• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article162937068.html

The motorist who maimed a popular South Dade High principal in a drunken crash said she was ready to accept four years in prison.

But Marilyn Aguilera arrived hours late to court Friday. Under standard questioning by the judge, she bawled, waffled and asked about leaving prison early. The exasperated judge warned her to “act like a grownup.”

And just when it seemed that Aguilera, 52, was ready to accept guilt, she began to complain about her former attorney. “I wish I would have had a lot more time,” Aguilera said.

Prosecutor Laura Adams shot back. “Miss Aguilera does not have to accept this plea.”

Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Diane Ward shook her head and went a step further — she called off the plea deal and set a December trial date. Now, Aguilera is facing more than seven years in prison.

The plea deal fell apart more than one year after she plowed her SUV into a West Miami-Dade baseball field, ramming into Javier Perez as he coached his son’s little-league championship game. The SUV trapped Perez under the vehicle.

Aguilera smelled of alcohol and failed roadside sobriety tests. A large open can of Budweiser beer was on the floorboard. Blood tests later showed she was drunk by nearly triple the legal limit.

Perez and his wife attended Friday’s court hearing, but did not speak to the media. Adams, the prosecutor, told the judge they had agreed to the plea deal because they are “people of mercy, people who want closure to this painful chapter in their lives.”

The legal wrangling had been a tortured affair — Aguilera claimed a mental breakdown a few months ago, as her defense lawyer, Richard Gregg, negotiated a plea deal well below the 7-year sentencing guidelines.

But last week, Aguilera fired Gregg, claiming she had not had a chance to review all the evidence. She turned to Davide, a former high-school classmate who is representing her for free.

Davide will now represent her at trial.

She turned to Davide, a former high-school classmate who is representing her for free.

What a fucking scumbag this guy is. Seriously, fucking trash human being. It's one thing when these defense attorneys defend definitely guilty scum for paycheck and out of a sense of duty. But this piece of shit is doing it cuz he merely likes the bitch? Why even be friends with someone like this? Fuck this bitch.

Aguilera fired Gregg, claiming she had not had a chance to review all the evidence. She turned to Davide, a former high-school classmate who is representing her for free.

Davide will now represent her at trial.

And probably already regretting it!
Aguilera will probably fire a couple more lawyers before she heads to prison.

Stupid twat clearly does not get the magnitude ...
of her CRIME.

Take her legs.
Whip her with a length of razor wire everytime she bitches, moans or complains about how hard done by she is.
As for her school pal repping her...
Dude, if you wanna fuck her just ask. Not like she will be getting offers.
Otherwise leave her to the mercies of a system already (and rightfully) pissed off and fed up with her

She hasn't had time to review all the evidence? Are you fucking kidding me? What is there to review? She drove drunk, lost control, hit a man on the sidewalk, crashed through the fence around the field, hit a man in his 70's, then over Mr. Perez, mangling his legs. Oh, and simultaneously traumatizing a bunch of little Leaguers.

Were it me, I couldn't get my ass out of public view fast enough. This woman is shameless.

What a fucking scumbag this guy is. Seriously, fucking trash human being. It's one thing when these defense attorneys defend definitely guilty scum for paycheck and out of a sense of duty. But this piece of shit is doing it cuz he merely likes the bitch? Why even be friends with someone like this? Fuck this bitch.
Jack, you're a sexist white cisgender heteromasculinist patriarchal stereotyping bastard oppressor.
The defense attorney is a woman!
Otherwise, I agree.

Sneauflake? Wait, were you just called a snowflake? Starting popcorn, back to a minute...

[....]
Aguilera finally walked free in February — but was recently returned to jail, accused of tampering with an ankle monitor designed to detect whether she’s been drinking.

As part of her probation, the 57-year-old has been living at a halfway home, wearing a SCRAM bracelet, which detects the presence of alcohol in her perspiration. On two occasions in April and May, probation officers noted, something was placed between her skin and the bracelet, leaving the monitor unable to test her sweat for alcohol overnight.

“My hypothesis is that she’s drinking at this group home,” Miami-Dade prosecutor Laura Adams said during a court hearing on Thursday, adding: “Some people are beyond help. I don’t know if that’s the case with Ms. Aguilera.”

Aguilera, who is being represented by the Public Defender’s Office, has not outlined her reasons for what happened those nights.

But the operator of the group home testified on Thursday that Aguilera has been a “model resident.”

“We’ve not seen her under the influence,” she said.

Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Mavel Ruiz scheduled another hearing for Tuesday, saying she was inclined to put her back on probation but only after she is reassured that Aguilera is staying clean.

“She needs to understand that there will be zero tolerance for a violation in this case,” Ruiz said.
[....]

This was the original hearing where Marilyn didn't just shoot herself in the foot but shot off her mouth big time. Some people pass up golden opportunities to put a sock in. Even her attorney had all she could do to rein in her client.

I LOVE the judge and the DA who took the plea deal off the table!!!

Sad fact: It was the victim himself who had encouraged the DA to come up with a plea deal.

Back