• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-cold-case-murder-discovery-article-1.3278426
[....]
The gruesome discovery was made after officers pulled over John Cyrus Gilbreath June 12 on suspicion of possession of marijuana.
cold-case.jpg

[....]
During the traffic stop, a passenger in Gilbreath's car told authorities that the 47-year-old San Angelo man was a drug distributor.

Police then searched Gilbreath's home "attempting to locate ledgers used in the criminal offense of narcotics trafficking," a search warrant affidavit stated.

That's when investigators and the Tom Green County Sheriff's Office stumbled upon personal writings "specific to the offense of murder" that included McNelly and Stewart's names.

Authorities also found three audio tapes with "SS" on them, a lock of hair, biological material believed to be blood and a fingernail.
[....]
McNelly and Stewart disappeared July 4, 1988 after watching fireworks together at Lake Nasworthy.

Their bodies were found in November of that year near Twin Buttles Reservoir, the Standard-Times reports. Police determined the couple had both been shot, but didn't have any other pieces of information on the crime.

On the 25th anniversary of the grisly crime, the parents of both teens released YouTube videos asking for the public's help in locating the killer.

"My mother was always very strong in her faith. She always felt that Sally and Shane would someday have justice, that their killers would be found," said McNelly's mother, Pat Wade, in an August 2013 video.
[....]
10322726_676644565754054_8452343270553620951_n.jpg

I can't help but wonder how many times he listened to the tapes? How many times did he hero off to them?
Nauseating

Back