• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2017/08/epa_finds_body_in_car_in_botto.html
-716ed03f2a9cb30c.JPG

[....]
Detective Sgt. Greg Klecker said that workers who were subcontracted to recover barrels from a pond in the township near Hack Road were performing diving operations when they discovered a vehicle in the pond.

Upon further inspection, an unidentified person was found deceased in the vehicle, according to Klecker.

Klecker said the Michigan State Police Crime lab has arrived on the scene and the incident is being treated as suspicious.

Additional details were not immediately available.
-b01f4bf5c61578fb.JPG

Piecing together what happened

The forensic examination of the remains this week should not only identify the body but also aid in piecing together how this person died, Klecker said.

In addition to the examination, police and forensics experts will use other evidence at the scene and elsewhere to, hopefully, reach a conclusion on the cause of death.

"We’ve got some leads in the case," Klecker said. "It’s just that we can’t really discuss it at this time."

You don't have to travel far to find a pond in Michigan, that's for sure. This pond came about resulting from the construction of the Zilwaukee Bridge that spans the Saginaw river that began in 1979. It can't be Jimmy Hoffa as he disappeared in 1975.

I've been wandering around.
Can't figure out who this might be.
There's a man missing from Minnesota who had an Electra, but I think his car was found.
[doublepost=1502975109,1502974946][/doublepost]Oh, wait.
http://m.wdam.com/wdam/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od:DrAd5gKT
But this electra is an 84.
Looks like the one found in the water is a 70s model.
[doublepost=1502975315][/doublepost]Oh. I'm wrong. Roy Benn's car was not found.
But possible? Minnesota and Michigan aren't too far apart.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/benn_roy.html

I read another article stating that the authorities believe it's a 1973 Buick Electra 225. The condition of the body must be really poor after being in the water for so many years. Hopefully they will have no trouble pulling DNA from it. I mean, I'm assuming the body has been there for like 30-40 years, because not many people are still driving 1970s Buicks around. Even in the '90s that wasn't very common. Plus the car sure looks like it has been in the water for years; it doesn't look like an antique car enthusiast drove it into a pond recently.

This reminds me of a wild case from a few years ago, wherein two cars, each filled with three bodies, were found in the same lake in Oklahoma over 40 years after the people disappeared. Link

Might be Pete.

"
Neighbors say the Buena Vista Township man just disappeared one day in October of 1984.

Everyone we talked to referred to the man as Pete, which is not his given name, and one man we spoke with Thursday says he remembers another strange occurrence around the time of Pete's disappearance.

“Pete was a helluva nice guy, a good-hearted fellow … he kind of put you in mind of Santa Claus,” said Robert Porter.

Porter says ‘Pete’, or ‘Mr. Pete’, lived on 24th Street in Buena Vista Township.

One neighbor who didn't want to be identified remembers what happened nearly 33 years ago.

“I remember Oct. 1 or third, he disappeared,” she said.

She says as soon as her family saw news coverage of the car being pulled out of a Buena Vista Township pond on Tuesday afternoon, they all said, “that's Pete's car.”

“He was a real nice man, he took time with the little kids,” she said."

http://www.abc12.com/content/news/B...ged-in-pond-near-I-75-440581633.html?=da;jgda

Latest posts

Back