• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

EchaSez

Hope is the thing with feathers.
taylor24n.jpg

Xavier Taylor refused to accept full responsibility for causing a crash that left three children dead in Texas.
(DALLAS COUNTY JAIL)
Xavier Taylor is defending his actions in a fatal crash that claimed the lives of three children, ranging in age from 11 to 3 years old, according to the Dallas Morning News.

During closing arguments in his trial earlier this week, the 24-year-old claimed he "was pressed for time" when the accident occurred.

"It wasn't my choice to speed, ma'am," he told prosecutor Jennifer Balido. "I was trying to get to the car dealership on time." (:shifty: well, by all means, set him free, now...)

At the time, the Dallas Morning News reported that Taylor was driving a loaner vehicle while his was at the dealership being worked on.

The facility warned that if he didn't wash the borrowed vehicle and fill up the gas tank he'd be fined $300.

Taylor reportedly testified before the court that he saw Marciela Mendoza's car pull out in front of him and acted appropriately.

"When I seen her pull out in front of me, I slowed down. I slammed on my breaks," he claimed.

The driver, whom authorities determined was going about 73 mph in a 35 mph zone when the crash impact occurred, admitted that he now knows his speed was "going to put lives in danger."

Seconds before he made contact with Mendoza's vehicle, the Dallas Morning News reported that he was going 98 mph. Investigators determined that one second before impact Taylor's car was travelling at 86 mph...

His attorney, George Ashford, repeatedly reminded the court that what occurred was "an accident,"...

...Taylor's in-court commentary isn't the first time he's attempted to pin the blame on Mendoza.

Dallas police told the Dallas Morning News he suggested that she "use better judgement" at the hospital after the crash. :mad:

Taylor also claimed he was travelling between 45 and 50 mph when the crash occurred.

The accident claimed the lives of three of Mendoza's four children.

Pamela Maritza Mendoza, 11, Bryan Alexander Mendoza, 7, and Lizbeth Edith Mendoza, 3, were all killed on impact.

Dulce Mendoza, the eldest of the four siblings, recalled the moments after the crash vividly in court.

"I just heard my mom scream," she said, adding that the car was spinning immediately after Taylor collided with their red Dodge Stratus.

The 14-year-old said she felt immense pressure on her body, telling the court, "I couldn't breathe."

Once the car was still, Dulce said she looked behind her at her brother and sister. She told those present she knew Pamela was dead the moment she touched her.

Taylor was arrested nearly one week after the accident occurred. He was taken to Dallas County Jail, where he's still being held on $300,000 bail...

...He reportedly has a history of vehicular infractions and has had his license suspended several times in recent years.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ther-judgement-crash-deaths-article-1.3435324

I want to smack that look off his face SO badly. I hope he does the maximum possible time in prison, and is sued for every penny he has in a civil suit.

Can't expect more from someone like this.
This isnt GTA and I hope he gets the maximum sentence. He murdered 3 babies becos he couldn't be bothered to be responsible.
Why did he even have a license?

he suggested that she "use better judgement" at the hospital after the crash.
I know some of you don't believe in capital punishment, but if I was the father of those kids, he would have earned the death sentence from that statement, no matter what the court decided.

Generally liability insurance follows the driver. So his own insurance policy would be what would pay for any bodily injury or property damage the victims incurred.

The car dealership's insurance would cover damage to their own property, the loaner vehicle.

All about him and to hell. with everyone and everything else.
Park a Buick on his throat

Wow. Just wow. So if I push him down the stairs, can I blame the hard floor for cracking his skull? IMHO he should use better judgement on the flooring he chooses to walk on, and who he lets stand behind him.

Makes just about as much sense. God, so entitled and arrogant.

Last edited:
1503526420-mendozas.JPG

Three of the Mendoza children were killed in the crash: 3-year-okd Lizbeth, 11-year-old Pamela and 7-year-old Bryan.

Xavier Taylor was convicted this week of three counts of criminally negligent homicide. He was tried on three counts of manslaughter, but a Dallas County jury found him guilty of the lesser charge.

The same Dallas jury sentenced Taylor on Wednesday to 10 years in prison in all three cases and issued him a $10,000 fine. The sentences will be served concurrently.

"What you just got is the guilt trip," defense attorney George Ashford told the jury after Cross' arguments.

Ashford said his client wasn't drinking or texting or on drugs at the time of the crash. He said Taylor doesn't have a prior criminal record or even prior speeding tickets, and a prison sentence would be too harsh.

"Is anything accomplished by punishment for punishment's sake?" Ashford asked. "Is a prison sentence going to make this family whole? No."

The hole in the Mendoza family was palpable during the sentencing portion of the trial.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cou...35-mph-zone-gets-10-years-crash-killed-3-kids

I guess the defense attorney thinks his client deserves a hug and cookie.

He reportedly has a history of vehicular infractions and has had his license suspended several times in recent years.

[His defense attorney] said Taylor doesn't have a prior criminal record or even prior speeding tickets, and a prison sentence would be too harsh.

So his license was suspended several times for bad registrations, tail lights , etc, and that should excuse him from prison? Because I see a history of stupid behavior leading up to this preventable tragedy.

Mr. Taylor is the kind of guy who will make a shiv in prison, store it in his ass crack, then stab someone with it and say "It's not my fault the blade went into him, he shouldn't have disrepected me."

Back