• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://www.navytimes.com/articles/...overboard-and-dead-discovered-hiding-on-board
[....]
Presumed dead after going missing June 8, Gas Turbine Systems Technician (Mechanical) 3rd Class Peter Mims reportedly hid himself in one of the engine rooms, according to two sources familiar with the situation.

It is unclear how Mims survived a week in the engineering space or where he was hiding. He will be flown off Shiloh for evaluation soon.

Mims' disappearance prompted a massive, 50-hour search-and-rescue effort off the coast of Japan that included Japanese Coast Guard and naval forces.

Helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft from the carrier Ronald Reagan along with a Navy P-8 maritime patrol aircraft, the destroyers John S. McCain and McCampbell, and the Reagan itself all assisted Shiloh in the search for the missing sailor, according to releasse from U.S. 7th Fleet during the search.

Japanese Coast Guard ship Kudaka also assisted in the search. A Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force ship and a second Japanese Coast Guard ship assisted early in the search that combed more than 5,500 square miles of water off Japan.
[....]
Mims enlisted in the Navy in February 2014 and reported to Shiloh in August of that year. He was advanced to petty officer third class in August 2015, according to the release. Mims has earned the Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, Navy Marine Corps Overseas Service Ribbon and Sea Service Ribbon. Mims was frocked to petty officer third class in May, according to a Navy spokesman.
serveimage

I'm sure his family was notified that he was missing and assumed to have fell overboard. If I was his mother I'd whoop his ass, then turn him back over to the Navy. Scare me like that.o_O:fish:

He's under psychiatric evaluation. He's either pulling a cunning bluff, or he had a breakdown.
If it's a breakdown I have some sympathy for him. If he's shirking or faking anything....throw him overboard.

My first husband's younger brother had some behavioral issues, so it wasn't really a surprise when he ran into trouble after joining the Navy. He went apeshit and started pushing buttons and pulling levers on board, and he was ushered out of the service very quickly.

What a douchebag piece of lazy shit. Fuck this idiot.

Sad thing is he wont be given a dishonorable discharge, prob wont even get other then honorable.

https://www.stripes.com/news/missin...ow-facing-court-martial-1.475405#.WVKW8pLysdV
YOKOSUKA NAVAL BASE, Japan — A USS Shiloh sailor who sparked a massive three-day search after appearing to have fallen off the ship only to be later found in the ship’s engine room is now facing court-martial.

Navy spokesman Cmdr. Clay Doss told Stars and Stripes in an email Monday that Petty Officer 3rd Class Peter Mims, who served as a gas turbine systems technician on the Yokosuka-based guided-missile cruiser, has been held in the Marine Corps Air Station Miramar Brig since June 21 in anticipation of possible court martial charges.

Doss said further details will be released pending an investigation but added that early indications are that Mims was actively trying to avoid sailors who were searching for him on the ship.
[....]
Navy, Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force and Japan Coast Guard ships spent more than 50 hours searching for Mims, the Navy said. Helicopters and other aircraft from the Shiloh, USS McCampbell, USS Barry, USS John S. McCain and the aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan assisted in the search before it was suspended June 11, with the presumption that he was lost at sea.

The Shiloh crew even continued searching the ship after surface and air searches were canceled, and the crew was in the process of planning a memorial service for Mims when he was found in the ship’s engineering room June 15, according to Navy statements.

the crew was in the process of planning a memorial service for Mims

Seems they cared a lot more for him than he gave a shit about all the extra work he caused them.

Court martial him and Leavenworth, but he'll probably get dishonorable or general and then let loose on an unsuspecting civilian public.

If he wanted out, he could have gotten out, it might have taken a little while but I'm sure he could have gotten a medical waiver, if he tried hard enough, oh I forgot he likes to hide and hope his problem go away on their own.

Back