• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Johnson City man used a machete to attack his mother’s boyfriend Thursday in the Tree Streets area during a fight over a bothersome cat, police said Friday.

About 2 p.m., police were called to 107 E. Locust St., Apt. 2, where they found Brian Collins standing in the apartment’s doorway with an extremely bloody towel over his left shoulder, Johnson City Police Department patrolman Adam Miller said in a court record. Collins also had a large gash on his left leg that was bleeding profusely.

Collins told police his girlfriend’s son, Jeremy Murray, had attacked him with a machete, injuring him several times. Emergency Medical Services took Collins to Johnson City Medical Center for treatment of what Miller described as non-life-threatening injuries.

Sara Murray, who is Collins’ girlfriend and Jeremy Murray’s mother, told police her son was visiting the apartment and suddenly became enraged over the cat bothering him. Collins told Miller he tried to get the woman’s son to leave the residence when he pulled out a large machete and attacked him. After cutting Collins several times, Jeremy Murray ran out the door with the machete, so Collins held the door shut while his girlfriend called 911.

The woman told police she stood between the two men when her son pulled out the machete, but she fell backward and did not see the fight. When she got back up, Collins had already closed the door.

Police found Jeremy Murray at his residence at 157 Garden Drive a short time later. He still had traces of Collins’ blood on his clothing. Police said the man admitted to attacking Collins, claiming it was self-defense since Collins was kicking him out of the apartment.

1701611416863.jpeg
Jeremy-Lewis-Murray.jpg

Sentence End Date:02/09/2021

Last edited:
Ahh yess we all carry machete's for self defense of course. Mine is in my back pocket right now alongside my trusty hand grenade and step ladder. Never know when your going to need these useful items.

Spray him purple and that crackpot could be a dead ringer for Sinestro from the Green Lantern comics.

So where does one keep a large machete that no one notices it?
A magic anus?

Can you really claim self defence when you attack someone with a machete because you were asked to leave?

Can you really claim self defence when you attack someone with a machete because you were asked to leave?
One can claim it, but that claim has to pass what is usually known as the "reasonable person" test before the jury; i.e., is that the way a reasonable person would behave in those circumstances.

There is only a minuscule chance of this particular claim being successful, though, because generally the use of deadly force in self-defense is reserved for those situations in which the actor apprehends a danger of imminent death or serious physical injury through another's threatened or actual use of unlawful physical force. Being asked to leave a place, being required to leave a place, does not rise to that level of chance; for that matter, in most cases a trespasser may be ejected by the use of such force as is reasonably necessary to compel their departure.

NB: I am not a lawyer nor do I play one on stage, screen, or TV.

--Al

One can claim it, but that claim has to pass what is usually known as the "reasonable person" test before the jury; i.e., is that the way a reasonable person would behave in those circumstances.

There is only a minuscule chance of this particular claim being successful, though, because generally the use of deadly force in self-defense is reserved for those situations in which the actor apprehends a danger of imminent death or serious physical injury through another's threatened or actual use of unlawful physical force. Being asked to leave a place, being required to leave a place, does not rise to that level of chance; for that matter, in most cases a trespasser may be ejected by the use of such force as is reasonably necessary to compel their departure.

NB: I am not a lawyer nor do I play one on stage, screen, or TV.

--Al

I am torn between "Good to know" and "Funny", and "Thanks" just is not strong enough. So here is a reply, instead.

Reactions: Alf
What the hell did Collins do to get him to leave that warranted a machete attack, pull an Uzi on him?

Back