• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jessiesgirl1108

Chameleon
A Michigan man sat on his five-year-old stepdaughter's chest and stabbed her to death before setting her on fire because she kept asking him for food, a court heard Thursday.

Thomas McClellan, 25, of Holt, 'snapped' on Novemeber 1 when Luna Michelle Younger refused to leave his room until he gave her food, Detective Chuck Buckland said in a preliminary hearing in the 55th District Court in Mason.

McClellan is then alleged to have covered her body with sheets, poured vodka on it, and set it ablaze in the bedroom.

Luna was stabbed at least five times, a medical examiner said, and died of the wounds. She sustained burn wounds after her death from the fire.

As the flames spread through the ground-floor apartment, the Delhi Township fire department were called in to extinguish the blaze.

Firefighter Corey Drolett said he thought Luna might be hiding from the fire at first, and search a closet and under the bed before finding her under the smoldering blankets.

Drolett passed her body through a window to his colleagues outside. Commanding officer Jeffrey Young told another firefighter to 'very lightly' perform CPR on the girl's body.

Young said he knew that the child was dead, but because her mom, Victoria McClellan, was there, he wanted to show 'some effort' from the crew.

Victoria, who is married to Thomas McClellan, said she was at work when her daughter was killed, and that she had argued with him prior to going to work.

She later convinced McClellan, who has no criminal history, to turn himself in to police.

McClellan is a graduate of Everett High School and worked at a restaurant in Lansing, WDTN reported.

[...]
Victoria, who is married to Thomas McClellan, said she was at work when her daughter was killed, and that she had argued with him prior to going to work.

That's one hell of an escalation.

Something tells me, he's hurt her before.

Douse his ass in vodka and light him on fire. See how he likes it...

Because she wanted a snack !

Holy cow ... my kid got up three nights in a row holding his guts because he was "So Hungry"
I sliced him up an apple handed him the bowl and a paper towel and told him it was
to go ... as in take it with you and go back to bed. A few days later he comes out in the morning and throws a dead mouse on the table, tells me its a really sad day, and that he had been feeding his friend apple slices all week. We buried his friend in blue tissue paper and toilet paper roll coffin at eight o'clock in the morning before school.

This guy is a fucking asshole.

Did he really think putting blankets on her and lighting her on fire was going to cover up the murder?

It works as well as running cold water on a baby that has been beaten to death.

My heart is beating so fast after reading this bullshit! I hope they investigate this to the fullest extent. If mom knew ANYTHING at all of his violent behavior CHARGE HER ASS TOO! i hope thats not the case.

Death penalty stop slapping these fuckers with jail time and put a bullet in their head

Word ... when you consider that men like this shack up with single women for three hots and a cot or a child to molest anyway. Why give it too them. The three hots and a cot i mean.
It makes no sense to keep people like this alive. They're predators and permanently broken.

After 3 days of trial, Thomas McClellan was found GUILTY on all counts. His lawyer tried to argue that it was 2nd degree murder but the Judge didn't agree. He will be sentenced August 23rd.

Is there a up date on this story ??

Sure is.

July 21, 2017

An Ingham County judge found Thomas McClellan guilty of first-degree murder Friday, meaning the 25-year-old Holt man will spend the rest of his life in prison for stabbing then burning Luna Younger, his 5-year-old stepdaughter.

Ingham County Circuit Judge Joyce Draganchuk also found McClellan guilty of first-degree child abuse and first-degree arson.

Draganchuk alone deliberated because McClellan's attorney, Patrick Crowley, requested a bench trial instead of trial by jury.

During the trial, Crowley argued a second-degree conviction would be more appropriate.

The first-degree murder conviction carries a mandatory life sentence with no possibility of parole. Michigan does not administer the death penalty.

Although rendered moot by the murder conviction, the child abuse and arson charges each carry a sentence of up to life in prison.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...rson-child-abuse-spend-life-prison/498626001/

Holy shit! All that because the child was hungry!? I would think giving her a snack would have taken a whole lot less time and effort on his part. What a dick! My kid tells me every night after i put her to bed that shes hungry. EVERY NIGHT! Shes never once been stabbed or set on freaking fire.

What could the mother of the girl possibly have seen in this loser? Now her precious daughter is gone forever because of him. It seems unlikely there weren't signs of some kind. They were only married three months before he killed the little girl.

holt-murder.jpg

'This was a wicked act by a man but he's not a wicked man,' said Patrick Crowley, McClellan's attorney. 'I can't say enough how unfortunate this is for multiple families.'

When Judge Joyce Draganchuk offered McClellan a chance to speak he declined.

'I understand how people sometimes who are not evil do evil things,' Draganchuk said before sentencing McClellan. 'I think everyone sort of sees that as the picture that took place here. The tragedy is just unspeakable and the pain on all sides.

The court heard that McClellan 'did not run out of his room bloody, scared or panicked' or call 911 after stabbing the girl, according to Assistant Ingham County Prosecutor Elizabeth Allen.

Instead, he took a shower, packed a bag, and set the girl's body on fire. He then threw out his cell phone, bought a new phone and checked into a local motel.

McClellan's attorney said that his client's actions were 'inefficient', 'panicked' and 'haphazard'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4817082/Michigan-man-25-stepdaughter-jailed-life.html

Mr. McClellan's he is an evil man who not only murdered this girl he attempted to destroy her by setting fire to her. His actions were efficient and this little girl is now dead. He was not panicked as he took time to take a shower, get rid of his phone and purchase a new one. Lastly, he was able to check into a motel.

Please do not ascribe his stupidity to haphazardness he hated this child and unwillingness to apologize to Luna at his trial shows that he is an evil man

I want to rage out and hurt people who deny food to children, every single time I see cases like this, it's such a degree of willful wrongness that sickens my heart and soul.
Unless a child has Prader-Willi syndrome and is under treatment in a licensed medical facility that specializes in helping those with the medical condition, there is never a reason to deny a child food, whether it's a meal, or a simple snack. Even at these type of treatment centers, low calorie snacks are always provided, although portions are monitored.

4 times a year I volunteer at local camps for children who've suffered severe abuse/neglect; each time, I help the nutritionist to plan and assist in all areas preparation for a 4 star meal for the counselors and children. From salads, dinner breads, entrees, sides and desserts, we do the whole shebang from scratch over a 2 day period. The children are allowed 2nd helpings of everything, except desserts, and if there are enough leftovers to go around, even 3rd helpings are permitted.
Every single time afterwards, they bring me out to meet these kids, who always give us a standing ovation lasting several minutes, and I try to keep from crying in front of them, knowing that nearly every child there has never eaten the dishes we've made before or food of that level of sophistication, and for also knowing that many of them must be monitored for hoarding food because for most of their young lives, they've never known when - or if - their next meal will ever come.

Honestly, I wish for people like this man to get the DP, or suffer a horrible and prolonged death by other inmates in general population.

Stepfather sentenced for killing 5-year-old girl who asked him for food

Thomas McClellan of Holt declined to speak in court Wednesday. Judge Joyce Draganchuk said there's no explanation for what happened to Luna Younger last November. The sentence for first-degree murder was mandatory.

In July, after a 3-day bench trial, a judge found McClellan guilty of murder, arson and child abuse
has been sentenced to life in prison without a chance for parole.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/stepfather-sentenced-for-killing-girl-5-who-asked-him-for-food/

Back