• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.wafb.com/story/36154657/girl-11-takes-on-pit-bull-attack-to-protect-brother
14675910_G.jpg

[....]
Alayna Burney, 11, was taking a walk with her 2-year-old brother Mateo Saturday when a pit bull escaped his kennel and ran after the two children.

"I jumped in his way and pushed him away, so the dog would attack me. I didn't want him getting hurt. I love him too much,” Alayna said.

After the girl was bitten, the dog turned his attention back to Mateo, but Alayna wasn’t going to let the pit bull hurt him.

“I ran on top of a car screaming for help, and the dog tried to go by my baby brother. So, I kept calling the dog to me,” Alayna said.

Neighbors fought the pit bull off the 11-year-old by hitting it with a baseball bat.

“We’ve never seen a girl with such bravery. To be attacked and then redirect that animal to attack you again to protect your brother is something that's really special," Sheriff Adam Bieber said.

Alayna was taken to the hospital, where her four bite wounds were treated. She received 18 stitches.

Thanks to Alayna’s actions, her brother was unharmed, and she is being hailed as a hero.
[....]
The dog was a 2-year-old pit bull named Drae, who was adopted by his owner Teena Piotrowski nine months ago. She had been trying to find a new home for the dog because she knew he was aggressive. Drae was on quarantine at the time of the attack for killing another dog earlier in the week.

"My heart sunk when I found out a child was hurt. I am very proud of her. She stood up to him to protect her little brother. She's a hero,” Piotrowski said.

The pit bull was euthanized Monday after the attack, according to the sheriff. He says the incident is still under investigation, and no criminal charges have been brought against the owner.

Alayna says the attack won’t affect her love for animals.
[....]

"I jumped in his way and pushed him away, so the dog would attack me. I didn't want him getting hurt. I love him too much,” Alayna said.

And these days it's hard to find too many adults with that much bravery and caring. When the going gets tough, they just give up and cry or run away.

Alayna is a fabulous young lady.

The dog was a 2-year-old pit bull named Drae,
OMG
. She had been trying to find a new home for the dog because she knew he was aggressive. Drae was on quarantine at the time of the attack for killing another dog earlier in the week.
WTF ... .
The pit bull was euthanized
GOOD!
no criminal charges have been brought against the owner.
Why not.
Alayna says the attack won’t affect her love for animals.
Good and we should let this little girl punch this pits owner right in the face.

She had been trying to find a new home for the dog because she knew he was aggressive. Drae was on quarantine at the time of the attack for killing another dog earlier in the week.
Why. The only good aggressive dog is a dead one.
Why in the world would you think a new owner would be the answer?
In the future, if you find you have a dog with aggressive issues, KILL IT.

The pit bull was euthanized Monday after the attack, according to the sheriff. He says the incident is still under investigation, and no criminal charges have been brought against the owner.
Why not?

A little something I had snipped out helps explain part of Alayna's determination.

"I always told my children that he’s little. He can't defend himself or anything, so, no matter what, we have to defend this baby with our lives. I'm so proud of my girl,” said Alayna's mother, Mandi Beattie.

Back