• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...nd-knife-in-the-other/?utm_term=.b34ef702ffb0

A 16-year-old girl was carrying a machete in one hand, a knife in the other, as she walked out of a Walmart store in the Chicago suburb of Lincolnwood without paying at about 3 a.m. Tuesday, prosecutors said at a court hearing. The girl, Eliza Wasni, called for an Uber ride — her third that night — and a driver pulled up in a silver Hyundai Sonata.

Wasni climbed into the car. About two minutes later, as the car reached an intersection a few blocks away, she began stabbing and hacking at the driver from the back seat, prosecutors said at a news conference.

The bleeding driver, 34-year-old Grant Nelson, managed to pull the car into a nearby condominium building driveway. He ran to the lobby entrance, banged on the door and screamed.

“Help me,” Nelson shouted, “Help me, I’m going to die.”

Meanwhile, Wasni tried to flee by taking the wheel of the car, but soon rammed into a median and took off on foot, prosecutors said. After residents called 911, police arrived to find a bloodstained car, and a trail of blood leading from the parkway around the side of the building.

There they found Nelson in the grass in a pool of his own blood, suffering from deep stab wounds and hacking wounds to his arms, side, head and chest. He was coherent enough to describe his assailant to police and what happened, but he would later die in a hospital.

Police found Wasni after identifying her from the Uber app on the driver’s phone, which he left in the car. She was crouching behind a building near where she’d abandoned the car, holding a machete in one hand and knife in the other, prosecutors said. She wore only a bra and leggings — a Chicago Cubs shirt was found nearby, the Chicago Tribune reported.

When she repeatedly refused to drop her weapons, police said they used a stun gun on her and took her into custody. They would later find surveillance video from Walmart that prosecutors say shows Wasni stealing the weapons while wearing a Cubs shirt.

Authorities charged Wasni as an adult with first-degree murder, the Chicago Tribune reported. A judge called the attack “extremely violent” and ordered her to be held without bail. She will be held in a juvenile facility, the Tribune reported. She appeared in court Wednesday in a white jail jumpsuit, her blond hair disheveled and her eyes kept mostly to the floor.

Prosecutors called the attack “heinous” and “not provoked in any manner.”

Wasni lives with a single mother and is a student at Taft High School in Chicago, her public defender said in court, according to the Chicago Tribune. She was in violation of the company’s 18-and-older age restriction for riders. Access to the service can be removed if a rider is found to be underage.

She was a cubs fan, it makes so much sense. Too bad no one helped the guy. He might have lived if they had helped stem the bleeding.

What a little bitch ... why ?

I don't know what to be when I grow up ... might as well be a murderer.

WTF? That's just sad. I can't imagine how terrifying it would be to die like that. Stupid little bitch threw her own life away, too.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/fa...irl-with-machete-files-suit-against-wal-mart/

The family of a north suburban Uber driver allegedly killed last month by a 16-year-old girl with a machete has sued Walmart for letting her leave the store without paying for the weapon.

Christina Nelson filed the wrongful-death lawsuit Monday in Cook County Circuit Court on behalf of the estate of her son, Grant Nelson. It names the retailer, Monterrey Security Consultants and Allied Universal as defendants.

About 3 a.m. on May 30, 16-year-old Eliza Wasni stole the machete and a knife from a display counter at the 24-hour Walmart in Skokie, according to the suit. She left the store with both weapons without paying.

There were two Walmart employees standing near the exit doors. Wasni passed both but was not stopped, questioned or asked to show a receipt, the suit alleges.

After leaving the store, Wasni ordered an Uber and got into a vehicle driven by the 34-year-old Nelson. Within two minutes, she began hacking at him with the machete and knife as the car approached Touhy and Lincoln in Lincolnwood.

Nelson, a Wilmette resident, told police his passenger had stabbed him before he died at St. Francis Hospital in Evanston later that morning, prosecutors said at Wasni’s bond hearing. Wasni is being held without bond.

Besides Walmart, the suit names Allied — which provided an employee stationed at the Skokie store’s exit whose job included monitoring individuals leaving the store — and Monterrey, which provided on-site security staff. The lawsuit claims they were negligent because they failed to follow their own policies by not checking a customer leaving the store for receipts; allowed Wasni unfettered access to dangerous items, and failed to monitor her as she left.

“We continue offering our deepest condolences to Mr. Nelson’s family for their loss,” a statement from Walmart spokesperson Ragan Dickens said. “Out of respect for everyone involved, we believe it’s not appropriate to discuss the specifics of this matter, but we can say that we believe our associates acted properly, including alerting third party security to a possible shoplifting incident. We will respond appropriately with the court.”

“We are devastated by the loss of Grant and continue to grieve. We hope his lawsuit will effectuate a review of store procedures and a realization that not following policies can have tragic consequences,” Christina Nelson, Grant Nelson’s mother, said in a statement.

Attacked by people for checking receipts and attacked for not checking receipts, I'm so glad I'm out of retail.

I'm never sure how to feel about the "I'm gonna sue everyone under the sun" thing many victems families do. On one hand in the first initial stages of grief people act stupid and without reason and just wanna lash out at everyone. Kinda like if they pick the right person to retaliate against and make them hurt enough, it'll cancel out their pain or bring their loved ones back. It's so hard to see someone hurting that much.

Then there's the other half we read about here, who just wanna milk out as much cash and sympathy they can from their "tragedy" (opportunity)

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-...driver-murder-repeatedly-disciplined-in-jail/
[....]
Wasni was charged as an adult with first-degree murder.

The newspaper reports her alleged violence didn't end after she was arrested. In July, a prosecutor told the judge in Wasni's case that detention officials reported 40 behavioral incidents involving Wasni, including pushing, kicking and biting guards. In the roughly one month since that hearing, officials said she was subject to another 23 disciplinary infractions, according to the newspaper.

Wasni remains in juvenile detention.

Sentenced to 27 years
@cubby
August 25, 2020

Eliza Wasni, left, was sentenced to 27 years for the first-degree murder in May 2017 of Uber driver Grant Nelson, right.

"Eliza Wasni, left, was sentenced to 27 years for the first-degree murder in May 2017 of Uber driver Grant Nelson, right.

A teenager from Chicago convicted of killing an Uber driver with a knife and machete she stole from Walmart was sentenced this week to 27 years in prison, authorities said."

Considering her reputation I give a 90% chance she'll be on the guards shit list in no time and will continually rack up more assault charges while in prison.

Let's hope she kills an inmate that's done horrible things to kids so we can add a second murder charge to her worthless ass.

Back