• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Victoria

Intrepid Sojourner
Bold Member!
Now I ask you, when you see a name like Wyndam don't you expect a to read about a bit of fuckery gone wrong?

A British man who worked in payroll for Oxford University is on the run with an American professor after a hairstylist was stabbed to death in the professor’s luxury Chicago apartment, police say.

Brit Andrew Warren, 56, and Northwestern University Associate Professor Wyndham Lathem, 42, are now on the run, Illinois authorities say, and a Cook County judge has issued arrest warrants for murder against the pair, WGN reported.

The pair are accused in the stabbing death of Michigan hairstylist Trenton Cornell-Duranleau, 26, in a luxury Chicago apartment building where Lathem lived.

Warren’s shocked and perplexed loved ones back in England are trying to figure out how he ended up in America with Lathem; they had reported him missing when he disappeared from his English home shortly before the homicide.

“Wanted for Murder by CPD – Our search will only intensify. Prof Latham & Mr Warren, do the right thing & turn yourself in to any police dept,” Anthony Guglielmi, Chicago police spokesman, wrote on Twitter.

Both Warren and Lathem work for prominent universities; Professor Lathem was a researcher into the “Black Death” plague at Northwestern, and Warren was linked to Oxford.

It’s not yet clear how Warren knew Lathem or Cornell-Duranleau.

According to CBS Local, Warren is “a senior treasury assistant at Somerville College, a part of the University of Oxford in Great Britain.” (The victim’s name was given as Trenton Cornell-Duranheau by many news sites, but his obituary spells it Duranleau).

Somerville College listed Andrew Warren as an employee but has now deleted his page from its website. He worked in payroll, according to UK Daily Mail.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/murder-warrants-issued-for-northwestern-professor-oxford-employee/

http://heavy.com/news/2017/08/andre...yndham-lathem-somerville-college-andy-photos/

Both Warren and Lathem work for prominent universities; Professor Lathem was a researcher into the “Black Death” plague at Northwestern, and Warren was linked to Oxford.

Maybe they had a scholarly argument pertaining to the Black Death, and someone became unhinged that their theory was challenged?

(I am guessing something kink related is more likely.)

Oh dear God, I can't stop staring at Wyndham Latham's snaggle tooth!

Also, he looks like his name is really Jim but decided he needed a name that "better suited" him-- and he fancies himself some sort of English noble or something.

This is totally a love triangle gone wrong.

Oh dear God, I can't stop staring at Wyndham Latham's snaggle tooth!

Also, he looks like his name is really Jim but decided he needed a name that "better suited" him-- and he fancies himself some sort of English noble or something.

This is totally a love triangle gone wrong.

Their "rent boy" threatened some blackmail?

I'll be glad when the stigma finally dies, and the opportunity for blackmail with it.

Phaggolas.

Threesome gone wrong
or
defending his lovers honour
or
extremely bad haircut

For "guys employed in decent careers
they are thick as bricks.

My money is on them being apprehended 2 states away and going quietly
as they only have a stabby stabby and not a bang bang.
Plus prison will be like Club Med to these guys

See the inner workings of the penal system
Make new friends
Develop calluses on the colon AND...
more dick and bum fun than a male figure skater convention.

Other than a few tears at trial and the ever popular
"how sorry I am " to the victims loved ones,
these fellows are going to have the time of their lives!

from @Victoria's link above:

In a bizarre twist, police said that on the day of the slaying, but before the body had been discovered, Lathem and Warren drove about 80 miles northwest to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, where one of them made a $1,000 cash donation to the public library there in Cornell-Duranleau's name. Lake Geneva police said the man making the donation did not give his name.

I think there's quite a story here, hopefully we'll learn it at some point.

So the two "fellas" fled to San Fran...

Yeah from here on out the jokes just write themselves.

Not sure if it's mentioned in any articles linked thus far, but one i read said it was a very gruesome and bloody crime scene and that the victims genitals had been mutilated.

Def sounds like some jealous love triangle or threesome gone wrong type of freaky gay shenanigans. Or who knows, maybe these guys were just outright sociopaths. You can never trust intellectuals, never, as they right out of the gate arent easy or even possible to relate to normally.

Now I ask you, when you see a name like Wyndam don't you expect a to read about a bit of fuckery gone wrong?

I dont get it. I just think of hotels.

trenton-e1501698722693.jpg
Trenton Cornell-Duranleau

Lathem’s attorney, Barry Sheppard, said he helped facilitate the professor’s surrender, and said he expects the man will waive extradition at his next court appearance, likely on Monday. The attorney said he last spoke with Lathem by phone.

“He sounded composed,” said Sheppard, whose son Adam Sheppard is also representing Lathem, along with a California-based attorney. He touted Lathem’s accomplishments as a microbiologist, and said he doesn’t know much about the case other than what’s been reported in the news.
“We hope that anyone who reads about the case doesn’t have a rush to judgment,” he said. “There’s a wide possibility of scenarios that could have occurred here.”

Lathem was booked into the Alameda County Jail. On Saturday night, Alameda County Sheriff’s Sgt. Ray Kelly said he didn’t think Lathem was having an easy time in jail.

“He’s not doing well, psychologically, in jail,” Kelly said. “We’re keeping an eye on

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...alif-after-fatal-stabbing-20170804-story.html

Am I suppose to feel sorry that this murderer is having a difficult time in jail. I am sure Trenton Cornell-Duranleau had a horrible time when this man murdered him.

Www.dailyherald.com/article/20170818/news/308189861

Autopsy results show a Chicago man who was slain in the apartment of a Northwestern University professor last month had methamphetamine in his system at the time.

The Cook County medical examiner’s office on Friday released the findings in the death of Trenton Cornell-Duranleau. The 26-year-old hair stylist’s body was found July 27. He was stabbed dozens of times.
]
Their "rent boy" threatened some blackmail?

I'll be glad when the stigma finally dies, and the opportunity for blackmail with it.
Or it was drug fueled mayhem, living out a sick fantasy. If it was blackmail, a simple garroting and hiding the body somewhere is a more sensible "solution".

2326247_1280x720.jpg

Professor killed boyfriend as part of sexual fantasy, prosecutors say

CHICAGO -- The fatal stabbing of a hairstylist in Chicago was part of a sexual fantasy hatched in an online chatroom between a Northwestern University professor and an Oxford University employee, whose plan included killing someone and then themselves, prosecutors told a Cook County judge Sunday at a bond hearing for the men.

An Illinois prosecutor shared disturbing new details about the July 27 slaying, describing to the court how Trenton James Cornell-Duranleau, the 26-year-old boyfriend of since-fired microbiology professor Wyndham Lathem, was stabbed 70 times at Lathem's Chicago condo and with such brutality that he was nearly decapitated. His throat was slit and pulmonary artery torn.

Lathem, 46, had communicated for months before with Andrew Warren, 56, about "carrying out their sexual fantasies of killing others and then themselves," Natosha Toller, an assistant Cook County state's Attorney, told the court. While the prosecutor used the plural in talking about the alleged fantasy to kill, she did not say there were other victims.

Judge Adam Bourgeois Jr. at one point shook his head in apparent disgust as he listened to the prosecutor offer a chilling narrative of the slaying. He later deemed both men potentially dangerous and flight risks, ordering them to remain in jail pending trial on first-degree murder charges.

"The heinous facts speak for themselves," he said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/wyndha...xual-fantasy-trenton-james-cornell-duranleau/

2326247_1280x720.jpg

... communicated for months ... about "carrying out their sexual fantasies of killing others and then themselves," ....
I remember when sexual fantasies where basically standard, like doing the hot twins next door or meeting your favorite celebrity in a hotel elevator who then takes you to their room (mine is Liv Tyler). Now sick fuckers get off planning their own deaths after having sweaty butt sex while drenched in the blood of their hairdresser.

Last edited:
Police are hunting an Oxford University staffer and Northwestern professor over a Chicago murder
Sounds like they were upstanding gentlemen until they went to Chicago.

*note to self
Stay out if Chicago.

The murder trial of a former Northwestern University professor accused of butchering his boyfriend during a twisted sexual fantasy is expected to begin Monday.

Jury selection and opening statements are scheduled to start Monday in the trial of Wyndham Lathem, a 47-year-old renowned microbiologist accused of stabbing boyfriend Trenton James Cornell-Duranleau in July 2017, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.
[....]

[....]
Jurors in Cook County deliberated less than two hours before returning the guilty verdict against Wyndham Lathem, 47, a renowned microbiologist whom Northwestern fired after he fled the Chicago area following the killing.

During nine days of testimony, prosecutors described Lathem as a coldblooded killer who stabbed defenseless 26-year-old Trenton James Cornell-Duranleau. Defense attorneys argued their client was a bystander framed by the actual killer, alleged co-conspirator Andrew Warren, a British national who pleaded guilty to his role in the slaying.
[....]

A British national was sentenced to 45 years in prison on Wednesday over the brutal 2017 co-murder of an acquaintance’s boyfriend.

Andrew Warren, 61, previously turned state’s evidence against his partner in the gruesome “snuff” fantasy crime that nearly left the victim without a head. The plea deal in which he agreed to testify against co-defendant Wyndham Lathem, 47, was cut in 2019.

The renowned microbiologist and former Northwestern University professor was sentenced to 53 years in prison late last month over the vicious stabbing death of 26-year-old Trenton Cornell-Duranleau.

Warren, in his bid for a lesser sentence during Lathem’s 2021 trial, said the scientist was the first to begin stabbing his own boyfriend, Cornell-Duranleau. Lathem, for his part, claimed to have hidden in the bathroom “like a coward” while Warren did most of the killing.

Jurors believed the out-of-towner–or at least the prosecution.

Per the terms of his deal, Warren also pleaded guilty to one charge of murder in the first degree. In exchange, Cook County prosecutors agreed to recommend a sentence of exactly 45 years in state prison. On Wednesday, a judge signed off on that agreement.
“I just want to say that I’m really so sorry,” Warren said, addressing the victim’s family in court. “That’s all I can say.”
Former Northwestern University professor Wyndham Lathem was sentenced to 53 years in prison Tuesday for what prosecutors called the thrill killing of his boyfriend in 2017.

Lathem was convicted of first-degree murder in October of last year of the 2017 stabbing death of his boyfriend, James Cornell-Duranleau.
1645142679204.png

Trenton James Cornell-Duranleau

Back