• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

EchaSez

Hope is the thing with feathers.
08/18/17

Ocean County, N.J., authorities are investigating the apparent domestic violence deaths of a couple, their 7-year-old son, and their dog, all killed Wednesday in Lacey Township.

Al Della Fave of the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office said it appeared the husband, 51, killed his wife, 48, and their son before taking his own life.

The wife, son, and their pet, a Welsh Corgi, were pronounced dead at the scene after investigators entered the home about 4 p.m.

The husband was taken to Jersey Shore University Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead a short time later. The names of the victims have not been released pending notification of next of kin, Della Fave said.

“At this time, the investigation is in its preliminary stages,” Della Fave said in a news release Thursday morning. “The one thing we can state definitively is that this event is over, contained, and presents absolutely no danger to the surrounding community.” He added that authorities were still working to confirm that no one else was involved.

Emergency vehicles arrived in the area of Nautilus Boulevard and Juniper Lane Wednesday afternoon and had the area blocked off into the night with law enforcement vehicles, including an SUV from the Ocean County Sheriff’s Office, APP.com reported.

Neighbors told APP.com that they were stunned. The man living in the house had lost his job recently, one neighbor said.

Authorities anticipate releasing more information when it is available.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/n...-shore-couple-son-and-dog-slain-20170817.html

I run a page on Facebook where I post bleak news articles and every Saturday I have Murder-Suicide Saturday. I search for "murder-suicide" on Google news and all of the articles posted there within the last 7 days get posted on my page. This week was a slow week; "only" nine murder-suicide articles were posted. Last week it was 20 articles. Twenty murder-suicide articles in one week! It's almost becoming an epidemic.

A friend of mine lost her parents to murder-suicide in 2010 and it seemed pretty unusual back then. Nowadays it's like, "Oh yeah, another one." Nine times out of 10, the perp is a man killing his wife/girlfriend/ex. Peppered throughout the standard-issue murder-suicides are familicides like this one in Lacey Township. Often the pet dogs ARE killed in those situations. It's frustrating and sad.

What kind of asshole kills a Corgi?
Cripes, that just isn't right.
Dog coulda been rehomed.

Aww hell wife and kid coulda been too for that matter.

I wonder if the reason is not out of malious, but to quiet the dog? Those situations where screaming and violence is happening has to stress out most dogs to a point where it's barking and running around, and out of frustration the shooter kills it?

Could be. I also imagine that some dogs might try to defend the family members being attacked. I once had a dog that would growl at my mom when she threatened, hit & yelled at me.

I assumed killing the family pet was just a part of the whole "my family can't/shouldn't live without me" mindset that made the person kill their family in the first place. If they consider the pet to be part of the family, then it gets included in the murder/suicide.

I assumed killing the family pet was just a part of the whole "my family can't/shouldn't live without me" mindset that made the person kill their family in the first place. If they consider the pet to be part of the family, then it gets included in the murder/suicide.
I hate that fucking mentality. So you believe you can't provide for your family, anymore? Then man up and take out a large life insurance policy and meet with an "accident". Don't punish them for your failures, asshole.

I suspect losing his job caused major depression. Still not a reason to kill his wife, child and pet.

Back