• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.raycomnewsnetwork.com/st...out-of-store-after-being-denied-electric-cart
MASON CITY, IA (RNN) - A handicapped man was denied the use of a store-owned electric cart and forced to walk out of the establishment on his hands and knees.

The incident occurred at Mills Fleet Farm on Monday.
[....]
“After I got out of the store, right in front of the door I was told I was not allowed to take the wheelchair out into the parking lot, and I said 'Huh?' I said 'I’ve done this before.' She said 'The wheel chair is to not be out, it needs to come back in.' I said 'What am I supposed to do, crawl out of the store?'" Zahn said.

Zahn said he immediately returned the goods he bought and crawled out of the store.

“This is in no way reflects the Mills values and principles in how we treat our customers,” said Wayne Sales, Chief Operation Officer with Mills Fleet Farm.

Sales said that the judgment call was a bad one.
[....]
Zahn said he hopes his experience will prevent future issues at Fleet Farms.

“Like I said, I hope that it never happens to anybody else. I hope they change their policy; some of us can't help it. We can't help we've had problems in our lives,” Zahn said.
17991972_1570164476328197_2489783281436228149_n.jpg

If the carts are not allowed outside the store, then how did he get the cart to drive around the store?

It really drives me crazy how the carts are always outside with a dead battery, the person who brought it out to you could take it back in for you. I take them back in when I find them in the parking lot until it gets too hot in the summer because the seats get too hot to sit on, and it won't run if you're not seated.

Those folks would be the first ones bitching because there's none available or batteries are all dead.

Thats bullshit. The employee should be fired. That man had to go through all that because the stupid bitch wouldnt let him take their precious cart outside?!! Hope she gets fired for that
Sounds like shes a control freak

cubby, I'm assuming he didn't mind crawling into the store but then had no way to bring his stuff back out to his vehicle. It would be nice if he could get his own wheelchair or scooter.

This is what we would do when my husband went shopping with me. He could walk but it was painful, I would drop him at the door and then park, he'd get a cart and when we were thru we transferred the bags to a shopping cart and he would lean on the shopping cart to get to the car.

I'm sure this guy needed to take the cart out, and he should have been able to, but I'm also sure he was exaggerating by CRAWLING back to his car.

The employee should be fired. That man had to go through all that because the stupid bitch wouldnt let him take their precious cart outside?!! Hope she gets fired for that
Sounds like shes a control freak
Or maybe she's been bitched at time after time when they go missing or get left out and was told by management not to let them. Unfortunately corporations like these sort of blanket rules, and then hamper the individual employees ability to make decisions on the ground floor. For all we know her boss told her the next one she let outside would cost her job.

See this is why sometimes I refuse to listen to people.
Oh because you work at this shit store, I'm going to obey you, HA not a chance.
The man should've just waved the middle finger as he drove it into the parking lot.

I'm not buying his crawling out the store gambit. But that is lousy customer service because an employee didn't have the tact or imagination to handle it better.
If a customer needs to use the cart to get his goods out to the car, then a courtesy clerk can take him out to the car and return the cart. If the store doesn't want the cost of that level of customer service then management needs to be called when a situation escalates.
If a customer causes that much "trouble", the employee should have called for management. I can easily see such a situation escalate from a stubborn clerk and a tired pained curmudgeonly customer.
[doublepost=1495903963,1493309061][/doublepost]"And there stood brave Sir Percy,
Although in dreadful dumps;
When his legs were smitten off,
He fought upon his stumps!"

Im calling bullshit.

Im a die hard mills fleet farm customer. I dont believe it.
How did he get into the store?
If someone dropped him at the door, couldnt they have picked him back up? Im not buying what hes putting down.

I know it sounds horrible but I work in healthcare and it's a joke in hospitals that when you go to the town festivals you see that half the fucking wheelchairs come from the local hospitals. I've seen ER nurses searching the whole building for wheelchairs before it's fucking bad.

If you read some of the articles about him they tell you that his son is the one filming and the reason he's disabled is because he lost his right foot.

This is just milking stuff for sympathy. He didn't have to crawl out of the store..he wanted to crawl out of the store. He was very open with telling media that he had his son film it so he could prove he had to crawl out. His son could have easy pulled the car up front and helped his dad hop over to it instead of watching dad dragging himself across the pavement.

Store wheelchairs/electric carts are usually kept in the store (for good reason) and are meant more for the elderly who cant walk very far. If you can't get yourself into the store to get the wheelchair, you should probably bring your own. He admits that he has his own manual wheelchair but didn't use it because the store has electric carts.

Every time you go to the store either all the carts are left out in the parking lot and are dead or they are not plugged up and are dead.
People can somehow miraculously get them to ride around the store but are unable to return and plug them back in. Yeah I have no sympathy for him whatsoever.

People like him are the first ones to bitch and complain because they are not available or dead when they are usually the ones guilty of leaving them random places for them to go dead. Do they think they return on their own and plug themselves in?

n honor of my disabled husband, I still return them and plug them up when some asshat leaves them in the parking lot, that is if I can sit on the seat, in the summer the seats get so hot you can't sit on them and they won't run without weight on the seat.

If it was his son filming the incident, then Shane Zahn is a bullshitting con artist. He had no need to go "crawling" out of the store when he had an able-bodied son with him for support, package handling, and the very person to go bring the car around to the door.

This right here is a lawsuit-seeking money grabber. Fuck him.

No, what he told him was to record his fake ass crawling out of the store.

I hear a lawsuit coming....some people will do damn near anything to get money. SOB is looking for a big pay off. He is an asshole.

The store should sue HIM for defamation of character, slander or libel...I don't know shit about the law (except for peeing in public. you go to jail for that).

As soon as I read the headline I called bullshit. I'm jaded after SO many fake and/or exaggerated stories looking for money grabs or outright lying about something that will help further their personal agenda.

Last edited:
Back