• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://people.com/crime/former-mrs-america-convicted-felony-theft-macys-clothing-scheme/
jennifer-kline-435.jpg

A former Mrs. America was convicted of felony theft for switching price tags on clothes at a Macy’s department store in Southdale, Minnesota.

According to the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office, a jury found Jennifer Susan Klineguilty of a single felony count of theft by swindle Tuesday evening after a seven-day trial. The jury determined that the amount of the theft was more than $1,000 but less than $5,000.

Kline’s attorney argued to the jury that his client made a dumb mistake but that it was Macy’s fault for having such an easy return policy.

Kline, who was crowned Mrs. America in 1989, could face up to five years in prison when she’s sentenced on Oct. 18.

On Nov. 5, 2015, the 51-year-old Wayzata native purchased $2,884 worth of designer clothing from Southdale Macy’s. The following day, she purchased $2,907 worth of merchandise at the same Macy’s.

Then on Nov. 11 and Nov. 30, Kline allegedly removed the tags from the items and attached them to clothing she already owned before she returned multiple pieces of clothing to Macy’s Mall of America store and was refunded $5,501.
[....]
“the tags and labels had been switched on all of the clothing items returned,” according to a criminal complaint filed in April 2016.

The complaint also stated that “several of the clothing items returned to Macy’s were dirty and showed signs of wear. Due to the label switching, it is not possible to identify the original brand of the item or the store from which the item was originally purchased.”

“This little scheme of Ms. Kline’s was wrong and it was clearly driven by greed. The jurors were not fooled by attempts to blame Macy’s and their liberal return policy for her criminal conduct,” Hennepin county attorney Mike Freeman announced Tuesday.

Following her reign as Mrs. America, Kline sold beauty products for the Eden Prairie-based ShopNBC network, now-called Evine.

What a greedy bitch ... stupid too!

I love tech when i have to return something ... no receipt ... no problem ... scan, and everything

comes up ... when I bought it, what store location, how I paid ... cash or credits.

Everything is all nice and transparent.

... that it was Macy’s fault for having such an easy return policy.
That shit, right there, pisses me the fuck off! Blaming the victim because they made it to easy to commit a crime against them. Fucking asshole.

Kline’s attorney argued to the jury that his client made a dumb mistake but that it was Macy’s fault for having such an easy return policy.

No she did not have an accident, she deliberately switched tags from new items to old items and deliberately drove back the store on two occasions to receive money for used items. And just because something is easy does not mean you have to take advantage of it.

This is why a lot of stores are not giving cash back for anything, receipt or not, only in-store credit, or a gift card. People like Jennifer Susan Kline taking advantage of their easy return policies.

Its the attitude of thinks she deserves it and more just because ..she wants it ..
Of all the luck to become miss America have scholarship s money jobs offered etc
And to become a thief .ha
Looks aint everything Chickie

Back