• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Two men - both Tiger Transit employees - are charged in the sexual assault of an 18-year-old Auburn University student.

The Auburn Police Department on Monday announced the arrests of James Don Johnson, 32, and Tony Martin Patillo, 51. Both men are charged with first-degree rape and first-degree sodomy in connection with the attack that happened Friday night on the campus shuttle.

Authorities provided this account of what happened: About 11:50 p.m. Friday, Auburn police received a report of a man exposing himself while standing over a female in the 700 block of Aspen Heights Lane in Auburn. Officers arrived on the scene and found Patillo near the roadway and detained him.

They weren't, however, able to find the female at the time of the initial report. Patillo was arrested on four counts of public lewdness and taken to the Lee County Jail.

As the investigation continued, detectives determined that the female, who "appeared to be incapacitated," got on the bus near Magnolia Avenue in Auburn. While on the bus, she was sexually assaulted by Patillo, an employee of First Transit which operates Tiger Transit.

Further investigation showed that Johnson, who was driving the bus, engaged in actions to perpetuate the crime while Patillo was in the rear of the bus raping the victim. Patillo later exited the bus near Aspen Heights Lane with the female victim, and it was at that point he was seen by passersby standing over her.

Police said they were ultimately able to identify, locate and interview the 18-year-old victim.

The suspects were employees of First Transit, the contractor hired by Auburn to provide late night transportation service for students. The contractor is required to conduct thorough background checks on its employees and has terminated the employment of both suspects. We are evaluating the future of the university's relationship with First Transit.

23449048-mmmain.jpg

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/i...pe_suspects_ad_for_bu.html#incart_river_index

Damn.
Shuttle bus to get you there and back safely.
I smell a juicy lawsuit a comin'

That poor girl though.
Hell of a way to start school.
I hope she gets a lot of compassionate help and this does not sideline her hopes and dreams.

These animals really thought out their perfect crime...not.
I would flaming tire necklace these a-holes

It sounds like they would've gotten away with it had it not been for those witnesses, because I'm not sure the victim would've remembered what happened. I don't remember the buses at my uni running that late, but maybe they did. I do remember going to a frat party where all, and I mean every fucking one, the "men" got so wasted they all passed out or were completely useless and one of their girlfriends had to take all of us women back to the dorms by curfew. That curfew was probably midnight which is why the buses didn't run late.

Former Tiger Transit driver Tony Martin Patillo, who was convicted of the rape and sodomy of an 18-year-old Auburn student, was sentenced to 255 months (a little more than 21 years )in prison.

Patillo was found guilty of first-degree rape and first-degree sodomy charges as well as public lewdness charge in a trial that lasted about a week.

Back