• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SimplySpaztastic

The above average, average girl
Bold Member!
205a2pg.jpg

2rcsiev.jpg

LEAVENWORTH, Kan. -- A civilian hospital employee was charged Thursday with setting a woman on fire on Fort Leavenworth in an effort to kill her, Acting U.S. Attorney Tom Beall said.

Clifford Currie, 54, Leavenworth, Kan., was charged with one count of assault with intent to commit murder. A criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Kansas City, Kan., alleged that Currie threw gasoline or some other inflammable liquid on his female supervisor, lit her on fire and assaulted her with a straight edge razor.

Another hospital worker came to the victim’s aid when she heard screams and saw the victim with fire covering her face, head and body. That woman told police that when she fell to the ground with the victim trying to put out the fire, that Currie put his foot on the victim's throat and tried to stab her.

While trying to stop Currie from continuing the assault on the victim, the woman was injured prosecutors say. Currie was subdued by hospital employees and then arrested.

At the time of his arrest, prosecutors say Currie made the statement that he would like to speak with an attorney and that he needed psychiatric help.

If convicted, he faces a penalty of 20 years in federal prison and a fine up to $250,000. The FBI and the U.S. Army Military Police investigated. Assistant U.S. Attorney Kim Flannigan is prosecuting.

The fort said on its website that the Munson Army Health Center would be closed Thursday while the probe into Wednesday’s assault continued.
http://fox4kc.com/2016/09/08/fort-l...-to-his-supervisor-after-throwing-gas-on-her/

Clifford Currie, 54, was charged Thursday in U.S. District Court with one count of assault with intent to commit murder.

The charge stemmed from an incident that occurred around 5:10 p.m. Wednesday at the Munson Army Health Center, 550 Pope Ave.

One witness indicated he was alerted to the incident when an alarm went off indicating a possible fire in the pediatric section of the facility, according to the criminal complaint.

Currie allegedly threw gasoline or some other flammable liquid on his supervisor, Katie Ann Blanchard, and lit her on fire. Currie also allegedly assaulted Blanchard with a straight edge razor, according to the news release and a criminal complaint.

Another employee was injured while reportedly trying to stop Currie.

Currie reportedly was subdued by staff members at the medical facility.

At one point, a responding firefighter reportedly yelled that the incident may have involved a chemical burn.

But Currie allegedly said, “It’s gasoline, you idiot,” according to the criminal complaint.
http://www.leavenworthtimes.com/news/20160908/munson-employee-charged-in-assault-case

Since when is setting someone on fire not enough! The attack seems right out of a horror movie, got to add throat stomping and a razor. Bless her co-worker for defending her.

I looked for medical updates for Katie but none out yet.

It must have been premeditated.
Who brings gasoline to a hospital job.

He's facing up to 20 years. Fuck that, if his victim lives, she is facing a lifetime of suffering. Not to mention countless surgeries.

At the time of his arrest, prosecutors say Currie made the statement that he would like to speak with an attorney and that he needed psychiatric help.

Oh, psychiatric help, is it?? You could've asked for that FIRST, asshole, before doing all that other shit.

It's just an excuse, and here's hoping any psychiatric evaluation presented in court proves he's just an asshole trying to save his own worthless skin.

My kids used to be seen there. It's a military clinic where dependents go for their doctor's appointments. It doesn't have an ER or anything. My GYN and regular doctor was there too. I can't remember if the prisoners from the USDB go there too. They worked in the EFMP- Exceptional Family Member Program office. Many families had a lot of issues with him. He would lose paperwork and lie about it- or not even file it- which screws you for orders for your next move.

My kids used to be seen there. It's a military clinic where dependents go for their doctor's appointments. It doesn't have an ER or anything. My GYN and regular doctor was there too. I can't remember if the prisoners from the USDB go there too. They worked in the EFMP- Exceptional Family Member Program office. Many families had a lot of issues with him. He would lose paperwork and lie about it- or not even file it- which screws you for orders for your next move.

You got any other update on this story?

Kansas fucking sucks.
[doublepost=1480396368,1480396126][/doublepost]I just did 10 min of google searchin, not a single update since Sept

You got any other update on this story?

Kansas fucking sucks.
[doublepost=1480396368,1480396126][/doublepost]I just did 10 min of google searchin, not a single update since Sept
I found her Facebook, she also has a gofund me set up. Sounds like she's had multiple surgeries but has made steady progress.
This is the latest post about her condition from Oct. 14:

14358865_1082270575181970_2942600701972000184_n.jpg

Update that Katie just sent me:

I'm out of the hospital and did well my first night out out.

Katie is looking forward to being back home with her boys. She is following all medical precautions to avoid infection or further injury.

Much love to all!!!
Jessica (and Katie)

Kansas fucking sucks.

My husband was stationed in Kansas, a tank driver, in the winter, in the snow, almost lost his toes to frostbite when the heat went out in the tank during an extended training exercise, he agreed with you, Kansas sucks! He claimed he pissed on the state sign when he left for the last time.

Since when is setting someone on fire not enough! The attack seems right out of a horror movie, got to add throat stomping and a razor. Bless her co-worker for defending her.

I looked for medical updates for Katie but none out yet.
ere ya go. what pisses me off was she was afraid of him and told people she didn't trust him & was having issues with him

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article166068167.html

A former Army hospital employee at Fort Leavenworth was found guilty Monday of setting his supervisor on fire in an attempt to kill her.

Currie brought a water bottle full of gasoline with him that day. He doused her with the gas and used a match to set her on fire. Currie also attacked her with a razor, a pair of scissors and stomped on her throat, before other employees were able to subdue him.

The attempted murder charge carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison. Sentencing was scheduled for Oct. 31
e1207d2d08981035be1cd63c2fbc9100

Clifford Currie

Well holy shit, that's the hospital I was born in. It looks quite a bit bigger.

Last edited:
What an animal.
He is not crazy
It was premeditated and by all accounts overkill.

Piss stained beardo McFucknuts needs to be lit on fire...repeatedly while being kicked in the face.

I read elsewhere this guy faces only up to 20 years in prison.

Sickening.

The military should be permitted to execute in situations like this. He preyed on a military member afterwall on installation. Not sure why no one killed him that day, fucking idiots.

https://justiceforkatieannblanchard...ubordinate-pleas-for-help-ignored-for-a-year/

Keep in mind, this is not merely your run of the mill VA jackassery. This is active duty military medical dipshittery.

Think about this story the next time you feel like thinking highly of our oh so honorable military.

about possibly “losing” her medical retirement and submitting ambiguous and nonsensical counseling statements for “violations” like missing one appointment (in hundreds) after a scheduling error–despite the fact that Katie immediately called when she was notified about the mistake. She was also written up for driving–in spite of being medically cleared to do so by her doctor.

Wow. I can tell you from experience, both my own and talking with relatives of more modern generations, this type of thing typically is only targeted towards your dipshit servicemen who blow off appointments out of laziness. Were talking A1C or Private fucktard has a dental appt but is too disorganized to remember when it was or decided getting wasted the night before and sleeping in was a better idea. Sometimes they do take "corrective action" for scheduling fuckups that are no fault of the servicemember, but were talking able bodied young fucks missing routine checkup type of crap or a minor physical therapy deal. The notion that someone in this womans condition is being straight up attacked like this by her supervision when she should be given all the support she needs and then some to heal, the notion that she is being treated the same as some asswipe who forgot when his annual checkup was, blows my fucking mind.

Every member of her chain of command needs to be named. I dont know if shes playing nice by not doing so or perhaps legal counsel is urging her to stay quiet for the time being as they build towards a future lawsuit(which better fucking come), but this is truly abhorrent. All these inept fucktards need to be publically named and shamed. Has she not reached out to a congressman

So much of this doesnt surprise mei n the least though. The military is prob the worst, most inept example of absurd govt beauocracy run amok. Trash.

Back