• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Searched Forums by names did not locate

The alarming signs about Cynthia Khaleel were piling up.

The state had put two nephews in her care, and one of them, 5-year-old Gary, came to school near Spokane with his face covered in scratches and bruises. Chattaroy Elementary staffers suspected abuse, and called the Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS).

Khaleel, then in her late 20s, was furious. She cursed out a counselor and was banned from school grounds unless security was present. The principal considered Khaleel “hotter than a pistol.”

She was overwhelmed and undersupported, school staffers told DSHS. Both nephews had profound special needs, and Khaleel was also raising three young children of her own — essentially as a single mother, with a military husband stationed far away.

Yet across the state in a Port Angeles courtroom, DSHS was fighting a prolonged battle to place another child, Gary’s younger sister, with Khaleel.

Two months after a commissioner gave the OK — and four months after the school’s report of suspected abuse — an emergency crew found Gary lying inert in his bed.

Helicoptered to the hospital in April 2015, he had bruises all over his body and skull fractures suggesting a severe blow. He suffered a massive stroke and brain injury, and died soon after.

Khaleel told a detective she found Gary lying on the floor earlier in the morning and put him back to bed — a scenario the medical examiner found inconsistent with Gary’s injuries.

Khaleel, now 30, stands charged with second-degree murder. She has pleaded not guilty and is scheduled to go on trial in June. Out on bail, she could not be reached for comment.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ed-of-murder-dshs-accused-of-critical-errors/

The article goes on to list DSHS failure to protect or provide adequate interventions for this child. While I think it is possible the Aunt was overwhelmed she could have requested the child or both children be removed from her home.

DSHS-780x714.jpg

Exactly. She didn't have to accept these kids into her home. Heinous bitch.

And wtf besides goldfish is on that kids plate?

I don't get it. If she was so overwhelmed why didn't she just tell them she couldn't take care of the children? Let alone be part of another battle to have another child placed with her.

She has three kids of her own, wasn't that enough for her? Was she keeping the children out of spite?

None of this makes any sense to me. Don't take in children you can't care for. If she felt she could handle it, and found she couldn't then she should've immediately given them up. On the same token the moment DHS was called for the bruises, they should've removed the children themselves.

Fucked up all around.

Last edited:
Do you have the option of refusing the care of a child who is placed with you by state order? I don't know how that works. Whatever - the state shouldn't have been trying to push more kids on her with the reports and investigations already going on. The fault is mostly with her of course but it sounds like a couple of different departments of DHS didn't know what the others were doing.

The money she was getting per kid is about 1.200 a month They don't look to me like they are that disabled ..!! She's more disabled then the poor kids
She did it for the money. Not the kids

June 21, 2018

Mind blown!

A Spokane jury has acquitted a Chattaroy woman charged in the death of her adoptive 5-year-old nephew.

The Spokesman-Review reports 31-year-old Cynthia Khaleel was found not guilty Tuesday of second-degree murder in the April 2015 death of Gary Blanton III.

Investigators charged Khaleel based on medical reviews that determined the boy's skull fracture was too severe to have been caused by a fall from climbing on a crib.

In court arguments, Martin claimed that the stresses of caring for six children was too much for Khaleel and she lost her temper before attacking her nephew.

Defense attorney Bevan Maxey says the jury considered the evidence, which did not support the allegations.

http://www.khq.com/story/38463916/spokane-jury-acquits-woman-charged-in-nephews-death

thanks TSG, that is so much insane bullshit, she should have gone down for murder not coddled & acquitted. she was keeping them as money making tokens and never should have had one let alone all of them. This is a compete obscene miscarriage of justice. What type of kool aid do they give the jurors to come up with crap like this?

How does the word “acquitted” fit into this article?? Some dumb ass pitiful MFs made this shit happen. They might as well have attacked the child themselves. No justice. I don’t care how it happens, but she needs to die. TODAY

Back