• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sue sue

Take 6
LEOMINSTER, Mass. - A scare at a local supermarket after a newborn was left locked inside of a hot car, while her mother was inside shopping.

That mom says on her way to Market Basket, she stopped by the fire house to make sure her baby's car seat was properly installed.

Less than an hour later those firefighters helped rescue her 4-day-old baby, who was locked in mom's hot car.

"71 Sack Blvd Market Basket for a newborn left in the car…" the 911 call said.

A shopper called Leominster police after spotting a newborn alone inside a car. It was Sharma Murphy's silver Chevy Malibu.

"My first time out with my first child. Kinda nervous,” said Murphy.

Murphy was out for the first time with newborn daughter, 4-day-old Katherine.

"I went, I bought it. Came right out and this lady just starts screaming at me. Screaming at me,” said Murphy.

Murphy claims she brought her newborn inside with her to Market Basket and then returned to the car when Katherine fell asleep. That's when she says she ran back inside for two or three minutes to buy some baby formula.

"I believe she locked her keys in the car because they had to use the jimmy to get the baby out,” said witness John Casey.

Police say the windows were rolled up.

According to Boston 25 Meteorologists, the outside temperature was 84 degrees at

Murphy told Boston 25 News from outside her home she didn't want to wake her newborn.

"I thought, OK, if I run in and run out. It was one of those things where she's gotta eat because I have nothing left for her and that's when everything happened and I'm like, oh my God," said Murphy.

Baby Katherine was taken to the hospital to be checked out. Mom says she's fine.

Right now, the baby is in custody of DCF.

No charges have been filed.
http://www.fox25boston.com/news/4-day-old-baby-left-in-hot-car-in-leominster/539059905

She took a four day old out to the market?!

I don't have kids, but I've been around plenty. My nieces and nephews. And I remember my sister not wanting to bring them out for a couple weeks. Plus sore from labor. Is this a normal thing to do?

I don't have kids, but I've been around plenty. My nieces and nephews. And I remember my sister not wanting to bring them out for a couple weeks. Plus sore from labor. Is this a normal thing to do?

It is if you don't plan ahead I guess. Even though I breastfed I had a can of two of formula bought before the baby was even here.

She went back inside for formula? Really? If you needed formula why take the baby to the car? Newborns like it when you carry them around while they're sleeping. They sometimes sleep better when they're moving around. Next time, if there is a next time, you need to work on your excuses, because they are piss poor.

I toted all of mine around right after they were born, with the exception of the first and that was only because they kept me in the hospital for a week after having her.

Baby #4 I almost bled to death after the delivery. I had them release me the next day and took her to the pharmacy to get my iron pills and to the hair dressers while I got a hair cut. Then we got stuck doing the rounds visiting people(she was born on xmas day so we spent boxing day having xmas with the extended family).

I think it depends on social constructs and the persons own comfort level. It's not odd in Canada to see brand new babies out and about. In Holland it's extremely weird. You even get baby helpers who come for 3-4 days after birth to help take care of baby and clean etc while you relax in bed. For free!

My younger so was born December 18, we both were released from hospital on Christmas Day and we made the rounds of all the relatives because I had a 5 yo too and he wanted to see all his Nannies and Papas so we went where we wanted to go. We didn't go shopping but mainly because all the stores were closed. He rode in a car seat too, fastened in and everything.

Pretty sure it's normal to get food for a baby regardless the age of the baby. Maybe she's on her own.

When my sister in law and my best friend had their babies, they both left the hospital with a large flat of baby formula. IIRC there were a few options to choose from (standard, soy, whatever), and they took home whichever one they wanted.

Even though my friend planned on breastfeeding, it was still provided as part of a little newborn care package she got.

Is this not something that's standard across the US? I had no idea.

My point being, I guess, is that it was certainly more than a 4 day supply, so there'd have been no immediate need to run out and buy formula that quickly for either of them.

When my sister in law and my best friend had their babies, they both left the hospital with a large flat of baby formula. IIRC there were a few options to choose from (standard, soy, whatever), and they took home whichever one they wanted.

Even though my friend planned on breastfeeding, it was still provided as part of a little newborn care package she got.

Is this not something that's standard across the US? I had no idea.

My point being, I guess, is that it was certainly more than a 4 day supply, so there'd have been no immediate need to run out and buy formula that quickly for either of them.

I remember getting a diaper bag with some pre made little glass bottles of Enfamil when I left the hospital. It was probably enough for the first week or so, but I don't remember exactly. I also only remember there being Enfamil with iron. They probably had other kinds, but I don't remember them asking. It has been almost 10 years since I've had a baby, so I may not be the most reliable! Lol.

I remember getting a diaper bag with some pre made little glass bottles of Enfamil when I left the hospital. It was probably enough for the first week or so, but I don't remember exactly. I also only remember there being Enfamil with iron. They probably had other kinds, but I don't remember them asking. It has been almost 10 years since I've had a baby, so I may not be the most reliable! Lol.

Yep, that's what they got too. I think you could just heat them up, and pop a nipple onto the jar, or however that works lol. My friend's youngest is like 5 years old now, so maybe they don't do this anymore.

I think this one was an honest mistake. First time mom, sounds like she's on her own since she is running this errand when she is probably still sore, and she thought the baby might wake up and be upset, so a couple minutes would be ok. I think parenting classes would help a lot with this one. Also, the US does need to hop on board with the rest of the first world and provide better stuff for newborns and moms so they have a little cushion right after birth.

. Also, the US does need to hop on board with the rest of the first world and provide better stuff for newborns and moms so they have a little cushion right after birth.

Yeah I've never understood why preventing abortion is such a huge issue politically in the US, but post natal care seems to be given no fucks at all. I'm not sure even prenatal care outside of "DON'T GET AN ABORTION." is really given many fucks either.

Also I should note that my brain has decided that Sharma - Shawarma + Charmin and is now pondering TP being roasted on a spit.

Yeah I've never understood why preventing abortion is such a huge issue politically in the US, but post natal care seems to be given no fucks at all. I'm not sure even prenatal care outside of "DON'T GET AN ABORTION." is really given many fucks either.

Also I should note that my brain has decided that Sharma - Shawarma + Charmin and is now pondering TP being roasted on a spit.
So right. They actually want to shut down Planned Parenthood, when they provide free and discounted prenatal care to those that need it. They also provide baby checkups if needed.

Spay the bitch before she breeds again.
Rehome the child and give it a fighting chance since mom is clearly retarded as fuck.

A lot of hospitals don't anymore. The whole breast is best movement kind of killed off the freebies the formula company gives out.
I was given coupons for free formula when I had my son at the hospital, not actual product. That was 10 years ago, so they probably don't even do that anymore.

No its not normal ..she still went in so being sore was not the issue"" Ignorance is ""
Newborns are asleep 95 percent of time and they weight nothing to carry to put in a shopping cart.
Sorry folks but this lady is no mother and has""" zippo instincts to be one ""
A baby 4 days old should be glued to her
Stupid Stupid. wonder where she got her parenting from ??

No its not normal ..she still went in so being sore was not the issue"" Ignorance is ""
Newborns are asleep 95 percent of time and they weight nothing to carry to put in a shopping cart.
Sorry folks but this lady is no mother and has""" zippo instincts to be one ""
A baby 4 days old should be glued to her
Stupid Stupid. wonder where she got her parenting from ??
How does going in mean she wasn't in pain? I'm at work in tons of pain right now. I've done plenty of things when I didn't feel like it and was in pain. Hmmm....baby starve or do something while in pain...Are you saying it's not normal to pick getting formula when in pain for your baby? If so, then normal people are fucked up.

I think this one was an honest mistake. First time mom, sounds like she's on her own since she is running this errand when she is probably still sore, and she thought the baby might wake up and be upset, so a couple minutes would be ok.

I do think it was an honest mistake, but a very stupid one. Also, the fact that all she seems to do in response is make excuses, rather than owning that this was wrong troubles me.

I do think it was an honest mistake, but a very stupid one. Also, the fact that all she seems to do in response is make excuses, rather than owning that this was wrong troubles me.
I agree, I think she might also see it was wrong but feel defensive. Either way, I think parenting classes and such would help that stuff. I think they should start there and asses her responses,/behavior after that. I'd be less understanding if it wasn't her first kid.

Thanks everyone for your answers to my question.

So that being said. It seems as though she was ill prepared to bring the baby home in the first place. Poor planning. Coupled with stupid decisions.

I don't understand the thought process of already being in the store and then bringing the baby back outside because she fell asleep. From what I gather all she had left to grab was baby formula.

She really doesn't seem to understand just how bad this could've turned out. No sense of responsibility. She might want to work on her critical thinking skills before she gets that baby back.

I was wondering why the hell you would take a sleeping baby back to the car when you're already inside the store too. I dont think she was trying to kill the kid or anything, but I don't see how this was an "honest mistake" unless shes seriously mentally handicapped or something. You don't have to be an experienced mother to know you don't leave a 4 day old baby anywhere by themselves. Much less locked inside of a hot car...AFTER she already had the baby inside the store with her to begin with. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Thanks everyone for your answers to my question.

So that being said. It seems as though she was ill prepared to bring the baby home in the first place. Poor planning. Coupled with stupid decisions.

I don't understand the thought process of already being in the store and then bringing the baby back outside because she fell asleep. From what I gather all she had left to grab was baby formula.

She really doesn't seem to understand just how bad this could've turned out. No sense of responsibility. She might want to work on her critical thinking skills before she gets that baby back.

I read it as, she got back to the car, the baby was sleeping by then and then she realized she forgot the formula. So she decided to leave the baby in the car and run back alone. Maybe thinking it would be quicker. :shrug:

I think this one was an honest mistake. First time mom, sounds like she's on her own since she is running this errand when she is probably still sore, and she thought the baby might wake up and be upset, so a couple minutes would be ok. I think parenting classes would help a lot with this one. Also, the US does need to hop on board with the rest of the first world and provide better stuff for newborns and moms so they have a little cushion right after birth.
She went back inside for formula? Really? If you needed formula why take the baby to the car? Newborns like it when you carry them around while they're sleeping. They sometimes sleep better when they're moving around. Next time, if there is a next time, you need to work on your excuses, because they are piss poor.

Your right plus its just How carefree is that the right word or is not have a bond w/ the baby ?.
[doublepost=1498698461,1498698126][/doublepost]
I was wondering why the hell you would take a sleeping baby back to the car when you're already inside the store too. I dont think she was trying to kill the kid or anything, but I don't see how this was an "honest mistake" unless shes seriously mentally handicapped or something. You don't have to be an experienced mother to know you don't leave a 4 day old baby anywhere by themselves. Much less locked inside of a hot car...AFTER she already had the baby inside the store with her to begin with. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Thank you plus the motherly bond
Where was that ???.
I get thumbs down and other shit
I guess mistakes are OK huh
That's STUPID
WHERE IS HER MOTHERLY INSINICTS ???
JESS H CHRIST WTF

Back