• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Couldn't find the story here.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/n...-student-gets-20-years-in-carjacking-shooting
[....]
As Circuit Judge Matthew Foxman read the sentence, Ky’Andrea Cook’s mother dropped to the floor of the courtroom and wailed. The howls of grief from Cook’s mother were so loud that the judge had to later restate the sentencing for the clerk: 20 years for on a carjacking charge, 15 years for attempted carjacking with a deadly weapon and 15 years for a battery felony. The sentences are concurrent.

As part of her plea agreement, a conspiracy charge was dropped. That charge carried a maximum penalty of life in prison.

The plea didn’t challenge prosecutors’ assertions in March, when she was a Mainland High School student, Cook lured Perry Nida, a 27-year-old Palm Coast man, to a meeting in South Daytona where he expected to sell her some marijuana and then they would have sex. Nida brought 17-year-old Immanuel Pursel from Palm Coast, who ended up shot by Cook’s boyfriend who was waiting to rob them, investigators said.

Cook was arrested April 27 in connection to two violent carjackings and the March shooting of the teen.

Detectives believe Cook and several accomplices used the “MeetMe” phone app to lure victims to an area where they would be carjacked, South Daytona police Lt. Dan Dietrich said at the time.

When Nida and Pursel went to meet Cook the night of March 22 in South Daytona, Nida became suspicious and hid the marijuana in a bush before picking Cook up, the report states. When she got into the truck, Cook told Nida she had to go get money, and when she returned, a man with a mask got into the backseat.

At first, the man pointed a gun with a laser sight at Nida and told him to get out of the pickup, police said. But then Pursel pushed him out of the truck. The unidentified man then fired off two rounds, one of which struck Pursel in the stomach.
[....]
“This was intentional. It was an orchestrated ambush. And you are a main part of that,” Foxman said. “For that I’m going to adjudicate you guilty for all three charges and sentence you to 20 years in state prison.”

The victim lived and she didn't pull the trigger. That's why if the sentence seems too light.

Couldn't find the story here.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/n...-student-gets-20-years-in-carjacking-shooting

The victim lived and she didn't pull the trigger. That's why if the sentence seems too light.
Except here we are with the concurrent bull shit.
Plus, she got off light because the conspiracy charge was dropped.
Ky’Andrea Cook’s mother dropped to the floor of the courtroom and wailed.
I hope some of that noise was for the victims.
[doublepost=1498687813,1498687501][/doublepost]That is some sick shit right there.
Everyone can clearly see thats a male. Only 50 something year old females wear cheetah print.
Edit
How the fuck did this get in here?
It was supposed to be in thr kangaroo thread.
Im leaving it because... well... i don't know, i just am.

Last edited:
I'm confused. The article states that she did not cooperate, and that they sentenced her but not the shooter. But they know the shooter was her boyfriend? I must have missed something. :shrug:

I'm confused. The article states that she did not cooperate, and that they sentenced her but not the shooter. But they know the shooter was her boyfriend? I must have missed something. :shrug:
Its says she made a plea deal

As part of her plea agreement, a conspiracy charge was dropped. That charge carried a maximum penalty of life in prison.

I read in some comments at the original link that this very same poor baby was involved in at least 2 more robberies of this type from the time of the first one until they were caught, just nobody got killed in the next two. The crying face in the picture is all for herself and no one else. She's dangerous, she needs to be locked up for as long as possible,

The video is hysterical and her mama will not be outdone so she got to crying and carry on as well.

When I saw Ky'andrea I immediately thought of the creature from Jeepers Creepers.

I read in some comments at the original link that this very same poor baby was involved in at least 2 more robberies of this type from the time of the first one until they were caught, just nobody got killed in the next two. The crying face in the picture is all for herself and no one else. She's dangerous, she needs to be locked up for as long as possible,
Right... she's crying for herself. Not for the injured guy or his family.

Ky’Andrea Cook’s mother dropped to the floor of the courtroom and wailed. The howls of grief from Cook’s mother were so loud that the judge had to later restate the sentencing for the clerk:

I hope Mom was still in the court room and got to hear it twice ...

Jeepers got a do-over

Ky’Andrea Cook threw herself at the mercy of the court last summer on carjacking charges only to be stunned with a 20-year prison sentence, prompting her anguished reaction which spun into a viral video.

Circuit Judge Matt Foxman on Aug. 14 allowed Cook to withdraw her plea, eliminating the two-decade sentence and essentially giving Cook a legal do-over.

Now five months later, Cook, 19, was once again entering a plea before Judge Foxman to the same charges which carry up to a life sentence. Cook pleaded no contest to principal to carjacking with a deadly weapon punishable by up to life in prison, principal to attempted carjacking with a deadly weapon punishable by up to 30 years in prison and principal to aggravated battery with a deadly weapon punishable by up to 15 years in prison.

“Do you understand the concept of an open plea?” Foxman asked her.

“Yes, sir,” Cook said softly as she stood before the judge.

“That means that there is not a deal with the state. You take your chances with me. You understand?” Foxman said.

“Yes, sir,” Cook said.

That didn’t turn out so well for Cook last time. Her former attorney, Assistant Public Defender Frank Scott, had assured her family she would not go to prison. Foxman gave her 20 years. That drew cries of agony from Cook’s mother who had to be helped from the courtroom. Cook’s face twisted in agony as she broke down in tears and also had to be carried out by bailiffs.

This time, though, Cook was not sentenced on Wednesday during the hearing at the S. James Foxman Justice Center in Daytona Beach. She will be sentenced after a pre-sentence investigation by the Department of Corrections, which will take about 30 days.

Foxman told her several times to cooperate with the Department of Corrections pre-sentence investigation, which is an extensive background check of Cook. There was no pre-sentence investigation at her first sentencing.

Foxman gave Cook some final words of advice.

“I need you to stay out of trouble with the law and again be in touch with your attorneys,” he said. “They will give you the rest of the advice.”
http://www.news-journalonline.com/n...sentence-pleads-again-to-s-daytona-carjacking

“I need you to stay out of trouble with the law and again be in touch with your attorneys,” he said. “They will give you the rest of the advice.”

Awww hell, he sounds like bleeding heart, soft on crime judge who believes in second chances

I just... hope her second sentence is worse than the first.

Doubt it, though.

That poor guy. :(

Back