• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

everjaded

ಠ_ಠ
Bold Member!
Much more to come on this one, I'm sure.

Authorities in Mississippi say a suspect is in custody after eight people were killed in a shooting, including a sheriff’s deputy.

Mississippi Bureau of Investigation spokesman Warren Strain said the shootings occurred at three separate homes Saturday night in rural Lincoln County. Two of the homes are in Brookhaven and one is in Bogue Chitto. The area is about 68 miles south of Jackson, the capital.

Strain said investigators were gathering evidence at all three locations.

Strain said charges have not yet been filed against the suspect and that it would be “premature” to discuss a motive.

It was not clear whether the suspect knew his victims before allegedly killing them.

http://wfla.com/2017/05/28/police-say-8-dead-in-mississippi-shooting/
[doublepost=1495983634,1495982981][/doublepost]
Authorities from multiple agencies took Cory Godbolt into custody on East Lincoln Road Sunday morning after they say he killed eight people, including a Lincoln County deputy.

The deputy's name and the names of the other victims, have not yet been released.

Godbolt fled from police and allegedly killed people at three different scenes in Lincoln County. He told The Clarion-Ledger reporter he did it because he loved his wife and children and he loves Bogue Chitto.

As authorities took Godbolt to the ground, he was saying he had been shot by someone inside the home

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...-allegedly-has-16-year-old-hostage/352133001/

The hyperlink itself says something about him having a 16 year old hostage, but there no mention of that in the actual article; it was updated with his capture info. Gonna have to do some digging, it looks like he killed multiple family members and a deputy in a failed suicide by cop attempt.

I dont understand how a cop ends up dead if a criminal was trying to do a suicide by cop. If you shoot the guy to death, how is he going to fulfill the desired part on his end?

He's just trying to avoid guilt on that one, in SOME minor way. "Im not evil, i didnt want to kill the cop, i just wanted them to kill me!" Bullshit, this guy is an evil piece of shit and wanting nothing more than to take out as many fucking people as he could. ALL these sociopaths are narcissists and people like that value their own lives above EVERYTHING else.

He blames the people who called 9-11 for the officers death. According to him, it wasnt his fault. Them placing the call is what cost him his life.

[doublepost=1496002706,1496002563][/doublepost]I bet the 2 kids he offed were his own.

Mississiippi is the 2nd worst state in America after North Dakota.

Last edited:
Mitchell said he escaped along with Godbolt's wife. But he said three family members were killed in his home: his wife, Barbara Mitchell; her daughter, Toccarra May; and the wife's sister, Brenda May.
His wife made it out alive. That poor woman. Im assuming the two boys were their kids and everyone else is her relatives.
Damn.

Her family took a gamble understandably, have her step dad get her out then the lunatic wouldn't hurt anyone else, he killed her mom I think a sister of hers and her aunt, still haven't heard but bet he then kidnapped the boys that probably flipped shit because he had murdered grandma and other family members [not clear on the other woman if she was a sister to the woman who fled]. He shoulda had his head blown off while he was on the ground

Their church has named them all. @Dutchgirl 's link has pictures for them all as well. They are vague on the juveniles and how they are related, seems to be nephews but its not real clear. They also say the 16yr old boy that was taken hostage is okay. The church says he was related to them all except the deputy who responded.

You did just fine. :) This is so fucked up, a family wiped out. This reminds me of the Pike County 8. Godbolt was related to all of the victims except Deputy Durr. Notice he didn't start wailing until he ran out of bullets and couldn't kill anyone else? Why kill the kids? What a cold-hearted bastard.

From Dutchgirl's link:

• Responding deputy William Durr, 36, was killed in the first shooting at 11:30pm along with three females at a home in the 2800 block of Lee Drive
  • Godbolt's wife escaped with their two kids and her stepfather Vincent Mitchell
  • The bodies of two juvenile boys were found at a second home in Brookhaven
  • A man and woman were found dead at the third crime scene nearby
Victims killed in the first shooting:
v8iw5y.jpg

Prior to becoming a police officer, he worked with youth groups and was a mental health technician.

302s9ja.jpg

Barbara Mitchell, above, her daughter Toccarra May, and Barbara's sister Brenda May all died inside the home with the deputy during the first shooting.

tocarra-may.jpg

Toccarra May

40E4E55B00000578-4549852-image-a-55_1496002052784.jpg

Brenday May

h=300

Vincent Mitchell is Godbolt's stepfather-in-law. He fled the scene of the first shooting, but his wife Barbara, her sister Brenda, and Barbara's daughter Toccarra were killed.

Jordan Blackwell, 18 and Austin Edwards, 11 were found dead at the second home.
2m43nf5.jpg

Shelia and Ferral Burage were found dead at the scene of the third shooting.
40E4E52400000578-4549852-Shelia_Burage_was_among_the_list_of_eight_victims_posted_on_New_-m-26_1496020634707.jpg

Teen Jordan Blackwell Dies a Hero Saving His Cousin From Shooting Spree

It was after midnight when a gunman burst into the living room of a southern Mississippi home where young people were playing video games.

Caleb Edwards, 15, said the man — whom he knows as Corey Godbolt — demanded to know where his cousin's parents where. Jordan Blackwell, 18, said they were gone to another town.

At that, Godbolt "just started shooting," Caleb said.

As people scrambled to hide inside the Brookhaven home, Blackwell used his own body to shield his cousin Caleb from the gunfire. :(

With his mother standing by his side Monday, Caleb spoke calmly as he recounted to The Associated Press how he felt the force of the impact as Blackwell was shot Sunday.

"He loved me enough to take some bullets for me," Caleb said.

Caleb's 11-year-old brother, Austin Edwards, was also shot to death in that living room early Sunday. They were among the eight people killed in three houses in a rampage that started late Saturday after law enforcement officers were called about a domestic dispute. A deputy sheriff was among those killed. The other seven were all relatives or acquaintances of the accused shooter.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-mississippi-shooting-20170529-story.html
[doublepost=1496223202,1496222841][/doublepost]

Ferral Burage died defending his family, trading shots with Corey Godbolt

Y'all need to read this article, it's too long to quote. I'm bawling.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...orey-godbolt-died-defending-family/356383001/
[doublepost=1496223409][/doublepost]
willie-corey-godbolt.jpg

Fuckface

Tub O guts shoulda just killed himself and been a man about it.
Leave everyone else alone and snuff his own ass out.

Now normally I cry death penalty, but this guy wants the easy out.
So, lock him away forever with daily reminders of the shit he did.
Plus some regular beatings might be nice.
Maybe bring in loved ones of the victims and give them a few turns beating his sorry swollen baboon ass...oh right that's his face.

Put him in shackles at a wall that won't allow him to sit or lay down.

Back