• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2017/...y-8-year-old-suspected-in-toddlers-death.html
Police say an 8-year-old is suspected in the home day care death of a 1-year-old boy whose body was found concealed Friday morning in one of the home’s bedrooms. Muskegon Police Chief Jeffrey Lewis told MLive.com the case’s primary witness is a 5-year-old.

“The 1-year-old was crying, and it appears no one was attending to the child,” Lewis told MLive.com. “The 8-year-old dealt with the baby crying.”

Bryanna Reasonover, Korey Brown’s mother, reportedly dropped Korey and two other children off on Thursday night. Reasonover said she returned to Keysha Keepers on Friday after work and found her son unresponsive in a Pack ‘n Play, according to WOODTV.com.
1492446413692.jpg

[....]
“When his face rolled over he had all these bruises on the side of his face,” she told Fox 17. “And that’ when I said, ‘What’s wrong with my baby’s face?””

A 911 call was placed at 6:15 a.m. Friday, WZZM 13 reported, but CPR was not successful. Police said the 8-year-old was taken to Mercy Health Partners Hackley Campus for a mental evaluation.
[....]
Police are investigating where the adults were in the home at the time of the alleged incident, and that an autopsy to reveal the official cause of death is planned.

“This person that was involved in the death probably felt something was wrong,” Lewis told the news outlet. “If you’re a child and break something, you try to hide it.”

Keysha Keepers’s day care is licensed to tend to up to 12 children and is open 24 hours a day, MLive.com reported. It was first licensed in November 2016.

“The 1-year-old was crying, and it appears no one was attending to the child,” Lewis told MLive.com. “The 8-year-old dealt with the baby crying.”

What a piss poor way of putting it. Yep 'dealt with it.' That baby shall never cry again.

Police are investigating where the adults were in the home at the time of the alleged incident, and that an autopsy to reveal the official cause of death is planned.

Good damn question. No one noticed. Not a single adult?

Reasonover said she returned to Keysha Keepers on Friday after work and found her son unresponsive in a Pack ‘n Play, according to WOODTV.com.

Which goes back to where were the adults? The mother found the baby in this condition?! What the fuck?

From the article above

While Lewis told MLive.com that there were no obvious injuries to Brown, Reasonover told Fox 17 she noticed bite marks and bruises on her son’s face and fingers.

I don't know...would an 8 year old think to bite or bruise someone?

I'd like to know if the 8 year old is a daycare child or child of the person who owns the daycare. Same with the 5 year old "witness".

From the article above

I'd like to know if the 8 year old is a daycare child or child of the person who owns the daycare. Same with the 5 year old "witness".
are you being sarcastic? kids are biters as soon as they get their teeth by 8 yrs old they know enough not to. The caregivers are responcible for allowing him around the baby and not being there taking care of it. All these places need to be under better supervision or else some county adn state facilities opened with people that can really run them

Last edited:

From Morbid's FP article:
The homeowner’s 8-year-old daughter decided to take care of the situation and put Korey in a closet and, according to Reasonover’s daughter, Korey was bleeding.

An 8-year-old is suspected in the death of a 1-year-old boy who was left unsupervised in a home day care in Michigan.

Muskegon Police Chief Jeffrey Lewis said the toddler's body was found concealed Friday morning in a bedroom. He says the primary witness is only 5-years-old. He did not yet know a cause of death.

He said the 1-year-old had been crying and "the 8-year-old dealt with the baby crying."

Bryanna Reasonover told WOOD-TV that she found her son's body in a playpen when she went to pick up three children she had dropped off the previous night.

"I was about to head towards Korey and one of the ladies who worked at the daycare was like , 'Oh Korey is knocked out. I changed his diaper he didn't even wake up,'" said Reasonover.

The mother said there were bruises and bite marks on his face, fingers and stomach. She also said her son's head was swollen.

"When I pick him up, his face tilts over and I'm like what's all this on my babies face, what's wrong with his face," said Reasonover. "I'm like Korey, you know, wake up. I'm like my baby he's not waking up."
http://www.wnem.com/story/35173145/...rson-of-interest-in-toddlers-death-at-daycare

I am not buying the 8yr old did it. Are there witnesses to this? Did he confess? Who the fuck changes a baby's diaper and doesn't notice they're in distress?!!

Holy shit. I would kill the adults in charge!! This is a baby. Theres no fucking putting the blame on a 8 year old!! Fuck that

Assholes

I don't even know what to think about this. An 8 year old should be out of the childish biting stage so I'm not inclined to think it was done without malice though who knows, I have to tell my 9yo a dozen times a day to get stuff out of her mouth and that should have been over years ago. I guess I'll reserve final judgement until I find out where the adults were, given that insane law in Michigan that overnight day care staffers are allowed to sleep, although I would hope if you are running a 24/7 daycare responsibly you would plan for a rota of staff, even if only one person, to be on the night watch. I still don't have any sympathy for them and you have to wonder at the parenting skills of someone whose 8yo daughter thinks that shutting a baby in a closet because it is crying is a good way of taking care of it.

The homeowner’s 8-year-old daughter decided to take care of the situation and put Korey in a closet and, according to Reasonover’s daughter, Korey was bleeding.
I would like to read the article this is in. Seems like it has more info. Im going to see if i can find it.

... or else some county adn state facilities opened with people that can really run them
A govt run daycare would probably be as well run as the child protective services agencies where they falsify records to cover their ass, or send children back to abusive families. Govt run is no guarantee of safety.

“This person that was involved in the death probably felt something was wrong,” Lewis told the news outlet. “If you’re a child and break something, you try to hide it.”

I do hope they've got so much more than this behind publicly announcing they suspect an 8 yr old child.
Being that it was a small, privately owned child care center, it's unlikely that there were cameras up and working, although it's possible.
Now wondering what exactly (and how much) did the baby's 5 yr old sister see, and how could the adult who put him in the playpen not have noticed something was wrong?

are you being sarcastic? kids are biters as soon as they get their teeth by 8 yrs old they know enough not to. The caregivers are responcible for allowing him around the baby and not being there taking care of it. All these places need to be under better supervision or else some county adn state facilities opened with people that can really run them

My point was that an 8 year old might (or should)know better than to bite someone....but a 5 year old might not.

**Speaking from experience, not all kids are biters. I have 5 children and not a single one ever bit someone. I've also worked with children for the last 15 years (ranging from newborn up to age 12) and I've never had a biter in my work either.
[doublepost=1492644332,1492644235][/doublepost]

Thank you for sharing this. I had only based my question on the article linked in the first post. I hadn't seen Morbid's fp article.

Not much on this one yet.

8-Year-Old Girl Allegedly Responsible for Toddler's Death at Day Care
WXMI - Grand RapidsAugust 18, 2017

Court documents reveal an 8-year-old girl with a history of mental illness and violent behavior told investigators she heard "demons" that told her to do things and was responsible for the death of a 1-year-old boy at a Michigan day care.

The video at the link (below) identifies the victim as Korey Brown and states that he was injured in Muskegon, Michigan. At 50 seconds into the video the killer's self-report says she "hear[s] a 'red voice' that tells her to do bad things like pinch or bite her brother", making me wonder if she killed her baby brother.

Link

A tip of the ball cap to @tmdgirl

--Al

If the girl is that mentally ill, with that much repeated violence, she should not have been allowed around other children.

Last edited:
korey-brown-005108.jpg

Korey Brown

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4429264/Toddler-died-daycare-bitten-bruised.html

The grandfather of the toddler who is believed to have been killed by an eight-year-old at daycare has told of the full horror of the scene that met his daughter when she went to collect her child only to find him dead.

Speaking exclusively to DailyMail.com Brian Reasonover revealed that his one-year-old grandson Korey was bruised and bitten on the face then placed in a playpen at Keysha's Keepers daycare in Muskegon, in what he believes was a bid to conceal what had happened.

But despite the viciousness of the attack he said he does not blame the little girl suspected of inflicting it and instead lays the blame squarely at the door of daycare owner Keysha Collins, 49.

Reasonover, 46, said: 'It's hard to say but when I saw Korey and how he looked, I looked at my daughter and told her: 'Whoever did this did this out of anger. This child had to have something deep inside her to make her feel this way.

There's a bit more info here.

The girl told investigators that "she hears a white demon talking to her and telling her to do something and a white guy telling her not to do something," the petition states.

"She indicates she sees these figures and hears them frequently. She also reports hearing a 'red voice' that tells her to do bad things like pinch or bite her brother."

Following Korey's death, the girl lit a couch on fire in her home - something she said the "red demon" told her to do, the petition states.

She has had numerous suspensions from school for such activity as hitting a lunch aide, fighting, using a chair to hurt another student, stealing and intentionally making herself vomit, the petition states. The school provided her with intensive services, the petition says.

Her mother reports the girl "is destructive at home and has intentionally broken furniture and other objects in the home" and that her "anger is very rapid and she becomes physically aggressive."

She had been "acting out" at daycare and picking on the younger children, the petition states.

Yeah, if your kid hears demons talking to her and has repeatedly shown violent tendencies, she should be in psychiatric care and definitely not near other kids.

@Satanica @cubby @Kimberix @Muriel Schwenck @Brillig @GenericUser123 @TheMorningStar @Prettypink513
May 29, 2018

A day care provider has pleaded guilty to child neglect in a case involving the death of a toddler in her care at the hands of another child she was caring for.

Keysha Collins entered her plea Tuesday as a jury was being selected for her trial scheduled for several days this week in Muskegon County.

Collins, 52, was charged with second-degree child neglect nearly a year ago in connection to the death of Korey Landon Brown, who was 14 months when he died at her home. She pleaded guilty as charged, with no promise regarding her sentence.

The toddler's death was ruled a homicide and the cause was due to multiple injuries, including trauma to his head, other blunt force trauma and possible asphyxiation, according to the petition to place the girl in the facility.

A police report indicated the baby suffered several skull fractures, possible broken arm and broken ribs, a bite mark on his cheek and bruising on his face, neck and abdomen.

Collins told police she did not hear the assault on the baby because she may have been vacuuming at the time, or she was sleeping. Collins was getting ready for an Easter party and was exhausted, having fallen asleep in a chair after not sleeping the previous day, she told police.
https://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2018/05/day_care_provider_enters_guilt.html

Jul 11, 2018

A former daycare provider under whose watch a baby died was ordered to pay $1.8 million in restitution by a sorrowful judge during a tearful sentencing hearing.

Collins, 52, pleaded guilty to child neglect in May.

In addition to the $1.8 million in restitution, Muskegon County Circuit Judge William C. Marietti sentenced Collins to five years' probation and a sentence of 6 months in jail to be served after probation, Marietti said. He reserved the right to suspend some or all of the sentence.

It will be up to the probation department to determine how the restitution will be paid to Korey's heirs, Marietti said.
https://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2018/07/18_million_sentence_ordered_fo.html

Back