• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Chrystan

Idk what the fuck has been going on in my state of Arkansas here lately, but apparently people and rats both are starving. The rats gave turned to eating babies and the people have turned to eating, well, people.

A northern Arkansas man had hired a caretaker to help him take care of his elderly mother. Jennifer Lea Collins, 55 was taking care of the man's mother on May 11. When the man came to check on his mom that day, Collins had blood on her mouth, smelled of alcohol and was on the floor. Cops said she was incoherent when they arrived.

When the man got to his mother, he found her with her chin partially bitten off and bite marks to her face, hand, arm and leg. Also, get this shit, HER LEFT NIPPLE WAS BITTEN THE FUCK OFF!!!! That is a level of pain I dont want to imagine! I'm cringing and typing the rest of this one handed...because I live in Arkansas and I wanna keep my nipples! Yikes!

The article states that the victim and the "caretaker" were transported to the hospital. The victim died on May 18. The "caretakers" urine has been sent for analysis and the victim has been sent for autopsy. Murder charges are pending.

The article also states that there was no blood or injury found on the son, and no forced entry to the residence. That sounded kinda weird to me, but if they felt it was important, I figured I'd include It!

http://www.fox16.com/news/local-new...-bite-marks-dies-caretaker-arrested/717220165

WTF is this world coming to. Although the son did not cause this to happen...he should have been more careful in who he hired...obviously.

No blood on the son? Why wouldn't he have touched, hugged, whatever his mom to see how she was? Wouldn't 911 have told him to put pressure on the wounds? Weird.

WTF is this world coming to. Although the son did not cause this to happen...he should have been more careful in who he hired...obviously.

Well, I would like to think people like that would come with some sort of warning label. Wether they have a criminal history or not, it would be nice of them to have some sort of caution sign. Sometimes people get away with shit their whole lives without even one arrest, so I can't put any fault with the son yet.

I care for my mom. We cared for my gramma at home until her death. A couple of lifelong family friends helped towards the end. I could never leave a stranger alone with her. That said, I absolutely would have killed that bitch with my bare hands.

I care for my mom. We cared for my gramma at home until her death. A couple of lifelong family friends helped towards the end. I could never leave a stranger alone with her. That said, I absolutely would have killed that bitch with my bare hands.

Omg I totally understand!! I took care of my dad for 2 years. He died last August from brain cancer. Nobody but family ever helped us out with him. Mostly because he was a total pain in the ass towards the end. I can't tell you how many times I just wanted to set his wheelchair I the middle of the highway and just run! I swear, I loved my dad, but I was so ready to kill him Sometimes! I think anyone that wasn't family would have killed him...

This is so unbelievable.

Edit
I'm in the hospital with double pneumonia right now. Today is day 3. I guess the nurse that kicks my shoes all over the room is now forgiven.
Im just going to count my lucky stars if i get out of here with no bites.

Last edited:
My gramma was as sweet as can be, but my mom has a lot of issues. But that's still my mother and I don't think anyone else would meet my standards for quality of care.
[doublepost=1495248184,1495247959][/doublepost]
This is so unbelievable.

Edit
I'm in the hospital with double pneumonia right now. Today is day 3. I guess the nurse that kicks my shoes all over the room is now forgiven.
Im just going to count my lucky stars if i get out of here with no bites.
I hope you feel better soon and get to go home.

So gross. Old people are fucking disgusting, even moreso when theyre in a sickly state. I wouldnt want to so much as shake hands with one, let alone put my mouth on one. BARF!

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news...biting-and-killing-an-elderly-woman/790394038
CHEROKEE VILLAGE. Ark.- Charges have been upgraded for a woman accused of severely biting and killing an elderly woman that was under her care.

Jennifer Lee Collins, 55, has been charged with Murder in the 2nd Degree in connection to an incident on May 11.
[....]
The victim died from her injuries May 18, about a week after the incident.

Prosecutor Henry Boyce said, " Boyce said, “After carefully reviewing the evidence in this case including a review of the autopsy and consultation with the Crime Lab Medical Examiner, I decided that the upgrade in charges was warranted.”

Murder in the Second Degree is a Class A Felony punishable by 6 to 30 years in the Department of Correction.

It's awful to think of the pain and terror that woman went through before she died. And her poor son found her! He'll never unsee that :(

Omg I totally understand!! I took care of my dad for 2 years. He died last August from brain cancer. Nobody but family ever helped us out with him. Mostly because he was a total pain in the ass towards the end. I can't tell you how many times I just wanted to set his wheelchair I the middle of the highway and just run! I swear, I loved my dad, but I was so ready to kill him Sometimes! I think anyone that wasn't family would have killed him...
That's how it was with my husband. I saw past his rages and recognized his fear. I'm glad you had family and shared the load. The last three weeks broke me, I'm different now.

I have done elder care off and on most of my adult life.Its like dealing with kids-if you can't handle it find a new line of work.Both are high stress.That being said,at no point have I ever wanted to eat anyone in my care.Ewwwww

That's how it was with my husband. I saw past his rages and recognized his fear. I'm glad you had family and shared the load. The last three weeks broke me, I'm different now.
My dad is going through all of this right now. So far, he and mom have not been left alone in the past 10 weeks. Either me or one of my sister's have been there with them 24/7. Mom is 80 with dementia and dad is 83 with cancer. This is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. My dad was always the one who could beat up everyone else's dad, and now he can't even sit up by himself.

My dad is going through all of this right now. So far, he and mom have not been left alone in the past 10 weeks. Either me or one of my sister's have been there with them 24/7. Mom is 80 with dementia and dad is 83 with cancer. This is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. My dad was always the one who could beat up everyone else's dad, and now he can't even sit up by himself.

it is a beautiful thing that you and your siblings are taking care of your parents. I am currently doing this as well with my father and it is the toughest and most draining thing I have ever done. I just cannot see putting him in a nursing home or having others (caretaker) come in the home to take care of him.

I went thru this with my dad in 2014.
I gave up my life in minnesota to come and care for him in calif.
I was shocked to see him so feeble.
Just a few years earlier, he was fixing things around my farm while there for an extended visit.
Myself, my stepmom and my 17 yo daughter took care of him around the clock. No outside help except the hospice nurse coming in to monitor his meds.
My only my only regret was not getting here faster. We only had 3 months together. The last 3 months of his life, totally bedridden.

The one bit of advice i can give.
When your loved one is laying there and you think they can't hear you, they can. When my dad got to the state of just sleeping or what looked like sleeping, no more food or water.
I pulled a chair up to his bed and took that time to talk about our life.
All the fun things and funny stories.
He squeezed my hand when i told him what a great dad he had been.
I think he was just too weak to open his eyes. So i just kept right on talking. Most of my life i have hated my curley hair only after age 40 have i actually started to be okay with it.
The curly hair came from his side.
So i thanked him for my curly hair and he actually laughed he never opened his eyes but he laughed.

So talk to your loved one even when you think they can't hear you.

I called his parents, told them it was time to come,

Ah, forget it, Jack will piss and moan about life stories.

My dad kept telling me he needed to tell me things before he forgot all the things he has been through. The second wounded knee, his heritage, family I've never met, being on his own since 13, running away from one of those sadistic boys homes in the 60's. So many things I'll never know because I was to busy with my own life to listen. I won't make that mistake again with another loved one. So kudos to everyone doing an awesome job being an amazing daughter or son.

They wouldn't come. That's the short version. His parents wouldn't come and five days later he was gone.

I took care of both my parents at the end of their lives (sequentially, not together, since they were divorced). He had suffered a couple strokes and was diminished but demanding. She had a progressive terminal illness. I could have bailed, considering my super fucked up childhood at their hands, but I didn't. They were my parents, and taking care of them was the right thing to do. It was very difficult, but I'm still glad I did it. I honor each of you who was there for your loved one, despite all the stress and difficulty and frustration.

When it was over, did anyone else feel (aside from the obvious emotions) a loss of purpose?

Back