• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://abcnews.go.com/US/man-drives-hospital-nail-pierces-heart/story?id=49225318
While building a frame for a fireplace seven weeks ago, Doug Bergeson was holding a nail gun and accidentally fired a three-and-a-half inch nail into his chest.

"It didn’t really hurt. It just felt like it kind of stung me," Bergeson told ABC affiliate WBAY-TV.
[....]
“When I saw [the nail] moving with my heart, it’s kind of like, 'I’m not going to get anything done today,'" he added.

Though the small metal spike was sticking out of his chest, Bergeson didn’t bother to call 911. He drove himself 12 miles to Bay Area Medical Center in Marinette.

"It seemed like the thing to do," Bergeson said. "I felt fine, other than having a little too much iron in my diet."
[....]
"A wrong heartbeat, a wrong position and he would have had a much more complicated problem than he was bargaining for," said Dr. Alexander Roitstein, who performed the surgery.

Bergeson did not have any permanent damage to heart, just a scar and an appreciation for the power of nail guns.

"Accidents, they can happen so quickly, and fortunately this one had a good ending," he said.

My uncle drove himself to the hospital after he had a chain saw accident ... he totally had to ... his wife didn't know how to drive.

Back