...]
Flint made note that neither the state nor the defense know much about what exactly was going on before the months leading up to the boy's release from the bathroom.

During her statement, Ludlow asked [Deputy County Attorney Angie] Reddish-Day what the state believed her motive was. Reddish-Day said there's no way to know, but details about the family dynamic came to light during her investigation, including how Jaynes had developed a parent-child relationship with her other two children, and that she was a "master manipulator" when it came to other members of the family.

Reddish-Day said the victim's father, Russel Jaynes, was continually lied to and was physically and verbally barred from seeing his son for over a year.

“It's extraordinary this victim survived this.”
According to Reddish-Day, the victim's mother would make excuses for why he wouldn't come out of his room, and since his father worked full-time, he "believed everything was fine."

Detectives also discovered several handwritten notes addressed to the victim at the crime scene, and when Ludlow asked Jaynes about them, she said it wasn't her handwriting. Jaynes denied further addressing the court.

"Frankly, I don't understand the motive for why this child was treated the way he was," Ludlow said. "The state of living and accommodations for this young man were disgusting and unsafe. No child should be subjected to live in the conditions he had to live in."

[...]

It appears dad may have been in the house. Some articles state her lawyer said he lived there but I don't know if that's true. I couldn't find an answer either way. However; if dad lived at the house you would think he would have more charges. The wording is so confusing so it's hard to tell if he lived in the home or not.

Here is some additional info I found.

"Jaynes had kept her husband and her own mother away from the boy and routinely made excuses why he wouldn’t come downstairs, Reddish-Day said. She also physically blocked attempts to go upstairs and see the boy.

Reddish-Day called Jaynes a “master manipulator” for being able to keep other family members away, as well as seemingly brainwashing the other children into thinking their brother deserved the treatment he recieved.

Eventually Russell Jaynes, the boy’s father, took his son from the home, cleaned him up, and then took him to Dixie Regional Medical Center for care.

For not acting sooner, Russell Jaynes has been charged with a lesser felony of child abuse for neglect. He has nonetheless been cooperative with authorities concerning the case."

https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/a...-in-prison-for-child-abuse-case/#.WapDYL0pDqA

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: It isn't a surprise, but maddening anyway. She's appealing her sentence!

https://www.deseretnews.com/article...ed-in-severe-abuse-case-appeals-sentence.html

A Toquerville woman convicted in a high-profile child abuse case is appealing her sentence.

Brandy K. Jaynes, 36, pleaded guilty in August to three counts of intentional child abuse causing serious injury, a second-degree felony.

[...]
Based on the boy's mental and physical development when he was found, prosecutors believe he could have been locked up anywhere four to eight years.

Jaynes pleaded guilty to each of the counts, apparently hoping the judge would have some leniency if she took responsibility for what she did.

But 5th District Judge Eric Ludlow essentially threw the book at Jaynes, sentencing her to three consecutive terms of one to 15 years in the Utah State Prison, the maximum possible penalty.

[...]
Jaynes' attorney, however, argued at sentencing that what his client did should have been considered as one continuous criminal event, and not three separate charges or three different acts of abuse.

Jaynes made a brief court appearance Tuesday, claiming she was indigent and needed a court-appointed attorney for her appeal.

[...]

https://www.deseretnews.com/article...ille-boy-pleads-guilty-sentenced-to-jail.html
11 April 2018
SALT LAKE CITY — The father of a 12-year-old boy locked in a bathroom for at least a year, and possibly longer, pleaded guilty Tuesday in a severe abuse case that garnered international attention.

In a surprise plea deal, Russell Orin Jaynes, 41, of Toquerville, pleaded guilty in 5th District Court to child abuse, a third-degree felony.

While Jaynes "did not directly engage in the infliction of injury, (he) recklessly failed to protect the child for more than a year preceding the child's removal from the home," according to court documents Jaynes signed as part of his guilty plea.

As part of the deal, Jaynes agreed to be taken immediately into custody following the hearing to serve one year in Washington County Jail, court records state. Upon his release he must complete three years of probation.
[...]
Prosecutors called the woman a "master manipulator" who was able to keep both her husband and her own mother away from the room that her son was locked in. Russell Jaynes said he hadn't seen his son in a year until he finally picked the lock on the bathroom door when his wife was gone and found his son lying on the floor unable to move.

But rather than take his son directly to a hospital or call police, Jaynes drove around for hours, checking into a hotel and bathing his son, and then went to his father's house in Cedar City asking what he should do. When he was originally charged, prosecutors called his actions "reckless," but not malicious like his wife.

.[...]

But rather than take his son directly to a hospital or call police, Jaynes drove around for hours, checking into a hotel and bathing his son, and then went to his father's house in Cedar City asking what he should do. When he was originally charged, prosecutors called his actions "reckless," but not malicious like his wife.

Cane him, too.

Back