• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Brillig

Danse Macabre Instructor
Bold Member!
http://lancasteronline.com/news/loc...cle_f290fee4-55b9-11e7-a8b2-6fe44c9e0a91.html
Two children were seriously injured after they were attacked by a loose dog Monday in Lancaster, police said.

The children, a 5-year-old boy and 2-year-old girl, were taken to Lancaster General Hospital with serious injuries...

The children are in serious but stable condition...

The dog was identified by police Tuesday as a 66-pound pit bull terrier.

The 5-year-old male terrier broke through a fence in a yard... shortly before the incident, police said.

“The dog managed to get inside the vehicle and attacked the children as they were still secured in their car seats,” police said in a statement.

The children's mother pulled the dog from the van with the help of several people in the area, police said.

The owner of the dog is cooperating with the police investigation, Hickey said in a statement Tuesday.
“The dog is currently quarantined.”

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...cks-kids-strapped-in-car-seats-inside-minivan
A witness who tells WPMT-TV he helped wrestle the dog off the kids Monday says the boy had extreme facial injuries after the attack.

Tom Grab says he pulled the dog off and held onto it, but it managed to wriggle free and resume attacking.

He says the mother was eventually able to flee and drive to a hospital.

I'd be quite alright with a ban on these dogs. Might as well let people have tigers. Nobody needs a dog capable of this kind of destruction or aggression. Doesn't matter whether it's the dogs fault or the owners fault.

I'd be quite alright with a ban on these dogs. Might as well let people have tigers. Nobody needs a dog capable of this kind of destruction or aggression. Doesn't matter whether it's the dogs fault or the owners fault.
Yes, I've come to realize why so many old folks keep small dogs. No longer do I want a dog that can physically defend me, because I'm not strong enough to overpower a large dog that's made a mistake.

http://www.kptv.com/story/35732341/police-dog-that-mauled-2-kids-in-car-seats-to-be-euthanized
LANCASTER, Pa. (AP) - Police say a pit bull that mauled two young children in Pennsylvania as they sat helplessly strapped into their car seats is being euthanized next week.
[....]
Lancaster Police Lt. Bill Hickey says the girl was released from the hospital Thursday. The boy is still hospitalized in serious but stable condition.

Hickey says the dog's owner is voluntarily euthanizing the animal June 30. The dog is currently under quarantine.

They do not have to complete the quarantine period.

Put the dog down and send a sample of brain tissue to the county/state health lab.

I read this story on the front page and then looked on the internet.
One witness was quoted "the boys face was gone"

Omg. Horrific.

Yes, I've come to realize why so many old folks keep small dogs. No longer do I want a dog that can physically defend me, because I'm not strong enough to overpower a large dog that's made a mistake.

I like smaller dogs because I don't need an attack dog. I'm meaner any dog. Ever met a dog that uses guns or bladed weapons?

Back