• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ChaosKitty

Queen Bitch From Hell
I really don't now where to start with this one, so I will take it in pieces. First, forget anything you know of any and all the legends to keep a semblance of sanity when you start watching this and put it into context of a guy flick with lots of special effects along the line of 100, Conan, Scorpion King, Beowulf, etc. That is the way it is put together and I know I was wtfing through the first part and reminding myself Charlie Hunnam was in it and the effects are cool. There have been a good half dozen movies and about the same or more plus a myriad of mini series on the same content done in various ways and this is one more take that you can't follow much from the original stories. Think of it as a street version. The base story usually is some form created from Malory's writing Le Morte D'Arthur [which really had the least amount of literary evidence as a backdrop of all the legends] and from a very tilted sense. imo. I think if Arthur did exist a more plausible base would be a Roman general murdered a local king and took his wife and that is how Arthur was conceived and then he was overthrown so someone saved his kid who grew up and decided to take the little kingdom from the rightful heiress, his half sister Morrigan. There is allot of allegory anyway you look at it and the fight between the local pagan form of worship and laws and the new enforced Roman type laws utilizing Christianity, so if you will a fight between patriarchy and matrilineal belief systems. Anywho, again, forget all that in this movie, as it is all about Arthur the street kid raised in a brothel fighting his evil uncle that murdered his father. Jude Law as usual, plays a really good rotter bad guy and is no where near as creepy as Joaquin Rivers so all is well there. All, in all, once you divorce it from any previous conceived ideas the movie is pretty entertaining in it's own rights though as usual somewhat predictable but enjoy the ride. Also wanna add they had them Viking over in Briton way too soon, lol: their first known showups were around late 700s

Last edited:
Back