• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://nypost.com/2017/08/22/woman-who-survived-a-month-in-woods-was-on-meth-cops/

The former Hooters waitress who survived a month alone in the woods may have gotten lost because she was high on meth, police now say.

Student Lisa Theris was found wandering by a US highway caked in mud and covered in scratches after spending nearly four weeks alone in the forest.

Now the Mail Online reports how police think she may have gotten lost because she was high on drugs.

Cops suspect she may have been suffering from hallucinations brought on by taking meth.

And bizarrely, the two men she allegedly took drugs with were so sure the 25-year-old was dead, they started accusing each other of her murder.

Manly Davis, 31, and Randy Oswald, 36 — who were arrested after allegedly breaking into a hunting lodge in Midway — are understood to have been quizzed over her disappearance.

It was earlier alleged that Theris was with the men but did not want to be part of the robbery and ran into the forest to escape.

Reports also claim she emerged just two days after criminal charges against her were dropped when she was presumed dead, according to the Daily Mail.

Pictures show her body covered in bug bites after the legally blind radiology student struggled through the forest completely naked.

Snaps show how her skin was left cracked from dehydration after she drank muddy water and squeezed the moisture from her hair to stay alive.

But it has since been revealed how she started taking drugs in the months before her disappearance.

Questions are now being asked about her miraculous survival.

Davis is said to have told police she leaped out of their truck as they attempted to ram the metal entry gates and fled.

Oswald is reported to have told them Davis had shot the girl in the head, placed her body in a garbage bag and tossed it into a creek.

Bullock County Sheriff Raymond Rodgers told DailyMail.com: “They were so geeked out that they started blaming each other for a murder that didn’t happen.

“They were as relieved as we were when she walked out of those woods. They were thinking they killed her.”

He added: “We are thinking they were all pretty much on drugs.

“‘Me personally, I think she was on meth, she was hallucinating and she just got lost in the woods.”

Theris told NBC12: “I just did what I could. I just knew that when I was thirsty, I had to drink, no matter if the water was dirty or what.

“I had to get as much of it as possible. Sometimes it would make me very sick.”

She added: “I thank God for the berries. There were always pretty much berries.”

Theris hobbled through the vast wilderness barefoot for 25 days with the help of a staff she made from the roots of a tree as she searched for signs of civilization.

She said: “You can’t imagine how large of an area it was. I couldn’t believe it.

“I kept thinking I would find a person or a house, even if it was empty, but there was nothing.

“Nothing but nature. That’s it.”

Eventually the former Hooters waitress said she stumbled upon a main road, where she was rescued by a “wonderful” passing motorist from Florida, who gave her clothes and waited with her until help arrived.

Now recovering after having reportedly lost 40 pounds during her ordeal, Theris said: “I’m just so happy to be home and recuperating.

“I just thank everybody for the prayers and support. It means a lot.

“Just being out of those woods is just the most amazing thing.”

Theris is now limited in what she can tell reporters as there is an ongoing police investigation, NBC reports.

There was so much WTF I wanted to fit into this title but couldn't get it all in. Enjoy the stupidity of meth addicts.

Four weeks naked and barefoot in the woods? That seems improbable.

Last edited:
Your suppose to do hallucinogenic drugs and wander the desert not meth and wander in the woods. What the fuck is wrong with these people?

Your suppose to do hallucinogenic drugs and wander the desert not meth and wander in the woods. What the fuck is wrong with these people?
I don't recall seeing much desert the last time I was in Alabama. Maybe meth in the woods was as close as she could get to peyote in the desert.

--Al

So the meth head was a former Hooters waitress?

The article didn't make that clear enough.....
But Hooters doesn't exploit half dressed young women to sell chicken wings. I'm sure they don't hire meth heads either. :sarcasm:

Last edited:
My husband used to work as kitchen manager for Hooters, he would say a legally blind Hooter girl was about right.:rolleyes:

How can a legally blind person wait tables?
Depending on the impairment, a person could work in a restaurant. They only tossed out the ex -waitress detail because it was Hooters. They probably wouldn't mention it if she'd been a generic waitress at some diner.
(Although his vision was never good, my father worked as a chef until age 79 even though he became legally blind. He also cooked daily after retirement. As long as he knew where things were located, he had few problems but his vision was very dark and cloudy.)

The definition of legal blindness has more to do with obtaining benefits than severe vision impairment. This young woman could hold down a job but still have vision problems. She might also be gaming the system for college benefits. For example, her vision problems may prevent her from driving, but not stop her from working.
At this point her real life changing impairment appears to be meth.

"Legal blindness is a level of visual impairment that has been defined by law either to limit allowed activities (such as driving) for safety reasons or to determine eligibility for government-funded disability benefits in the form of educational, service, or monetary assistance."

Last edited:
Back