• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

everjaded

ಠ_ಠ
Bold Member!
There's not a huge story here, TBH. I'm mainly posting this for the sheriff's quote at the end which had me like: :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

An 18-year-old is facing misdemeanor charges after the Pasco County sheriff says he and his friend terrorized a little girl.

Sheriff Chris Nocco said video shows Drew Bretnall and another teenager chasing the nine-year-old child as she walked home from school.

He said Bretnall recorded the incident on his phone. Bretnall told deputies he and his friend were recreating a Japanese anime character as the one teen charged after her.

“They scared this little girl to death. She thought there was clear and imminent danger to herself. They scared her to death,” said the sheriff in a press conference Thursday.

He’s pursuing misdemeanor assault charges against Bretnall, while working alongside the State Attorney’s Office.

In phone conversations with Bretnall and his family, they told News Channel 8 that they believe this whole incident is “ridiculous” and that they have hired an attorney.

While the two teens told deputies it was a joke, the sheriff says this is no laughing matter.

“We got 18-year-olds that are leaving to go off to college, 18-year-olds starting their careers, 18-year-olds sacrificing their lives, going overseas to defend our liberty and what America stands for. Then you got this moron standing out there creating a Japanese anime whatever its called,” said the sheriff.

http://wfla.com/2017/05/11/pasco-te...-9-year-old-pretending-to-be-anime-character/

Imagine what could have happened if this terrified child had ran into an oncoming vehicle trying to get away from these two idiots. Child endangerment should be added to the assault charges, IMO.

Then you got this moron standing out there creating a Japanese anime whatever its called,” said the sheriff.

You're right ... :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

“They scared this little girl to death. She thought there was clear and imminent danger to herself. They scared her to death,” said the sheriff in a press conference Thursday.

But this part is serious even if he is exaggerating a bit.

Ok well nitpick..
She was scared, terrified...but unless she is dead..it was not 'scared to death'
I fucking hate that expression.

A shame a bystander didn't see it and be carrying.
Just think of the hijinks to be had then.
Couple of damn nitwits if you ask me.
Give 'em community service clearing sewers of gators or something.

18 years old?! I thought boys got over that phase by 13.

That 9 year old girl needs to toughen up. All these kids need a father's discipline. The girl's father can teach her to be stronger, more confident. Don't put her in therapy - Dad should take her for a walk in the dark, give her some backbone and confidence. Kids are going to lay in wait for her now that they know her weakness.

The boys' fathers need to give the teens hell for chasing, teasing, scaring a girl. Then make them apologize in person.

This is the kind of thing families can handle amongst themselves if they don't make excuses for the kids. I can't see charges sticking in a court of law.

"Scared to death" I agree, over used phrase. It's almost as bad as "love them to death".
The decline of precise language is a sad thing.

That 9 year old girl needs to toughen up.

I have to agree. When I was a kid older kids were messing with us all the time. It wasn't fun, but it was pretty harmless, and it taught us to stand up for ourselves.

Charging someone over this is ridiculous. Just make the teens apologise.

How people used to handle this kind of thing without police.
Knock knock,
Who's there?
Parents of boys: The parents of the boys who terrorised your daughter. They are here to apologize.
Parents of girl: Come in, meet our little girl. (pushing her forward)
Parents of boys: Hello little girl. We are deeply ashamed, disgusted and angry with these miscreants for scaring you like that. They have something to say.
Boys: We are very sorry for scaring you like that.
Girl: OK, sniff, sniff
Parents of girl: Say "I accept your apology"
Girl: Sigh. I accept your apology.
Parents of girl: We also didn't realize she could be so easily scared. We are going to teach her to have more courage and confidence, karate lessons, things like that. So if something like this happens again, she'll kick them in the balls and run like hell. Right? Being a princesses isn't all pretty dresses, it's standing up for yourself. Right?
Girl: I guess so.....
Everyone goes their way.
Every parent says to their spawn: "This better not happen again!"

Again... isnt there some real crimes in that city that need solving?

Boys say you're sorry and everyone get on with their llives.

“We got 18-year-olds that are leaving to go off to college, 18-year-olds starting their careers, 18-year-olds sacrificing their lives, going overseas to defend our liberty and what America stands for. Then you got this moron standing out there creating a Japanese anime whatever its called,” said the sheriff.
Well said Mr. Sheriff, Well said.

Give 'em community service clearing sewers of gators or something.
But having monster jump out of every corner until they pee themselves, I hate a jokester, practical or otherwise.

I have a burning need to know what character they were imitating in their efforts to be scary.

And that quote at the end is priceless. Thank you so much for posting!

Also, re: scaring kids "to death" by "making a Japanese anime whatever that is":

I'm split.

On the one hand, it seems absurd to charge people for assault just for some dumb prank like this. Chasing someone = assault? THe fuck?

On the other hand, these guys sound like douchey annoying nerds. Anime? What the fuck!?? Makes it impossible for me to have anything but ill will towards them. Lock these nerds up for life.

I have a burning need to know what character they were imitating in their efforts to be scary.

And that quote at the end is priceless. Thank you so much for posting!

Also, re: scaring kids "to death" by "making a Japanese anime whatever that is"

Me too! Maybe we have a new man-Faye? I used to work anime/comic book/table top gaming conventions. By far animoos are the scariest. Glomping strangers without warning, taking a cosplay way too far. God I've been knocked over by so many Narutards. This behavior is the norm for anime fans but it's never supposed to go outside the convention.

I would cosplay in character but never took it far enough to upset someone.

Community service and an apology are due.

Fucking virgins. If youre 18 and dressed like a anime character and it's not Halloween and there's not a comicon involved you need to have the living shit beat out of you and/or taken to the nearest strip club and/or whorehouse.

When my son was about 13 he had a scary pumpkin head mask.

Our neighbors dining room window was right by our driveway.
he scared their 4 year old bad.
But only once. Then the neighbor told me and i made my son take the mask and show her it was just a rubber mask and apologize.
That was it. No one got arrested.

Back