• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...ck-concert-forgets-where-he-parked-again.html
gavin-strickland-webjpg.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x611.jpg

The morning after Sunday’s Metallica concert, Gavin Strickland called his parents with a horrible confession: after driving across the Canadian border from Syracuse in the name of heavy metal, he’d lost the car.

This weekend, after a day spent in Oshawa, Gavin parked his blue-green Nissan Versa Sedan somewhere on the first floor of an indoor parking garage. The garage was within an $8-cab-ride of the Rogers Centre.

He just doesn’t know where.

Now, three days later, his parents have enlisted the amateur scavenger-hunters of Toronto to help remedy the directional snafu of their “doofy son.”

“Can’t make this up,” a Tuesday evening Craiglist posting by Eric and Michele Strickland, who reside in the U.S., reads. An $100 reward has been offered for anyone who’ll scour Toronto’s parking garages for the wayward vehicle.

Ambiguous landmarks Gavin remembers nearby include a Starbucks, some construction, a “strange spiral outdoor sculpture,” and, possibly, a bank, which may or may not be RBC.

The car, itself, has Florida license plates, a small Canadian flag attached to the doorframe, and a Bernie Sanders bumper sticker.

Gavin’s father Eric says he bought the car for his son last year, to get to work and community college in the fall.
[....]
When Gavin first left the concert and realized he hadn’t a clue where the car was parked, he tried to deal with the problem without alerting his parents. From dusk to dawn, Sunday to Monday, he wandered through parking garages.

Eventually, defeated, he called home and admitted to the whole mess.

“I told him, ‘don’t come back to the U.S. without a car!’ ” Eric said, chuckling. Gavin then went to the police, who Eric says “took him in” and gave him something to eat after a night of searching and sleeping on benches.

“They drove him around for, like, three hours, looking for the car, and he couldn’t identify it,” Eric said. Toronto police called Gavin’s parents on Tuesday morning, saying there wasn’t much more they could do, and it wasn’t good for Gavin to keep hanging around the city all night.

After that, Gavin’s parents put him on a Greyhound bus back to Syracuse.

“You can only do so much screaming at him,” Eric said. They’re hoping, like last time, the car finds its way back again.

Last winter, the 19-year-old lost his car at a concert in New York, but it was found shortly by police several blocks away.
[....]
Currently, the Stricklands say seven or eight people in Toronto are scouring through parking garages in a two-mile radius of the Rogers Centre. One’s been to four garages today. Another called it the “best scavenger hunt ever.”

To the family, it’ll be the best once it has a winner . . . .

“I’m just hoping this is just a funny family story coming up when we find the thing,” Eric said. “And we can talk about it for years down the road.”

It's already hilarious to me! I know I wouldn't be laughing if it was my kid though. No wonder he didn't want to call the parents since it was not his first rodeo.

Last winter, the 19-year-old lost his car at a concert in New York, but it was found shortly by police several blocks away.
This is the reason I would be so fucking pissed.

OK, I feel for this guy a little bit.

I flew to LA to see Rammstein and drove to the show in a nondescript beige Jeep rental. It was a Compass, if memory serves. Not an uncommon vehicle by any means.

I saw them at the Forum, which is literally a circular coliseum looking building with columns all the way around. I DID actually take note of the entrance I came into and that there were giant Prince banners and signs all over (RIP).

Once inside, I ended up going like most of the the way around to the other side of the building to be seated, and since it was a circular hall, it was hard to tell how far down exactly I ended up.

Concert was awesome, I go to leave, and realize everyone is being ushered through a different exit, and that I can't go back the way I came in. Ruh roh.

Once outside I also realized that EVERY fucking entrance had the same goddamned Prince banners, because he was doing a series of concerts there.

Admittedly I made a couple/few circuits looking for the damned car (which, being a rental, had no distinguishing characteristics whatsoever). I ultimately just said fuck it, I'm not walking any further in these tall ass boots (lol), and sat on a curb while I waited for the parking lot to clear out a bit.

So... I can see this happening. Once. :hilarious:
Nowadays they have car finder apps that'll use GPS to get you to within like 50 feet of where you parked. Kiddo needs to download one, ASAP.

I have lost my car in a Wal-mart parking lot, wouldn't even wanna chance it in a car park as big as the town I live in. :oops:

OK, I feel for this guy a little bit.

I flew to LA to see Rammstein and drove to the show in a nondescript beige Jeep rental. It was a Compass, if memory serves. Not an uncommon vehicle by any means.

I saw them at the Forum, which is literally a circular coliseum looking building with columns all the way around. I DID actually take note of the entrance I came into and that there were giant Prince banners and signs all over (RIP).

Once inside, I ended up going like most of the the way around to the other side of the building to be seated, and since it was a circular hall, it was hard to tell how far down exactly I ended up.

Concert was awesome, I go to leave, and realize everyone is being ushered through a different exit, and that I can't go back the way I came in. Ruh roh.

Once outside I also realized that EVERY fucking entrance had the same goddamned Prince banners, because he was doing a series of concerts there.

Admittedly I made a couple/few circuits looking for the damned car (which, being a rental, had no distinguishing characteristics whatsoever). I ultimately just said fuck it, I'm not walking any further in these tall ass boots (lol), and sat on a curb while I waited for the parking lot to clear out a bit.

So... I can see this happening. Once. :hilarious:
Nowadays they have car finder apps that'll use GPS to get you to within like 50 feet of where you parked. Kiddo needs to download one, ASAP.
My soul sister!!!

I drove my son to lax airport. I was a wreck because he was 9 and this was his first plane ride alone. He was also spending the whole summer away from me.
So i parked the car, looked up and saw the wall was purple and i was in row c.
After our sad good byes and me standing at the window watching his plane leave, i walked back to the parking garage, went to purple c and no car.
I went to the next structure over... no car. Went to the structure on the other side... no car. Because i was meeting a date, i had on a dress and very tall heals. Tired of clunking around and my sore feet, i decided to go to security. I was sure no one stole my car. Not much of a hot car market for a 10 year old volvo with 200 thousand miles on it.
So i went to security and told them my plight. Full description: 1998 volvo 4 door brown.
The security guards jumped in their golf cart and off they went in search of me car.
They return and say we found a white volvo wagon... nope, not mine.
Off they go again. We found a gray one. Nope not my car. Off they go again. The white one is gone now and the only other one is the gray one with the der weinerschnitzel hot dog on the antenna.
Thats it... thats my car...
"The car is gray" me: it is? I thought it was brown.

Last edited:
Let's hope this overgrown man child does not reproduce. We will be reading about him losing his children.

Lol. I lost my car at Denver International Airport once. First time ever there...
I parked. Wrote the floor and row of the parking garage on my hand in sharpie.

Went back to go to my car and stood right on floor C, row 36 (or whatever it was...) Started freaking out cuz my car wasn't there.. called security and the police. They had nothing but jokes.. turns out DIA has an East and a West terminal- meaning east and west parking garages. I was on East C36. Parked on West C36.

Anyways... now i know. :shrug:

Back